Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Monday August 24'th 2009

Daily discussions.
MAWmum

Re: It's Monday August 24'th 2009

Post by MAWmum » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:28 pm

I posted a picture of the table runner I have been working on all day in the photo section.

Now I am tired!

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

My little guy was born 3 weeks early and weighed 6/15 and was 19 1/2 long. Now that he is 3 weeks old, he is growing like a weed. I sure did enjoy having him snuggle on my shoulder. There is nothing like that smell.

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Good evening all,

Finally got the results for the biopsy. I have cancer. The surgeon says it is treatable, so now I'm just trying to calm DH and DS down. However, any and all prayers and good thoughts are welcome.

Rosie

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Oh Rosie....prayers coming your way my dear.

Mary

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Rosie, just read your message with the not-good news. I am holding you in the light of prayer as I write, asking for a safe journey through your treatment and full recovery...

Will pray for you each day, sweetheart!

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Good evening everyone..Rosie, I am thinking of you dear..Paryers and hugs to you...

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Vicky, I am so glad you got some good sleep... hope you get much more... how was your outing yesterday?

Farmchick.. I am jealous.. I would love to see the civil war history in that area and the whole midwest to east coast.... I was lucky enough to go to Little Rock Ark. where the home of my gr gr gr grandfather is still standing... at one time he owned the block and now the history center sits there right near a state building where he helped build the pillers in the front... it was very interesting.

Cathy, hope you're feeling a lot better.

Cindy, my mistreated DH fixes his own lunch too... and his own breakfast unless I feel like fixing it for him... the only thing I fix is dinner... unless he BBQ's then I only make the sides... I've got it so rough.

Irishgram.. wish I had gotten to Sandy's runny peach pie before you did.. drat.... I am sorry you are always tired... hope it's figured out soon.

Jana,,, I remember my pen pal.. I was in 5th grade and she lived in Santa Barbara... we went there on the train... it was fun... I don't even remember her name...

Grammie, wait!!!! don't sit down to dinner just yet... I am on my way... I will stop by Sandy's and get that runny peach pie... if Irishgram hasn't beaten me to it... and then I can bring desert... I love stuffed cabbage... but it's almost 6pm here and I bet I am too late...can't wait to hear aobut the onions.. hope they smelled as wonderful as when the dehydrators are working around here... I love it...

Maw, I saw the picture of your table runner... it is very cool.

Karon, I agree about the baby smell.. I held an 8 month baby today.. he was way too cute... I love when they have no teeth and smile... Have you posted a picture of your baby ?

Rosie, I am sorry that it turns out you have cancer but I am very thankful it is treatable.... I will definatly keep you in my prayers...

well there are dishes and the dish fairy didn't show up again... ugh

ttfn,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Good Evening, Chriss I didn't hold dinner but I put quite a few in the freezer so let me know when you are coming and I will cook some more up for ya.

I got the onions done in 3 1/2 hours and they did smell great. now I will do somemore tomorrow. This is going to be fun, I had to stop and move the old furniture out of the living room cause the new stuff is coming tomorrow. I was going to move the old sofa up to our TV room but DH didn't feel like carying it up the stairs with me...It is heavy so we moved it into his office,,,,hmmmmmmm I wonder if that was the plan, It is only a love seat so he will have a hard time sleeping in there.

I didn't get any sewing done today...ended up going to the store and that blew the little time I had. So I will try tomorrow. I am jumping into the shower now. Im gonna read....Say good night Judi.......Good night Judi

macdor

Post by macdor » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:49 pm

Rosie, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Prayers and good thoughts are sent your way.

DorothyM

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Rosie I am holding you in my thoughts & prayers. I'm sorry that the results are Cancer but at least it is treatable.

Thanks Chriss, I do feel somewhat better. It has just been a bummer of a day. Our SIL has to have surgery in the morning as he has a Kidney Stone that is lodged somewhere & stuck. They will go up & insert a couple of stents so hopefully he can pass it.

My Mom has her other Cataract surgery done tomorrow. She is really looking forward to it.

DH found out today that a kid he worked with was killed early Sunday morning in a motorcycle accident. 25 yr old kid. That was a shock. So it has been a bummer of a day.

And my sewing has not been going well at all. Cut my strips with the Accucut, sewing with a scant 1/4 in. seam and 3 out of 5 blocks have turned out the right size. LOL SO I quit for the day. Tomorrow will surely go better!

Going to go take a hot bath. I will see yall tomorrow. Sweet Dreams & Sleep well.

Love Yall

Return to “Sew ins”