Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Daily discussions.
SewSew

Re: Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Post by SewSew » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 am

Good morning!

DH and DD are still in bed and it is almost 8:00 am.

I love Saturday mornings when I can sit at the computer and check in on my friends without interruptions.

We had some lovely rain last night, but you wouldn't know it if you hadn't heard it. This morning the ground is damp and the deck is still a bit wet but everything else (street, sidewalk) is as dry as an old bone. The temps will be up in the three digits again so it will all dry up very soon. We have not had a rain storm like last nights in so very, very long that it was quite exciting to lay in the bed and listen to it.

I will be working on my tutorial for the scrap quilt I posted in the photo section. I am flattered by all the attention that it has gotten, something I never thought would have happened.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Ann

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:58 am

Chrissy, what is a Flop Cake?

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:18 am

Morning, Morning Glorys are bloomed all over this morning. I have 4 different colors of them in the flower garden. They are just beautiful. Also have 5 cherry tomato plants and have started getting tomatoes off of them. Love this time of year. Last saturday I froze 253 ears of corn. Am waiting on my regular tomatoes to start turning (we planted them late) so I can can a few of those.

So today I am going to start a new quilt. I have taken all of mom and dads old clothes that I hung onto for all these years and cut them into 6 1/2" squares so that I can make me a quilt.

Well going to set up the sewing machine and see what I can get into today.

Have a wonderful day.

Vivian1970

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:28 am

Good Morning Gals!! RISE & SHINE!! It's a beautiful day in Minnesota!!

Finally seeing the sun after a couple cloudy days! I have a long long list of "uglies" to do this weekend. I don't spend much time on house chores during the week, and it really shows! With all the rain the last couple days my lawn is in need of a good mowing and of course there's the usual laundry and cleaning to do. One of my fun projects this weekend is to reorganize my fabric stash and make room for some more---was a bad bad girl the other night and ordered some gorgeous BLUE from QIAD!! What was I thinking!!!

My DIL left me a message yesterday asking if I could make a quilt for her sister who just got engaged and will be getting married in October--THIS OCTOBER!!! I'm so excited!! Will have to call her back today and see what colors she'd like as I probably have enough in my stash to whip up something quick!! HHHMMM.. what pattern????? Maybe I'll try El's Lover's Knot or Orions Star!!! AND if I don't have the right colors--would be a good excuse for a trip to the fabric store!!

Well, my coffee is kicking in so I better take advantage of the "rush" and get to work! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Marymargaret

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:35 am

Good morning.... Happy Saturday

Bev, I love your graphics each morning... it brightens my day

Ann... I am glad you are making a tutorial... I love the pattern...it is very cool.

Chrissy... enjoy your visit with Aunt Martha.

Judi, I have a ton of ufo's... if you're tired of doing yours you could come help with mine????

Dorothy, wish you could send that rain this way... with the fires in this state the air is so ugly... the rain would wash it... It is really something to see the smog, pollution and smoke hang in the air.. you can still see the mountains but they have a haze over them.. then once it rains poof... everything is pretty again.. until the next yo yo head throws his or her cigarette butt out the car window and into the dry grass...grrrrr...

Vicky... can you stay someplace else while the mold issue is being taken care of? seems like it would help you healthwise.... I will try to get a block or two sent to you but no promises... I have a few others that I need catching up on... but you are on my list... Please take care of your health... do whatever you need to do because those kids and grandkids need you...

Kathy, those doors will be beautiful...

Mary.. I so agree with you.. there just isn't enough time.. I don't know how moms with kids do it all... seems now that I like to sew I only have time for that and the dishes...lol... I could use one 24 hour day with no sleep needed to get caught up... but then I would just get behind again.. is a vicious circle...lol..

Carole, sounds like you are having a lot of fun... hope the weather is nice there... we haven't had a house update in a while, how is that going?

Suzette... how fun, a new computer...enjoy it...

Hey Lois... I have sun and you have rain.... trade ya'.....

Vivian... what state do you live in? our tomatoes are just slowing down... we get two or three at a time now where we used to get a ton each day... my granddaughter is 14 months and she goes out and picks the cherry tomatoes and eats them right off the vine.. soo funny to watch... your quilt sounds really cool... I am sure it will be beautiful and what a perfect way to make a memory...

MaryMargaret... a quilt in a month??? wow you are brave.... I am sure it will be beautiful... I ordered some stuff from the Paducah QIAD store...they have different sales than they do in Calif....

My plan is to unload and reload the dishwasher then go hide in my sewing room... I have laundry going and will do that while sewing.. I really need to get caught up so I don't seem like a deadbeat who doesn't finish what she promises....

you all have a super day...
Chriss
Psalm 91

kho

Post by kho » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:42 am

Good morning!! What a glory to God day we are having and a thank you for all the prayers. DGD was on my lap and DS2 looked out the window behind the chair we were sitting in. Guess what he saw?? Yup, he was going what?? that onery old, that has to be Sage, Who is that I am looking at?? DH and I both get up and look and we come out to the family room -open the window and this head pops up-(I don't have my contacts in)DH says yuup, I've seen a lot of that look lately- and guess what-the cow is home-and in with the rest of them!LOL How sweet is that!!!

I have fresh peaches so I am making jam and maybe pies and maybe canning some later after DGD goes to sleep or home. LOL
Sandy, off to put her contacts in and check on the barn kitten.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 am

I think I am hearing thunder this morning. The storm CaroleJ talked about has been hovering since yesterday. I don't think it rained here, but I wish it would. Now, how do I do a rain dance again? lol

I am machine quilting and marking a quilt unless something interupts me. Laundry will be one of the things that interrrupts me so will exercise. I also will be baking a cake for my Mom's Birthday celebration tomorrow. She turned 92 on the 19th. She really likes pineapple so I am going to make a Pineapple Chiffon and use a pineapple filling and pineapple buttercream frosting.

There are a few that are working today and I hope you have a good day at work and come home to sew and talk to us.

For those of you doing chores, I hope your list of chores is short and speedily finished. Come back and sew and talk some more.

Have a great day everyone!!
Carol

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:09 am

I just read my e-mails after posting here and thee is a really good article on color that you may find interesting. http://www.how-to-quilt.com:80/articles ... -wheel.php

Roben

Post by Roben » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 am

Good morning Everyone!

Between going back to work and taking on more teaching responsibilities at my local shop, I've tried to read every day but haven't posted much. This morning its helping DD move and getting her car fixed, so another busy day.

Remember a couple of months ago when we were talking about Pineapple Sage? Here is a pic of mine this morning - that truck is a full size Ford to give you an idea of scale. It's spilled over the front walk, so every time you walk by you end up brushing up against it and smelling pineapple :-) It is the one in the middle (Lemon Verbana to the left and Stevia to the right.)

[/img]

Have a great day everyone - BBL!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:27 am

Luv_2 - pretty graphic this morning. Thanks. When I saw it I immediately thought of the fabric in my Natural Splendor quilt. Have fun with your grands and kids today.

Lois - enjoy your lazy day.

Suzette - Skip the cleaning part and just sew - that sounds better - LOL.

CaroleJ - enjoy your walk with Roxie. Lake Miramar sounds like a great place to walk.

Rosebud3 - May your day at work speed by with no bumps.

Gosh, Kathy, how big is the floor you will be sanding? You are a go-getter. No way would I tackle that. I guess you finished the door?

Vicky - how long do they think Lydia will be in a wheel chair? Every time I see someone mowing I'm going to think of her.

Dorothy - have fun sewing. I wish I could say we are having storms today.

Grammiequilts - when a hurricane is coming, most normal people head AWAY from the Gulf - LOL.

Chrissy - take good advantage of your "me" day.

DewDew - I'm SO glad y'all got rain last night. Lots of storms around here last night, too, all around us but when the rain gets to my house the clouds part like the Red Sea and we don't get a drop.
We were standing outside and there was literally very dark rolling skies and lightening on all side of us and we thougth surely we would get some rain - but no. It is a little cooler and less humid this morning. I had to go outside and stand in air that has no water in it - LOL. I will watch your turotial, can't wait to watch it. I just can't let myself give in and make one of those quilts right now.

Vivian - what a great project you are starting today. My parents have beed deceased since the early 70's and I don't think I would want to make a quilt from their clothing - it was ALL polyester....remember leisure suits?? LOL

Maryq - OCTOBER????? Man, you must work fast. How do you do it and work full time? Let us know what pattern you choose and the colors, too.

Chriss - your day sounds like a plan to me. A good one. Especially the sewing part.

I stopped by the computer just to say "HI" to y'all. Now I'm going to my sewing room. Wishing you all a great day. BBL

Return to “Sew ins”