Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Thursday

Daily discussions.
kho

Happy Thursday

Post by kho » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:29 pm

As you can tell I am up late. I have been sitting in the car watching the road, hoping that cow comes home.She did come home the first night and ate-darn thing didn't close the gate after her so she left.We have had 2 sightings of her today. I am now going to bed. I donot have DGD today and hope to sew.I also have uglies to do.I hope all of you have a good day. If you do not have El's Grandmother's Garden book- you should consider it. The quilts are lovely and so many possibilities. Sandy, hoping to start and finish that one real soon. LOL

Maryq-Are you ok?? I heard there was a tornado near you.

GP-If you are here- Hi!! It's good to see your posts again.

Grammaof12-How are you?? I didn't get scared off-I just haven't seen them yet. LOL

fabricgirl

Re: Happy Thursday

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Goodmorning Everyone

It's 5:00 and Im up getting ready for work I have my coffee and I will be getting up from my computer but when I come home I will finish my wash and maybe get some sewing done .

Hope everyone Has a Great day.

Lois BBL

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Sure hope your cow comes hope soon. You can't keep losing sleep over this. Hope you get some sewing in. Unfortunately I have to go to work and my coffee is ready for me now.
Have a great day
Dolores

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:49 am

Well the remodel has caught up with me. I am very sensitive to molds and dust and everything else! I have a sinus infection, sore throat and my Fibromylgia is REALLY bad this morning, can hardly move. We do have our last pool day today and my second daughter was to go with us so I hope I can start moving soon! I do really want to be out of the house when he is working.

Time for a VERY HOT shower.

I got the birthday block done yesterday! In fact I made her two because the group is falling apart and not everyone is sending in their blocks. I made a basketweave and then a 9 patch with a floral center patch and cream and purple outside blocks. They were nice.

Have a good day!
Vicky

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:04 am

Hello ...
HOT here...going to mow..I will be sweaty...lol..but, someone has to do it!...have finished a few BOM.s..going to clean some and try to sew later...hugs Bev

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 am

Up early this morning. Baby Tate is coming today around dinner time with Cris and Michael. I am sooooooo excited to see him. The rest of the family are coming for dinner also. What is the birthday block. Maybe it is something I can help with???? I am going to look for the Grandmother's Garden book, sounds like somethingI "need." Still need to get going on a pillow case or two. Now that Terrie will be having two more surgeries in the next few months, and I think that after the last quilt I gave her she is probably set for a while, I thought maybe a pillow case or two to rest her sweet head on. I don't think I will ever have the skill SharonG in Fla does but I am going to give it a try (someday)
I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful day. Seems like the weather is kind of crazy most everywhere so travel safely.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:31 am

Morning, It looks rainy and stormy. I have to go out in the yard today the raccoon took out the trash for me. But he took it all over the driveway, I went out there last night and ran him off once but he came back. Living next to a park and lots of woods is wonderful but you have to share your space with the critters. Funny is that there is no food in the can, I even rinse the can on trash day. I think DH might have thrown something away like a bag from something, they have great noses, We usually don't have them up to the garage, they stay down by the river,

I hope to start cleaning the kitchen today. Didn't get done yesterday. I have a lot of cabnets and 3 shelves to clean. So it takes a few days. I am still on course to finish blocks by tomorrow. and get them in the mail. BBL

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:44 am

Good morning, ya'll! Sandy, I hope your cow comes home from her adventures soon! Yes, the Grandmother's Garden book is a really good one! I've only made a couple of the applique blocks from it myself, but this summer I've been quilting a Grandmother's Garden quilt for my friend from that book and hers is beautiful! It's been sitting here waiting on the binding for weeks, boy this summer has passed quickly!

Well, after my apron disaster, I want to thank everyone who reminded me of the wonderful apron pattern in the Egg Money Quilts book! Now, that's more like it! Thank you so much! I'm going to straighten up my sewing room today enough to where I can get back in there and dive into the new apron! LOL! I certainly don't mind working in a "creative clutter"...LOL!, how do you like the way I skirted around that one?!, but I like to start a new project with things organized. Anyway, hope ya'll have a wonderful day and stay cool! Toodles......

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:50 am

wow, lots of you are up early today... I am fashionably late again...lol

Sandy, I sure hope that cow comes home soon...

Lois and Dolores, enjoy your work day..

Vicky, hope your remodel is over soon.

Bev, Are you doing the barn BOM? hope you posted your blocks.

Chrissy.. the B-day block is in the swap section... give that Tate a gentle squeeze for me...

Grammie, wow raccoons in the trash and the ground hogs in the garden...what next?

I am off to work... have to make lunch first... hope you all have a super day

Chriss

GP... hope the apron comes out..

Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:26 am

YEAH IT"S THURSDAY!!! That means that tomorrow is Friday and the end of the work week! Can you tell I'm looking forward to the weekend!

KHO... the tornados missed me... they were further south of Minneapolis. We just got a LOT of rain. It's dark and cloudy here this morning and will probably get more today. Just hope it's nice and sunny this weekend! Hope your cows come home safe and sound!

Vicky... sorry to hear you are in such pain! I've heard Fibro can be nasty! My sis has it too.

Bev--I love to mow.... want some help? Oh wait... I have a lawn to mow too! On my TO DO list this weekend!

well, guess I better get butt in gear and get ready for work!

Have a great day everybody!
Marymargaret

Return to “Sew ins”