Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Daily discussions.
swtsarahjane

Re: Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Oh ok i got all nine pineapple blocks done i just need rejust some of them later when i get back from going out to dinner tonite im not cooking tonite heck with that cooking right now.

I guess everyone is busy sewing up a storm right now nobody has said anything in couple of hrs. BBL

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Ya'll must be really busy!! Both my sons stopped by to drop off little Ryan..his mom isn't home from shopping yet and they are going to fish all night. One took off the fan blades and the other washed them...it's BEAUTIFUL now!!! All clean!! Whooo Hoooo!

Rosie, do you have any idea when you will know the results of your biopsy?? Prayers for you!!! That tuna salad sure sounds good!!!

Sarah, those pineapple blocks are gorgeous!!

Irishgram, blueberry muffins are awesome...I need to bake!

BBL
Joanne:0)

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey everyone. Hope yall are having a great day so far. Sounds like Joanne has a nice clean house. Want to come tie into mine? LOL

I have a bag packed & the puppers & I are going out to the Rig to stay the night. Will have my computer but no sewing machine. That is okay. I will be back tomorrow sometime. Neighbors behind me are having a family reunion at their house this weekend. It is a gorgeous day to be outside in their backyard. Man they have their grill all loaded and going. Sure smells yummy. BUT....they have had Rap music blaring all afternoon!!! Last year, this went on way into the night & I thought I would lose my mind. Our bedroom & the sewing room is at the back of our house so yes I hear it loud & clear but I don't enjoy it at all. Sooo I will just get out of here. Will probably check in later. Have a great evening,

Hugs & Love

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:24 pm

I love to visit with Aunt Martha although today she gave me a gentle wave of the hand to go home after I had been there a while. She is 92, hearing aide isn't working too well. Won't use the hearing head set they gave her. She said that thing cost $150 what is wrong with them. I tried to explain they are donated but she had me put it in a box so the sister's could take it away. She seems to be getting weaker each saturday but he memory is as sharp as a tack. Still tried to convince me she is not allowed to sit in her lounge chair even though she knows they have a lift. She said, the nurse didn'tgive up an order to get you up. Then she insisted gently that my sister got her tan in Aruba but won't admit she went. Anyway, I love to visit her. Dang 92 years old and she remembers more than I ever knew. Cinnamon flop cake is a really simple 8 inch cake that came from a book grammiequilts sent me. Yummy

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Kathy, is Bill still turning away from you? I haven't seen the news today. Will you be able to evacuate if need be?

Joanne, glad you are through cleaning your 'stuff'. You're a better woman than I - I never take the blades off to clean the ceiling fan.
Oops, I just read that your nice sons got your ceiling fan done for you. Can you sew now?

Rosie - I'm so sorry you are hurting. Y'all lead as exciting lives as we so. Today we went to eat at a BBQ place, went to Petsmart to get Schatzi a new tag, and to Hobby Lobby so DH could get his new LED Christmas lights for outside the house. Then we came home and took a little nap. I don't know if I can stand all the excitement!!!

Cathy - the reunion behind you didn't sound too bad until you threw the rap music into the mix. UGH! I don't blame you for going to the rig. Tell your DH "hi".

Well, I was hearing thunder a few minutes ago and started doing my rain dance like crazy - so far no rain. And I don't hear the thunder any more - DANG! Well, I'm headed back to my sewing room to make the blocks to send off to Vicky. Talk to y'all later.

Sarah - what are you having for dinner? Hope it's good.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Chrissy - if that flop cake is real easy, would you pls. post the recipe? Your aunt sounds like she was a character back in the day.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 pm

It is evening now. I can no longer hear the ocean, Bill must be going to New England.

Joanne....you are a woman on a cleaning mission!!..Glad your sons stopped by to help.:))))))))

Cathy....Too bad about the noisy neighbors/good thing you can pick up and go!.I like that idea. I wish I could do the for the smoke pit they burn next door.

Chrissy...sorry to hear about your Aunt.

I think I will go shower, then start the hand sewing of the binding on my table runner.. I think I will treat myself to a little watermelon tonight.

BBL.......Kathy

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Just getting ready to leave. I am not going to take my computer I decided, so yall be good & I may see you tomorrow evening. Have a great Sunday!

Hugs & Love

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:14 pm

well I was in my sewing room most of the day.. got my project blocks done and another block done.. then cut out one of the 4 barn blocks I need to catch up on... this barn block calls for fusible and something else I don't have... but I can get others done tomorrow...

I would have gotten more done but DH said those little words... Hon, could you come here and help me for a minute.... a minute turns into an hour... I hate it when they ask for help and aren't at the stage where they need your help yet... so you have to wait... grrrr..

The bbq has been lit and the taters are in the convection oven... I am considering making a salad...

you all sound busy... hope your day was fun...
ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Cindy went to rubey tues we had bacon cheese buger and sald too it was good.

It been raining for two hr now. I think bill is here. How are u making out Kathy ?

i need to get these blocks done. my tummy is hurting now. BBL

Return to “Sew ins”