Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday -- August 19th

Daily discussions.
swtsarahjane

Re: Happy Wednesday -- August 19th

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 pm

DorothyM You will love both books i have them both. I have made the summer porch quilt and i want to make the fall one i sure i did half of that one too.

Cathy you had something in ur head when you was cutting out then top it off the phone does not help either when u get done talking and go back to what u was doing before the dang old ring.

Budspud is sitting on my sewing table and looking at me like you think u gone to work here i dont think so. lol I got news for him he got go lay down somewhere else.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Afternoon..... there are 40 posts so far and I was thinking that I would just read and make comments instead of responding to each one... then I started my comments and had to flip back to remind my self who said the brilliant thing I was going to comment on... and since there are so many brilliant things being said in the sewin I thought I would start over... so here goes...lol

GP. everytime you come up with something else I always am reminded of your turkey in the garage making you fall on your tush... Only Lucille Ball could top that one...lol

Maryq... I didn't play hookie, I went to work like a good girl... it is hard for me to lie...and make someone else pick up my slack when I am not there....

Joanne is back!!! Joanne is back!!!! glad your show went well... I love coleslaw

Vicky, did Tia get going on her quilt... ?

Grammie, I have sewn blocks backwards over and over again before... some days you just need to walk away...lol...Did you notice that Joanne only has been back a short time and she's already talking about watching the garbage man again....lol...

Cindyg... all I do is cook tha macaroni and then I put a little milk and some velveta in a pan to melt the "processed cheese product" and maybe add some cheddar or pepper jack then mix it up.... do you have a better recipe.?

Carolyn, hope you enjoy being back in school... today was Marilyn's first day too... I sure wish they had a phone so I could find out how it went...

Carole, I am excited about seeing your fruit and veggies.

Maryz.. I pm'd youfor your mac&cheese recipe...

Q7.. what kind of an apron do us unendowed gals use? or could we use the top part as a hand muff? lol....

My gosh Brenda.. 3rd grade.. I sure hope she enjoys school

QN... hope your day cooled off.

Jana, hope you had a fun quiet day.... I would like an all to my self day....

Sarah.. sorry you are having bad dreams... it seems that if I am going to have a bad dream it always happens by 11pm... it never fails... when it's a scary dream I wake up, look at the clock and it is right around 11.....also, I love KFC too... extra crispy for me....

hey there Caren.. how are you doing?

Lois, hope your day went well

Irishgram... how cool to stumble upon such a deal... I love that DH went to show off his new shoes....and the money you saved for not buying all that stuff should get you some fabric.

Cathy... great job on the mens quilt.. you are really a sweetie for thinking of this project....

SewSew, hope you got lots of sewing done....

Dorothy, I think you made a great choice with the quilt through the seasons book... I have it and know that someday I will make a lot of those projects....

Phew.. that was a lot of posting you all did while I was working..

have a super evening
ttfn
Chriss

Psalm 91

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Peach, where is NM is your mom? I hope she's not here in the Southern part of the state, it's hotter than firecrackers.....
Was 101 today. I'm melting.

Sounds like every one is having fun today.
Has anyone heard from Jameswife? Some one had asked that a few weeks ago and she hasn't been posting for a while?

Jeanne

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Good Evening Everyone!
Lunch a Lawry's was wonderful. I did not have the prime rib, but thoroughly enjoyed the salmon. At the IMAX we saw "Wild Ocean" (of Africa) in 3D. I had not ever seen a movie in 3D before and it was quite an experience. I felt like the dolphins were right in my face. I think I had to move a couple of times to let them swim past me. LOL

Chriss - GP made a perfect pattern for those less endowed. lol At least that is what I read this morning in my sleepiness. The top of the apron on some of the patterns these days are so narrow they would not cover anyone who did not wear a size 4 or less. I made a couple like that last year and gave them to my nieces who are in their late teens. They sure did not fit me!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Well I am back. I cleaned my bedroom, we have a TV room in there and that is where the old living room furniture will go. I got to bedroon #2 and the phone rang, my friend who suffers from bouts of depression asked me to go out for awhile so I went out. They are dear friends of mine and it helps to get out and talk. Then we made dinner here at my house and had a great evening, So tomorrow I will have to wear a bag over my head,,,from too much house work. I was the one who asked about Jameswife, She just quit posting on her blog too. I hope she and her sweet little ones are ok. I looked to see if I had her address but I don't. I wonder if Linda has it and can drop her a line to see if she is ok.

I have 2 more blocks to do. and mail out. So I better get to it.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Wow! So much going on today! Too much to comment on individually, but I read it all! Chriss, I pm'd you my recipe. I spent 2-1/2 hours on my genealogy site this morning and then POOF! lost all my day's work. Well, the work is still there, but I lost the link to my line. Don't know how I did that, but probably forgot to press a SAVE key someplace. Frustration. So I packed it in for the day and moved to the sewing room. I made a pair of Christmas pillowcases and a 12" sq. candle mat. I'll post pictures as I complete more projects. All for my DD#1's annual Holiday Craft Boutique in Nov. She belongs to a group of artisans, but they have no real quilters, so they've asked me to contribute.

Now it's time to go settle down for a bit of news and hand stitching while I wait for DH to come home at 7pm. You all have a nice evening (unless it's over already!) and I'll see you tomorrow! mary z

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Go to the Photos i just posted of four blocks of pineapple blossom.

im sure i can get one more blue and green pineapple or maybe i make something else of the rest of the noodles.

Chriss After getting up first time and going back to bed i thou i would not dream bad stuff its just keep going. The bad part about it is that my dreams come true and that what i hate about.

back to the other three blocks done. BBL

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:24 pm

I was just reading the back posts, Cindy I painted the living room last year but I need to clean the drapes and get all the dust bunnies that are hiding i n there, I have 2 bookcases on either side of the fireplace that need to be cleaned out and dusted, Off the living room is a sunroom that needs to be cleaned when ever the living room gets it, Brenda was talking about fall cleaning,,,too early I think not.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Chriss - I don't have an easier recipe for mac & cheese. I use the Velteeta and Shells in the box. My mom and granny use to cook the macaroni and then layer it in a baking dish with shredded cheddar, a little milk and some butter and then bake it. They didn't like velveeta and we never had it in our house - I don't know why. I only got to have velveeta at the neighbors' houses. I'm wondering if any of our northeastern ladies make mac & cheese like my mom & granny.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Mary, thanks for the recipe... I think before I try it at work I will try it at home.... it's the eggs that threw me... but I am sure it is good...thanks.

Jeanne... I haven't heard from JW in forever...

Grammie, are you sure you don't want to come live with me??? I have dust bunnies too.... lol...congrats on getting most of your blocks done... I am impressed.. I owe the PFTH, 4 barn blocks 12 gingerbread men... and a partridge in a pear treeee...my plan is no grands this weekend and I will get up early and go to bed late and sew like a wild woman...

Sarah, your blocks are beautiful.. the colors you used are perfect you do such nice work... as for the dreams... I wish I could help... hope you go to bed tonight thinking happy thoughts...

Cindy, DH's grandma made her mac&cheese in a casserole too, layered it.. I never learned to make it that way but it seemes like you got hunks of cheese and way too much macaroni...lol... maybe her being elderly and in not good health had something to do with it... I told her how good it was once so every time we went to Illinois she had to make it for me.... I loved that woman....

time to get the coffee ready for tomorrow.. you gals have a good sleep...

And Sarah... God Bless you

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”