Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Daily discussions.
luv_2quilt60

Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:31 am

Hope u all have a nice day! we are going to visit our GK's DD and SIL....U all have a great day!

fabricgirl

Re: Good Morning Sat the 22nd of August

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 am

Goodmorning Everyone

Today will be a great day to stay in doors it's raining and just maybe by the afternoon I hope the sun comes out but for the time being I am going to have a very lazy day .

Lois BBL

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:07 am

Good morning everyone. We got the rain last night. So hopefully today will be nice. In a little while we are going to BJs and then home to clean and sew. We got a new computer and I finally got it set up. Yeahhhh. Have a nice day everyone.

Suzette58
Suzette

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:15 am

Greetings all, from the Left Coast of the US...

I have been awake since 0300...did the 'chicken on the spit' routine, trying to get back to sleep (rolling over again and again). Finally got tired of listening to DH snoring...the dog snoring...my mom snoring...oh well!

So here I am with a cuppa joe, grateful I am not working today. I can grab a cat nap if I need to. Got messy tasks to do today, cleaning the bathroom and putting UV treatment on a set of steps. No sense in taking a shower until after those are done. Once the sun comes up (in about two hours), I can walk Roxy, then come home and jump in to the grungy jobs.

Roxy and I are loving Lake Miramar. It is so beautiful there! There is a paved road all the way around the lake, and mileage markers so you know how far you have gone. We have been going out either to the 3/4 mile or the one mile marker before turning around and heading back (the entire loop is 5 miles). There is also a path down through the brush that Roxy loves...it is a sniff-fest! The other day she found a patch of what looked and smelled like wild anise (smells like black licorice) and did a 'stop, drop, and roll'. Who knew doggies like to roll around in stuff that actually smells GOOD to us?! LOL

We got some rain yesterday, with some lightning. It POURED at one point, for about 20 minutes straight. We needed it around here; hope it rained some out in Ramona as well!

Gack, I should make a To Do list for the day and I am just NOT feeling the drive this morning! Maybe I'll plug in the headphones, cue up some music, and stuff some of my fruits and veggies?

Hope everyone has a great day!!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:26 am

Good Morning girls. I haven't been talking much lately. There have been a lot of computer problems and I have been trying to get them fixied. Between that and working everyday there hasn't been much time to just sit back and enjoy talking with you.

Today is another work day for me. Everyone seems to be having fun and enjoying some peace for a while. I just finished my first cup of coffee and time to get in the shower. Hopefully I will be able to get back on later today after I get home from work.

God bless each of you.

Mary

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:31 am

Good Morning!!

I am feeling ready to go today. After this I will start sanding the door then poly. Last night I did not sew together my runner. The humidity plus the 3 100W light bulbs shining down was to uncomfortable. So I can not wait to start working on it. It could be finished to night!

I can hear the ocean..it is really churning. I want to go down to see it. After the door. It is very humid...they say thunder storms. They say that all the time and it never happens.

luv_2...Beautiful art work today...I love butterflies. Do you have any ice bergs?? Have a great day with your GBs.

Lois...Have a good rainy day...the sun just came out!! What are you going to work on?

Later, later...Kathy

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 am

My schedule is all off with my husband being home the last two days. The room is coming along very nicely but I'm getting sicker and sicker. I'm suppose to go for Jury duty on Monday but I doubt that's happening. I woke up at 1 and coughed for over an hour. I decided the girls can clean grandma's themselves today. The garden has eggplants ready to eat, beans and cauliflower to be picked and froze. I don't feel like doing it but it has to be done.

I wonder how this is going to be next week when painting is going on?

Anyway no sewing today. I have a quick project I really want to get done in the next two weeks. A quilt for Lydia my friend that lost her toes. I did post in Projects from the Heart if anyone is interested. I'm going to tie this quilt right in the middle of the squares. It can be a throw for her to use in her wheel chair.

Have a great day,
Vicky

macdor

Post by macdor » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:52 am

Morning all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is up and at it for a Sat. morning. CaroleJ is sounds like we were in the same house. I woke at 4:30 and tossed and turned till around 5 got up and make coffee.

luv_2quilt60 - love you good morning today. Have a great day.

KATHYSQUILTS - Hope the end will come with the door soon. They are tell anyone that goes to the beach today to stay out of the water. Hope people take there words.

rosebud3 - I'm sorry you have to work today. Hope the day goes fast.

suzette58 - Have fun at BJ's.

fabricgirl - Hope you do get some sun today.

We are in for another round of storm today so will not do any wash. Need to do some house work, then hope to get a little sewing in.

Everyone have a safe and great day where every the day takes you.

DorothyM

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:39 am

Morning everyone. I am jealous of those of you who live by the ocean. I love to listen to the waves. I was living near a hurricane in Houston 40 plus years ago and drove to Galveston to see what a Hurricane looked like,(It had just entered the Gulf) I can still remember the waves coming over the seawall. Awesome. But stay safe those of you near the coast. It is rainy and warm here in Mi. I may start a new project today. I am tired of doing UFOs for now. I need to do ironing and wash today. If it gets nice out, I would like to hang the sheets out if nothing else. Well DH is wanting some breakfast. BBL

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:52 am

Good morning everyone. Off to see Aunt Martha, then a little shopping and home to sew (I hope) hubby and the kids are all at camp and that SHOULD mean later I have sewing time. grammiequilts, you should have made the Flop cake last night when I was making mine and hubby would be able to just cut himself a slice for breakfast. It is yummmmmyyyyyyyy.
Have a wonderful and safe day everyone.

Return to “Sew ins”