Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday August 23th

Daily discussions.
swtsarahjane

Re: Sunday August 23th

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:24 am

Cindy it is fons and porters love of quilting. I got the bills out of the way for a week now. Now time to get something made today. It sure is hot again after the dang rain nothing new after its rains it get hoter. BBL

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:27 am

Sewcarolyn, it's a plastic bag holder, and I take it outside when we have our yard sales twice a year. Everyone always wants to buy her! If you zoom in, you can really see her "ugly" face!

Joanne:0)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:42 am

Good After Noon....DD is late..she might be here by the time I finish this post.lol

Grammie....I can not wait to see what you dehydrate.

Chrissy...I will try the Flop Cake too. Thanks...

Carole...sounds like you will have productive day. The block for Lydia goes together so fast. I am doing an other set tonight.

Maryz...the inside of the door is done. I will wait for cooler to do the outside trim. The Flop Cake sounds so good...love cinn...Sorry about your trip. After the thingy is fixed..when will you go?

Mary...I love to go to Home Depot...how are they to work for? Do you like an always changing schedule?

Chriss...The DD is 1hr late...We usually have 'kitchen sink salad'. A salad with anything interesting we can find. I once did mango/chicken...very good.
I am happy you have DH to do the dump...it can be a disgusting. Like yesterdays trip...LOL

Sarah...I just received Fond & Porter's fall issue. It is full of fall patterns and fabrics.

Cindyg...Have a good afternoon!!!

Joanne...YUP...she is ugly. There is a lesson in this for us all...lol

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 am

Afternoon everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joannequilts - I love ugly, that is how I feel right now. But, a smile is coming to the face for I think all the uglies are done, for today at least.

Hope all is have a good day. Was up early this morning. Fred one of our outside cats was not around when I went to bed last night so he was left out. Around 3:30 I heard him at the door. Got up to let him in and could not get back to sleep. Only thing to do when that happens is get up make coffee and read the posts and see if anyone is having the same problem. You all were sleeping. Now you all is coming from a NY er. Think I have been in the south to long.

Way to many posts to answer, I'm afraid that I will miss someone. Everyone seem busy and a lot on your plates. Have a great afternoon. Hear a storm coming. I will sent it west, hope it gets there.

DorothyM

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:58 am

Yes it does Kathy.

I have change the walmart and LQS swap today go check it out plz.

Misssharna if you come in here plz go check in pink and brown noodles the last time you check in was 7/30/09.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 am

Hi from Canada,
Fishing is on hold today, it's pretty windy.
I'm not sure which project I'll work on.

I may take a Segway ride.

I posted this in General Quilting, but if you are like me I don't check there everyday. I was watching Fons & Porter, show #1409. They told about a place where you can make your own fabric. Here's the web site:

http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome'>htt ... om/welcome

What is so neat is they can print a large piece, not just paper size. I haven't tried this, but the example they showed on TV was a duck with different color backgrounds. They had a panel with 10 ducks on it.

I hope everyone has a good day!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:44 am

Back again....hello everyone! I love my goof-off days when I can log on and chat any time I like...it's fun hearing what everyone else is up to.

Chriss, Roxy is our home security system, highly sensitive to feline intruders. There is a female cat in our neighborhood that generally produces 1 or 2 litters a year :-( She doesn't look like a stray, she's well fed and looks clean and healthy, but it p****s me off that her owners are so irresponsible. There's NO WAY they could miss her being PG every year. Anyway, her current brood is roaming around the neighborhood now. They like to lounge on our patio...that's probably what Roxy heard this morning. We also live less than half a mile from a quarry so we occasionally get possums wandering through.

Roxy was full of p*ss and vinegar this morning at the lake, trying to make out like she was a horse and I was the cart! Thank goodness for the Halti, otherwise she would drag me down the road like crazy. A big chocolate lab wanted to say hello and be friendly, and she was VERY rude to him and snarled. I had to "check" her firmly several times. Yet several other dogs went right by and she barely noticed them. She is such a mystery to me! Bicyclists, runners/walkers, skaters, skateboarders...not even a blip on her radar, she barely acknowledges them. With other dogs, she is unpredictable. She has only been with us 4 weeks, but she has nosed her way into our hearts and is here for the long haul.

Cindyg, have you started that laundry yet? ;-)

I've been sitting here listening to my Sunday morning Beatles show (LOVE IT), and making a block for Lydia...but I need a break and a snack. Think I'll go see what's available for a small nosh, throw a load of whites in, and take 30 minutes or so to deal with the pile of clean towels and cleaning rags that are sitting there.

I am going to post a strange request in Chit Chat, if anyone heads over that way. See ya later!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:03 am

Sarah, I am so glad you had a good night last night...I hope you have another one tonight....Did you pick a project out of that magazine yet?

Cindy, my pattern calls for paperback fusible... which I will use the heat & bond for... but the "non woven fusible interfacing" is something I don't know anything about... I wonder if I could get away with heat N bond for that as well?

thansk Carolyn.. I e-mailed him the link.. sounds cool...

Kathy, hope DD made it... I like the salad idea...I also got my F&P magazine... I do like the quilt on the cover...hope you and DD have fun... brat boy (BB) isn't here yet... we also call him milk boy because he seems to always drink all the milk...

Dorothy, you need to buy that cat a watch... It has been looking like a storm here all day and with the exception of a little wind and a light sprinkle I think it's not going to amount to much.. but I enjoy the cooler weather.

sounds cool Lyn.. I am going to go check it out

Carole, glad Roxy was doing her job.

ttfn,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:28 am

Chirss i like to do them all lol. I think i do the happy jack one. That one is so cute. I working on right now my PFTH right now on the second block wow. Sarah

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 am

I can't wait for my dehydrator, you all have given me more ideas. I will start with onions and green peppers from the garden. I am going to take before and after pictures, It will amaze. I am going out to weed now for a couple of hours. Then supper.....then sewing for the remainder of the evening. BBL

Return to “Sew ins”