Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday August 23th

Daily discussions.
GrandmaTaz

Re: Sunday August 23th

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Good evening all. Had a day of laundry(uglies) and making the blocks for Vicky. Made the first set and the full block was way off on all sides. You would think I had been drinking when I was sewing the blocks together....LOL (I don't drink) But I was a little more careful with the next set and they went together great. Easy block I really like it.

Chirss.....Heat N bond is a glue like seam a steam and wonder under. But the fusible interfacing is just that, an interfacing that says in the garment or block. Just checked your orginally post and you are doing the barn block. If this is for applique the fusible makes it easier to do, but you can use the other to fuse it down. I like the seam a steam or wonder under better. Never had good luck with the heat n bond, but I know some people have had good luck with it.

Jeanne

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Kathy....my daughter still has her blanket (it's name is "Need Need") it went to college with her and now is in her apt. It is her piece of home :) I took a picture of it and tucked it in her backpack when she went to kindergarten :)

hi I have been having fun today. My Halloween wallhanging is ready for the applique and then it is done and then I have been sewing strips for a quilt that the pattern is "in my head" we will see how it works out.

Buttercup called and told me that the new Fons and Porter is full of projects that I will love ;) just what I need....

oh John is back from the grocery store so I am going to go sit and chat with him while he cooks :)

ta ta

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:29 pm

I got some quilty kinda things done today before I am making dinner.

finished my stitchery, I am working on a table runner that I have in my head (kinda sketched it out I am hoping it turns out half as cute as it is in my head) Its for birthdays I used the patterns for the ice cream and party hats from El's Ice cream book. I will post a picture when it gets done.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks Chriss, I will keep that in mind. I have a vent fan in the kitchen....wonder how my neighbors would like the smell. LOL.

Well I finally got the new embriodery machine working with the help of DH, I am so computer illiterate...he laughs at me because I have to write the directions down step by step untill I do it a few times and then I am good. I think I am going to make a table topper for Halloween. I found some cat patterns to embroider....Now to find some Halloween fabric here somewhere.

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 pm

I have been appiuk just doing the leafs now i have five more to do then the stem then flowers. brb break time

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Jeanne... I think I am going to cheat on the barn block... Since I only have heat n bond I will use my white fabric and make the entire roof then applique a block in the right spot... cross your fingers... lol

Carolyn, what a cool blankie story.. how neat that she still has it.. my son has a stuffed dog he won in the diaper derby at the fair... he named it barkey and still has it...Barkey went to school with him till about 2nd grade stuffed in his back pack hidden away...

Sarah, can't wait to see a picture... bet it came out cute.

Grammie, your neighbors will love it... I sure love that smell...

well you all have a good evening, time to put the clean sheets onthe bed and shower.. nothing better than being clean on clean sheets...

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Good Night Ladies....

Carolyn...love your story too. Both my girls still have their babyhood teddies.

I am working tomorrow....will miss you all.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:27 pm

I finally got to come back, we had one of those quick thunder and rain storms. Was nice to get a little rain but it cuts into my computer time....LOL

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey Taz i know what u mean i hate when dang storms come here. Right now applique.

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Take care Sarah, I'm off to bed. Have a great week.

Jeanne

Return to “Sew ins”