Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Monday August 24'th 2009

Daily discussions.
institcheswithrosie

Re: It's Monday August 24'th 2009

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:11 pm

First of probably many humorous. Surgeon asked my cup size. I'm a D. She said at least she had a lot to work with.
She is also weaning me off my hormones. Great, cancer and hot flashes. Just what I need.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Rosie - Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you are finding some humor - laughter is the best medicine!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Rosie, you are in my prayers! I know so many BC survivors!!! All are wonderful, positive testimonies and you are going to join them!!! We're all pulling for you to beat this quickly!!!

I love that you haven't lost your sense of humor. Your doctor sounds like a wonderful person--positive and upbeat and caring. Remember, those are NOT hot flashes; they are POWER SURGES!!! You SURGE, Girl!!! Tell DH to get a sweater to wear through your SURGES!!!

Linda--WOW! Congratulations to El and the new parents!!! What a joyous occasion! I'm sure that little one will have his share of new quilts!!! LOL

Kho--hope you saved your runny peach pie. You just serve it over the ice cream and call it ice cream a la pie! It sounds delicious!!! Sometimes our "flops" have the BEST flavor! When I used to make and decorate cakes, a favorite was my from scratch chocolate. Well, once in awhile it didn't rise. My neighbors were happy to take it off my hands and call it brownie cake. It was a special treat for them! Kind of an edible one man's trash is another man's treasure. LOL

My mouth is watering over the cabbage rolls. I made lasagne using zucchini, mushrooms, etc. That's pretty close to cabbage rolls...

I will have to look at a food dehydrator next year. We pick morel mushrooms in the spring, and I heard someone say she dehydrated them and kept them in the freezer. I usually breaded and froze what we didn't fix at the time (in really good years).

We rented the apartment and gave the kids an orientation of all that we expected from them and what they could expect from us. DH said the lease was a lot of rules to be ignored. I'm optimistic, as always! She is expecting a baby in the next couple of weeks. I should get a panel and make her a little quilt. I could tie it and it wouldn't take long at all.

Joanne--A baby book by El! What a super idea!!! I still have a son who hasn't started a family yet. I've been wanting to start a hope chest so I can have finished items on hand for when the time comes. I did for my DD, and their children are both adopted without 9 months to prepare--more like 9 minutes!!! LOL

Cindy, so sorry about no rain. Wish I could send you some of what we got last week. We are now back to rolling in dusty roads. It doesn't stay settled long.

Cathy & Jana--I had a pen-pal who lived in England. A boy. Waaaaay back when I was in 6th grade. I don't remember his name, either. Now, I have all of you!!! I like the instant gratification of the computer and not waiting for weeks/months on a letter.

Cathy--hope you get to feeling better. Sounds like you have a lot going on tomorrow with your mom's surgery and your SIL's. Poor guy!!! Yeowsa!!! So glad your mom has such a positive attitude. Sending prayers your way! Sorry about your sewing. Some days the (Seam) Ripper wins. It's just time to set it aside when that happens.

IrishGram--sending good thoughts to you!!! How's your iron levels? I could hardly get out of bed and drag myself to work when I was anemic to the point of needing a transfusion. (Fibroids were the cause; got them fixed and no more problems other than the ones I make for myself. LOL)

Carin--LOVE your runner!!! KEEP IT!!! No ex- is worth that!!!

Now I'm off to watch TV with DH and try to stay awake to put in some handquilting stitches in my little D&N bonus. It's going slowly as when I sit on my butt my eyelids shut. LOL

The sunset here was glorious! There were REAL golden rays coming up--just like we used to color in grade school!!! It was beautiful! They were coming up out of magenta-rose-vermillion-fading to blue. AMAZING! I sat at the corner and forgot about crossing the highway while looking at the amazing scene!

Best wishes to everyone for a great evening, restful sleep and a pleasant awakening tomorrow!

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Rosie I am so sorry to hear that. Try to keep your spirits up because that will certainly help you to get through this.

Brenda

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Rosie - you are in our prayers and smile - you will get through this!! Glad that the doctors are on top of it - the sooner the better!!

Jana

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Rosie.......I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! (((((HUGS)))))

Sandy

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:46 pm

Corning and I met this afternoon and picked out a design for our tshirts and tote bags for our retreat. The print shop is 30 miles from me. Then, I have worked on embroidering the award ribbons for our quilt show. I started out needing 23, then we added another category, so now I needed 26. I have 10 left to do. I was quite tied up because there are so many colors changes, so hubby fixed us both a stuffed pepper from the freezer. I just had to quit and take a break before my back started hurting really bad. Hopefully, I can finish them tomorrow, so I can send them to the girl who will make up the ribbons. Then, I want to make a bag for my cutting mat before the retreat. Also, I need to work on a couple of the projects we will be doing to refresh my memory before I try to teach it. I will have class Wednesday, and will probably drive 3 1/2 hrs. to visit the boys again this weekend. I am having to skip the cutting session for our retreat, but this is the only weekend for a month that I can go see them. When Hayes was born, I stopped by the Janome place there and bought several new feet for my machines, but I have not had time to play with any of them. Maybe I can do that during free sewing time at the retreat.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:49 pm

(((hugs))) to our dear Rosie

Return to “Sew ins”