Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Thursday

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Happy Thursday

Post by cindyg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:29 am

Misssharna - post a pic of your quilt. We'd love to see it. I've only been to NYC once to sing at Carnaige Hall. I hated it - way too much chatter and clatter and crowds for this girl. As we were standing outside our hotel waiting for our bus to take us to the airport we saw a man get mugged right there on the sidewald in front of us not 8 ft. away. And it was done and over with and the mugger was gone in 3 seconds disappearing into the crowd. Some people love NYC - if you are one of them I hope you had a good time on your visit there. The best part of my visit was seeing the Statue of Liberty up close and personal (they were doing construction on it) and going to Ellis Island.

Cathy - raccoons are mean and they have big claws - LOL. That poor Chow - was he hurt badly. Tell me again when your DH's heart scan is. Is your sewing going any better today?

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 am

He can't get in for that Scan until Oct. 26th!!! We were shocked. They are running a special and I guess they are booked to the brim. But it is good that they got the word out & so many people are taking advantage of it. I think you can get the Heart Scan for a limited time for $50.00. That is a good deal! Especially to get people in,to find out if they have any blockage or not. We would not have known about it if he had not called. Thanks for asking.

Hugs

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:53 am

We went to NYC once & too many people for me too. LOL Houston is too congested for me. LOL Traffic scares me. LOL I guess you just have to get used to it. The traffic here is nothing compared to Houston and other large City's.

Okay got to hit the sewing again. LOL
Hugs

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:12 am

WEll I have been busy with other things i cut out five white blocks that how far i got. Then DH call me said the car will not start then i had to call my next door she went were DH is and he said will i dont have jummping cables i said where are they he said in the sheld i said will good place for them then i said why did u have them in the car he goes will none in the truck i said well u dont take the truck far away. What a dumb azz now. Dang i can tell you this much what day is gone to be now. Good thing he was not far from home. Maybe he will think to have them in case he on the road and someone can give him a jump. I think it is the batter went bad. Sarah

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Cathy - all the freeway traffic is the reason I only go downtown 3 days a year - when the quilt show is going on.

Sarah - Sorry about the battery. That was something you didn't plan on today, I'll bet.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Sounds like my kind of days are rubbing off onto Sarah. LOL Sorry Girlfriend~! You need to go lock yourself in your sewing room and tell him to leave you alone since he disrupted your day. LOL Some days they can be like little children. LOL Such fun! LOL

Well I have still been battling the machine. I think I have figured it out. It does not like the bobbins to be wound on my Sidewinder. Strange all of a sudden. Or maybe it is the thread I am winding. Essential. It runs fine if I wind the bobbins on my machine. Wind them on my sidewinder & it starts causing rats nests. And it only does this with Essential thread. Oh great since I have a butt load of it. LOL Guess I'll just use my machine to wind the bobbins. Simple. I really do like this thread. Life is never simple is it? LOL

I hope all of you have had a great afternoon. AND will have a wonderful evening. I am going to sew to make up for lost time playing with the bobbins this afternoon. LOL YIPPEE! Going now for a Taco run. See yall later.

Hugs & Love

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi again! It's almost the dog's dinner time and I've got just 10 min before that magical moment. I see we're still talking racoons and NYC. Yes, they are cute, but it only takes a moment for a 'coon to do $300 worth of damage to a sheltie. Talk to Snickers about that.

I went to NYC in 1990 with DD#2's class trip. We were there for 4 days and I loved seeing all the sights, but found some of the inhabitants a little less than polite. I was scurrying across a street WITH the pedestrian light, and my boot slipped and I fell, doing a rather impressive splits. My arms were full of packages and my friend was trying hard to haul me up. And the cars who were trying to turn right - against the red light - kept honking at us to get out of their way! And the very expensive hotel room was filthy. We found 5 empty booze bottles under the bed and they would only give us one washcloth and two towels for four people. These are only two of several incidents of this ilk during those 4 days. I'll take my little home town (or anyone else's for that matter!) over NYC any day. My grandmother was born and raised in NYC, so I feel like I really dodged one there!

Missharna, when your friend comes to sew, do you set your machines side by side and sew, or does one cut and one sew? How does it work? The way I go about sewing, there's no room for anyone else. Fabric is flying over two whole rooms, and sometimes the dining room, and even our bedroom at times!

Irishgram, I love your hilarious visual - the head cow planning the escape! We had cows growing up and I swear you are right!

Sarah, I'm sorry I was laughing reading about your DH and his battery. But I've said it before and it bears repeating - even by me. They are only men. They're not like other people.

well, my 10 min are up and Mr. Dog is doing is dinner dance, so I better get busy pouring out the kibble!

Happy Evening, Girlfriends! And Rick if you're lurking! mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Another Break.....I have a good union. I finished one block and will cut out another, I think after that I will straighten out the sewing room. We had a little rain and back to hot and muggy. I was hoping for a little cool down. I don't want to see my electric bill for this AC running as much as it is, BBL

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Project Runway is about to start here....I posted on ChitChat about it. Gotta go and watch the drama and see the NYC fabric stores.
Cyber-Sue Oh it is on Lifetime this season.

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I have had a horrible day. I still feel like I was run over by a truck.
My number 2 daughter didn't end up going to the pool with us today but I took the girls. I got back and just died on the couch. Shannon called me later and said mom you need to get out of that house, come up, but I just couldn't drive over there. So I stayed then DH in the middle of a project needed someone to run to Lowe's for some special nail thingys. I could go or get would have to stop so I went. He knows I don't feel well, but I felt the sooner this room is done the sooner I'll feel better.
I started a Jane Austin book so I guess I'll go and get into that and try and get my mind off myself.

Vicky

Return to “Sew ins”