Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 am

Cindy the Word of the time was "Normal". Being raised in Michigan I was nutty enough to go SEE. A state trooper even stopped us and asked "Why?" we told him we were from Detroit and He just shook his head....walked away muttering something about....yankees under his breath.BBL

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:19 am

I just posted pics of budspud at dinner time check him out lol.

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:21 am

CArin i had that bug you are talking about my head did not hurt. My tummy was upset felt like i was gone to up chuck it i did not. I know i had to run to the ladies room a lot that stuff is hard to get reaid off.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:49 am

0930 and my icky jobs are DONE...YAY! Bathroom cleaned, at least given a couple good licks and a promise, and I slapped another coat of UV treatment on the steps for the new house. When DH gets home, we can flip them over to treat the other side. Then they can be taken out to the new place and set in front of the sliding door so I'm not close to breaking my neck, climbing up on a wooden crate to get in and out!

It was raining when I took Roxy out, so we didn't go to the lake, but we took a good long spin around a park...DD#2 came with, but insisted on bringing her umbrella. So we got our exercise this morning. She is becoming more and more well-behaved on the leash; I can now "heel" her and she stays right by me, no tugging. I've noticed she even walks right by me around the house sometimes...she knows who her Mommy is :-) I gotta say it's kinda fun having someone around I can talk all mooshy to...the girls roll their eyes if I talk silly to them, but the dog just eats it up. One of her favorite things is to stand in front of me, plant the top of her head right between my boobs, and have her neck rubbed...while I talk mooshy, of course!

Speaking of dogs, San Diego may soon be the home of the Guinness Book's 'tallest dog in the world' title. Titus is a Great Dane who measures almost 43 and a half inches at the shoulder. There will be an official measuring today; I'll have to check the local news tomorrow morning to see if he wins the title.

I am beginning to sag a bit, having been up for almost 7 hours already. Think I'll go stretch out in front of the telly for a bit, maybe watch a movie...? Or maybe go have more coffee...? I'm kinda too tired to sew, even! I have laundry to fold, if I can get myself motivated. At least I can do that sitting down and it doesn't require I be terribly alert to get it done...

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 am

Good afternoon from slightly overcast, warm SW. Pa....The sun was out a minute ago and it best come out again....I have clothes on the line and I don't mind if it rains, after the clothes are dry.....

DH is mowing the grass, almost finished...He had to try out those new golf shoes while cutting....(He knows, Ted is so jealous)

In between loads of laundry, I had to go see one of the grandsons...He's leaving for Penn State, main campus...My DD has 1 more to ship off to school (another day or so) and then the house will be empty...We had to laugh, they lived in a nice 2 bedroom ranch from the time the kids were born up until about 4 years ago...Then they moved into a 4 bedroom, 2 story house and the kids started going off to college....So, now it will be DH and hubby in this big house....Kind of did things backwards but she loves the house and there's always room for when they come back home....

I made blueberry muffins and had stew in the slow cooker so you know what I'm having for lunch....I have a feeling I'm not going to get to the sewing room today....Too much needs done inside and out....

We don't plant a big garden but I do so envy all you who are canning...It's a special treat in the winter....All I can is my green tomato relish. Our tomatoes are almost finished and I did put word out that I need green ones....We were told, with the blight this year, we can't plant tomatoes in the same place for a couple of years...They said, it's like the potato blight that hit Ireland....

Well, lunch is over, clothes are calling....
Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, everyone....

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:41 am

Sandy, what a blessing... glad she came home, she may be on line and heard the comment you made the other day about her being hamburger if she didn't show up soon...lol.. probably scared her into coming home....

Q7... your cake sounds wonderful... happy b-day to your mom.... the skies are clouding up here too.. it is overcase... I have been begging the east coast gals to send us some rain... looks like they are trying....

Roben... I still haven't found pineapple sage around here... either it's out of season or it's too hot to grow it here.. it sure is pretty.

Cindy, enjoy your sewing day.

Kathy, glad the doors are done

Cathy, I am doing my project blocks too... just looking for fabric...one down one to go.

Cynthia...the Wisc thing sounds fun... we have one in Calif in October... I hope I get to go...

Joanne, hope you get done cleaning sometime soon....

Sarah, I will go look at your pictures.

Grammie and Maw... have a fun day

I am on my way to the sewing room... woo hoo

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:47 am

Well, it's break time. I've been ironing 12 yds. of fabric and cutting out the body of pillowcases. I'm almost done. I've been standing a lot so my heel spur is killing me. I ordered a brace to wear at night that is suppose to help it. It just came a few minutes ago so tonight I will wear it - I hope it helps.

Quiltnewby05 - your Saturday night at the LQS sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have to bring your own machine? I'm not sure I could sew and chat at the same time. I'm a real dufus so I have to pay attention to what I'm doing or I make too many mistakes.

Joanne - you're gonna feel so GOOD when all that cleaning is done.

Carin - hope you feel better soon.

Grammiequilts - LOL at the state trooper shaking his head at you. These days we have evacuation routes and that freeway that goes over the bay onto the island it all one way heading north out of Galveston, even the south bound lanes are changed over to north bound. That makes it impossible for anyone to go to the island when a hurricane is bearing down.

Irishgram - I hope your clothes get dry before it rains on them. I remember as a kid having to run out to the back yard and get the clothes off the line quickly because it was sprinkling. What I remember most is that we could NOT leave the clothes pins on the line. We had to put them in the clothes pin bag. Boy, did I resent that - all the neighbor kids left their clothes pins on the line.

Chriss, enjoy the time you are spending sewing this afternoon.

Sarah, I'm going to look at your pix.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 am

HI!!!

Been to the ocean, OMG, the waves are huge. The seem to go on as far as the eye can see. And the noise is deafening. That is why I can hear it on the 1st floor with the radio and the out side noise.
The beach is taking a beating. Besides a good breeze that is all Bill is doing. The sun is out here.

Roben...that sage is huge. What are you using it for??

Carin...sorry to hear you have 'tummy' issues. Take it easy..OK.

BBL....Kathy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:43 am

Hi all! I THINK I have all the shelves and "stuff" clean! Whew! Now, if one of those tall boys I have will stop by, I'll have them unscrew the blades from the ceiling fan so I can clean them...but only my sons can do that, since they love their mother no matter how dirty my house is! LOL!

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:52 am

JHappy Saturday Everyone!

Dh took me to a late breakfast, then to Wallyworld and Lowe's. We lead such exciting lives.
Planned to do "uglies" today but, since I was told not to lift anything over a pound and both locations hurt like the devil now that the drugs have worn off, I guess I'll have to sew. Oh hecky durn. I am boiling eggs so I can make tuna salad for my lunch next week.
If I try to respond to all the posts, I'll skip someone and hurt someone's feelings. I just hope everyone with the crud feels better, that those of you doing uglies get finished soon and that everyone gets to spend at least a little time sewing.

Rosie

Return to “Sew ins”