Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday -- August 19th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Happy Wednesday -- August 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 am

Hi, everyone!

A lot of you are sure up and doing early today! This thread sounds like a flurry of activity! Good news about Terrie's bx being benign!
Chriss, I have a recipe for mac & cheese in the crockpot that is great for potlucks. No matter how it's fixed, mac & ch is always a favorite. GP, good luck on your apron. I made 3 aprons for my 3 daughters 2 Christmases ago. They can pack more headaches into one little apron pattern than a whole king-sized quilt! Cindy - work, errands, laundry, sewing - you are truly a Super Girl! I have to go rest after just reading about all your activities! Carolyn, what happened to your summer?? Did I miss it? Did you?? Joanne, welcome home! How did the show go?

Supposed to be 90* here today. But just today. Of course, on Friday, the day we leave for 3 days of camping, we're supposed to go cool again! Fall, she is a-comin'! So some of my day will be devoted to packing the trailer.

Yesterday I made a Christmas table runner and 4 dinner napkins to match. I also worked on a 42" sq. wall hanging/table topper/sm quilt. It can be whatever. It now needs hand blanket-stitching around the 5 snowman appliques. That will be good camping work. Not sure what I'll sew today. I like these small projects - they go so fast.

So a happy day wish for everyone today! mary z

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:22 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Sounds like everyone is having a busy day!
GP - There is a very comfortable apron in "Egg Money Quilts" that is fits those of us well endowed. Some of the apron patterns out there are not meant to fit those of us with extra on top. You can also try making the bib larger by moving the pattern piece over off the fold when cutting it out.

I am going with a group to the IMAX theater and lunch. It should be a fun day. I will not be sewing nor cleaning though.

I hope everyone has a great day!

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 am

Good morning. I am working as usual but I did take Becca to her first day back to school. She is in the 3rd grade now. Boy she is growing up fast but she was so excited when I told her I would drive her and take her in to her class. No sewing yet for me because I still have a couple more rooms to clean out in my house but I am making great progess. I guess I am doing my fall cleaning.

Brenda

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:26 am

Good Morning all of you "left coasters"!!! Just checking back in. There's a load of laundry in the washer...straightened up the basement mess...putting away all the Pioneer clothes until next year..

The coleslaw for dinner is made...I did that at 7am...before my eyes were open! Less painful that way. LOL!

Dishes are done, for now but now, here I sit! Missed the garbage man this morning..our garbage was out, but I usually like to watch him pick it up...it's soooo exciting here in the village! LOL!

sewcarolyn, please pardon me, because I'm sure you have told this, but what is your job at school??

Maryz, thanks for the welcome back! I'm telling you, all of you that make stuff from a pattern are really good. I can make anything that has "quilt-type" directions (well, ALMOST anything! lol!), but give me a "sewing" pattern and I'm lost. I think that they are just unnessasarily difficult...LOL!!!

Well, off to do SOMETHING!! BBL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:17 am

Ah ha, Maryq. I knew I'd seen this quilt before but I just couldn't remember what it looked like. That will be pretty - don 't forget to show us pix.

CaroleJ - good for you sewing all day yesterday!!! That laundry isn't going anywhere - it'll still be there when you are ready to do it.

DewDew - you are a very sweet, loving daughter.

Purrfect - I'd love to see pix of your table runner and napkins.

Q7 - Have fun on your outing to IMAX today.

Brenda - good for you doing your fall cleaning. It's just too dang hot here to think about any kind of cleaning. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it! LOL

Joanne - I use to sew clothing and some of it was a bit of a challenge but when I made my first quilt that was the end of my sewing clothes. I don't miss it.

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:25 am

HI...Is this page like "Twittering"? Think so! Well, I don't have a fun day planned yet. Going to get a Mammo/Bone Density test which will take most of my afternoon. I hope to sew on my quilt top tomorrow and Friday! I hope you all have a great day!! Still Hot and Dry in Texas! 1qn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 am

Good morning all - its still morning around this side of the country -Afternoon to everyone else!!

Read through all the posts - glad for all the good news!! For those at work - hope that it is a quick day!!

GP - been there with the apron too - it is still sitting next to the machine - I don't like the way the pattern went together - trying to tweak it to make it look better!!

Well I will have to do some chores around here today. It seems that the laundry fairy came and dropped off a whole bunch of detergent for me yesterday afternoon. I had to order it on line because the wonderful (not) stores don't carry what I use!! At least the UPS guy was cute - he's the laundry fairy!! DH is off to his main office - so I have it very quiet around here today.

I have three projects sitting on the cutting table trying to decide what fabric goes with what - much more fun than chores!! Off to slave away!!

Have a great day
Jana

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:10 am

Good afternoon all well im started out late today. Last nite i did six blocks of the pineapple blossom i was up till 3:30 then when i got to sleep i woke up from a bad dream i have been getting bad dreams for a month now. Then i keep hearing a noise so i went out a check everything and seen that my DD was getting a shower so maybe it was her making noise.

It is dang hottttttttttttt i mean hot it is more hot today then yesterday. i need to get a cup coffee and get my thinking cap on and ge the blocks done BBL Sarah

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:11 am

Okay I don't have a the left coast excuse I just haven't got my tushie in gear this morning.

You all are chatty today!

GP it is so good to see you posting again!

I can't believe its time for the kids to go back to school already, I can't believe Becca is already in the 3rd grade, I can't believe anyone's child could wake up in a cleaning mood (what do you feed her,

I hope all you all that are at work today have a short uneventful day and get to come home soon and play, I hope everyone else has a fantastic day.

I knew there was a reason I had avoided the apron patterns even though I think they are so dang cute.

I need to crack the whip and get these kids picking up the mess they have made already this morning. I have been working on a stitchery and not done anything with my machine.

HUGS to all! Carin

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:32 am

Hi all

well Im home from work and had lunch and now it's time todoa load of wash and start doing some straightening up before I enter the magic room just maybe I will get my blocks done for PFTH .

Well have fun whatever you are doing.
Lois BBL

Return to “Sew ins”