Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Monday August 24'th 2009

Daily discussions.
Cathy32078

Re: It's Monday August 24'th 2009

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 am

Happy Monday Morning! Bev I love that beautiful Bird! It was nice & cool here this morning too. I think it will warm up though until Thursday then we have a cool front moving in with high temps in the 80's.

Sounds like a busy weekend was had by everyone. I hope all of you have a good week and no unexpected problems, speed bumps, or potholes pop up in your paths.

I had a fever yesterday and slept all day. Still a slight temp today. Just a head cold I think. I'm going to try to make it to the PO today but if I don't, I will go tomorrow. Vicky I have blocks to mail to you for Lydia.

You all have a great day doing whatever you are doing. I will pop back in later.

Love You ALL

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:37 am

I had grandbabies all weekend, and now I'm recuperating. My quilting buddy, Corning, and I are planning our guild retreat. Well, she does the planning and I help expedite. She just called and we have to go pick out some printing for totebags. I also have to pick up some papers at the cpa. So, guess I'd better get to the shower and get ready. I do have some projects that I HAVE to do before the retreat. I was volunteered to embroidery 23 award ribbons -- uh oh, we added a category--26 award ribbons for our upcoming quilt show. My one day a week job and new grandbaby is getting in the way of quilting. I MUST, MUST prepare for the class I am teaching at the retreat. I hate to do something like that and not know what I'm doing.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 am

CaroleJ - I got one load of laundry washed and dried but they are still in the dryer. It's whites/undies so I'll just turn on the dryer for a few to knock out the wrinkles and get them folded tonight and another load in the washer. I could have gotten that load folded but I HAD to watch HGTV Design Star to see what they did and who got their show cancelled.

Maryz - is it cool enough to leave your doggie in the car?? Gosh, if we left our dogs in the car they'd be unconscious in five minutes and dead in ten. My poor, mistreated DH fixes his own lunch. There just is no way I'm dragging myself out of bed at 4:30 in the morning. So you shouldn't feel bad about your DH leaving without a lunch.

Sandy - it's good that you went ahead with your picnic. Reminds me of picnics when we were kids and we did it at the beach. There's nothing that tastes as good as fried chicken and tater salad in the salty air near the water. A little sand never killed anybody! LOL

Carolyn - hope your day at work goes smoothly.

kho - yum yum that peach pie sounds good. I bet your house smells good, too.

Cathy - sorry you have a fever. Could be a sinus infection? Hope you are feeling better soon.

xteacher - gosh, girl, you have a lot on your plate and they all sound like they have a deadline.

I'm off to the mail box to sent blocks to Vicky then I'll fix my lunch. BBL

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:49 am

Goodness everyone is busy today. I am at work so nothing new for me. I have to work at Joann's tonight though. It is only one day a week but I think I am getting tired of it and may not be doing it much longer. I was really getting used to being home in the evenings after surgery so it is very hard for me to get my self to Joann's to work. Oh well I will just have to see how I do with it again. I have been putting the binding on a quilt for a dear friend (picture to follow when it is done). It is a surprise for her so I can't wait to finish it and get it to her.

Brenda

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:59 am

Well, here I am again. Ryan is watching a "Tigger" movie...DH went to the lumber yard for some fencing to put up a new bin to catch his sawdust from his shop...it's about 6' X 6' and the same height.
I'm washing some fabric...tring to decide on fabric for some birthday blocks due in the next couple of months. Ever since the episode with the red fabrics, I'm washing everything now! lol!
Whoever said that you can't "plan" your day when you have the DGK's was right!

Joanne:0)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:27 am

Good afternoon from a very pleasant, warm SW, Pa...It was cool over night and we woke up to lots of fog but the day is gorgeous....

I helped in the kitchen at Meals on Wheels and then DH and I delivered...We have 1 lady who has a slightly overweight Golden Lab named Sammie...Well, Sammie is so darn lovable, my DH has a hard time getting back out of the house...Today he took Sammie a chewie and of course they are now really best friends..I honestly think my DH helps with Meals just to visit the pets....

While having my tea, I thought I'd catch up on everyone and now you all have made me tired....Everyone is so busy...I have a feeling the rest of the day will be fruitless for me...I just wish the rest of my tests were over and someone would find a reason for me being so tired...And I'm not blaming it on age, most of my friends are older and they're going like crazy....Maybe I need a couple of weeks on a beach somewhere......

Oh well, the days too nice to complain...I am going to attempt the sewing room and I'm sure just being surrounded by fabric will pep me up.....

Farmchick, I love to read your posts...Have you ever thought of writing? You sure have a way with words...

Kho, I can almost smell the peach pie baking...And you can pass that runny pie my way, I don't mind eating with a spoon...By the way, did the cow come home?

Everyone have a great afternoon,
Enjoy the day!

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:43 am

Just dropping in to give you all the news!
Jonah Jacob Burns was born late last night or early this morning. He weighed in at 6 1/2 pounds and is 19 1/2" long!
Mom and baby are doing fine, Grandma El is beside herself with joy! Ya'll are the first to know!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:45 am

Hi All Im reading all the post and am tired just reading what everyone has done I felt guilty so I went and put on a load of wash grabbed a london broil out of the freezer threw it in a pan of cold water to defrost should have done that from the morning but got side tracked .

Kho send me some of that peach Pie it realy sounds good.

Cindy did you get any relief yet from the heat i bet if you put those clothes on the line and they would probably disinegreat.

Everyone else if I fogot you Im sorry.

Lois BBL

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 am

Just popped in for a minute - on my way out to visit a lady in a Nursing home for the first time - its her birthday and my friend and I are going over to see her - it should be fun to get to know her -

Sewed all weekend and now my DH is telling me that I am "celebrating laziness"!! Uglies need to be done around here - so I will start them when I get back in a few minutes. I just remind him that -laziness is the mother of invention!!! - LOL

I too enjoy having friends around the world here - it sure is a lot quicker than the old pen pal system we had in elementary school!!

Have a great day - doing all the things that we do and then have some fun!!

Jana
BBL
Edit - Congratulations on the new addition at QIAD!!! Grandbabies are the best!!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks Linda! Bet Grandma, Mom & Dad are just besides themselves with joy & happiness. Love the name and he seems like a very nice size baby. I am so very happy for them~! Nothing like a new baby in a loving home~!

Hugs & Love

Return to “Sew ins”