Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Tuesday August 18,2009

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Happy Tuesday August 18,2009

Post by WeeOne » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 am

Looks like everyone is busy today. Please send the hot weather this way. It's 55 this morning and cloudy. Haven't been out fishing since last Wed. Have DGS quilt top almost done. I need to post a photo of DH's fishing pants and the story behind them.

Cathy - I love the old saying.....I'm burning daylight, too. Off to feed dogs.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 am

I have returned from errands, I packed up 2 boxes, and I have 2 more to go. I managed to get 6 pillowcases done for Marcia. 2 blocks for the Men's quilt thread, and I have my SP gift done except for the note. The rest of the week will be "UFO WEEK". If all goes well I will have a quilt to take to my Sis's to LA next week. I am hoping to get another top finished 64 blocks more on that one. Then.....phew rest,

Irishgram, you put it so nicely, about us all being like neighbors. I really like that, I love you even if you are a Penguins fan...lol.
Hockey season will be here before we know it.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 am

Hello to all..........just checking in. Reading all of your posts makes me anxious to start sewing again. I just have to be patient and know that eventually my vision will return to normal. My appt. went well and all of the side effects that I'm having seem to be "normal" so that does put my mind at ease. We'll have a high of 75* today, so at least we won't need the a/c on. I hope everyone has a good afternoon!!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 am

Hey, y'all...so good to see some old regulars posting in! I'm having some brunch, some cheese, crackers, and an apple. This family goes through crackers like mad! We are also out of my seasoned pretzels; I'll have to make more today or tomorrow...I *really* don't want to go to the grocery store today, but we have NO eggs, and I think we are on the last loaf of bread (none in the freezer).

Peaches, one of my co-workers wears *trifocal* contact lenses and LOVES them. Eye doc doesn't seem to think I am quite that far along yet...LOL! But after wearing the contacts and a set of magnifiers (which Dr. M said was fine) for sewing yesterday, I had one pretty outrageous headache...YUCK! My main challenges are the astigmatism, and the fact that one eye is very nearsighted and the other is farsighted, I am dealing with age-related presbyopia, and the left eye, which is the bad one, is my dominant eye. Well, hellfire, if I can see to drive and see to quilt....it's all good!

Found a pattern for my second PFTH square. Had paged through some pattern books this AM, nothing was grabbing me so, duh, I decided to check out the freebies at QIAD. <ding, ding!> We have a winner, Pinwheels and Stars. The pinwheels are an autumn print, the 4 stars are all different colors: brown, green, burnt orange, and gold. All the patches are laid out here on my ironing board; it looks really nice! I have the patches from the top row squared up. Figured I'd take a break, have a nibble, then square up the rest and get stitching again.

I am thinking, since it isn't hot here...tuna-noodle casserole for dinner...YUUUUMMMM! I know, several of y'all would rather eat dog poop on a stick than tuna casserole, but WE love it! Means a trip to the market, though, 'cause I don't have any cream cheese for it. Rats!

Back to squaring up, snack's gone!

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:05 am

Hi all i hope you all keeping cool right now. Im eating piece of choc it ok i had better. My sewing room is much cleaner and just rest of little things put away not i need to do in here rest of house is done. Just waiting on the cable man to get here im sure he will be here around 3pm i must be the list on his list. i need to eat a something to eat bbl.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Farmchick.. I like that your grandma listened to "the old Indian" I had a neighbot who listened to the squirrls and that is how he foretold the weather.... another old gal once told me that if the cows are laying down it will rain... I would love to read a book with this type of info in it....

Grammie, you are way ahead of me.... I haven't done last months bom and have received this months in the mail... I owe 4 blocks on this one... I owe some PFTH blocks and I need to get on my ginger bread people... this weekend there will be no grands... it will be me and Singer alone at last....lol.....

Carole... I remember my first try at wearing contacts... I went into the Dr's office and told them I put them in but can't see good... they had rolled up into my upper eye lid and that was my first and last try...lol...

Dorothy, after you get all those projects done why don't ya' mosey on over here and get started on mine....

Pam, you sure are having fun with your quilter toy aren't you? I never get past the "make a top" stage.. sometimes I never get past "making blocks" stage... but I have fun doing it...

Cathy, just read your post about the garage door... I know that in a few posts ( I read from the bottom to the top) you will be saying it was something very simple that needed to be done to make the door work,....

Maryz... does it rain much where you are? I know it rains a lot in Oregon but what about Wash?

Cindy.. I have no clue how to run after twins... you are a stronger woman than I am....

Qnana... hope your day was fun

Sarah... hope the cable man made it, did you get that binding done? I love it when you post pictures of your quilts, they are so pretty to look at.

Sandy, did you get your room finished? hope it looks great.

Irishgram... people say the good thing about being a grandparent is you can spoil them and send them back to their parents... Yes, I do spoil a bit but I HAVE to send them back to their parents... I am not sure I could survive if I didn't ...lol....

Maw, hope your day was fun

Carolyn, I saw your pictures... too cute.... School starts for Marilyn tomorrow... I am really debating calling in sick so I can be there for her first day.... I have a months worth of sick leave time just sitting there.... waiting to be used....very tempting.

Cathy... I knew it... I am cracking up... I knew it would be easy to fix...lol....

Lyn, I loved the pictures of your fish pants...

MaryEllen... you are getting to be a regular around here... I am so glad...

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow... Tuesday is senior citizen discount day and I must look the part because they don't even ask they just give it to me.... but tomorrow there are some pretty good sales..... and on Friday we are having a pot luck baby shower at work... one of the guys wives is having twins... but one twin is really small and they have doctor visits twice a week.... she is aobut 30 weeks pregnant... I was going to make baby quilts but didn't want to make two incase something happened... so I will just add a few bucks to the gift card. I think I will make mac&cheese for the pot luck...cheap and easy...

I have meat loaf in the convection oven and taters boiling on the stove... and since the dish fairy failed to show up today I need to unload and re-load..... hope you all have a super evening

Chirss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:31 pm

I am back in the sewing room. DH called and said he had a beer tasting seminar to go to and would be late tonight, He rarely goes out with the guys so I am going to sew and finish up the blocks tomorrow i will mortgage myself at the post office and get everything mailed. I am on a roll now. I might try the new Bom even with out the video. they don't look that hard, but the videos are so entertaining, I am doing good with my list this week. BBL

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi all

well I didn't get 1 thing done on any of my sewing we had to take the dog to the vet for a distemper shot then when we came back it was time to cook well I guess there is always tommrow .

I see Brett Farve is now property of minnasota Vikeings my husband is thrilled .

Have a good aftereve .
Lois BBL

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi everyone. Chriss you have ESP. LOL It was an easy fix but I pulled something in my shoulder trying to reach for the stupid thing to lower. The dumb door will have a cord or something when DH returns. LOL To lower it manually if I should ever have to again, it will have to have something for me to grab. I keep telling him that I am shrinking in height & it is going around me in width. I swear it is! LOL

I saw that too about Brett Farve. They were talking about it on the News here. They were actually trying to count the times he has said he was going to retire then hasn't. Shoot! Each time he has said it, it just raises his price. LOL

>Sarah! Did your Cable guy show up? Hope he got ya fixed up.
>I haven't recieved my BOM yet. Was hoping to get it today but didn't.
>Grammie you are doing good on your sewing! Come on over & motivate me.
>Chriss that would be fun to take off & see Marilyn off to her 1st day.
>Mary Ellen I think you are doing good. It hasn't been that long since surgery Girlfriend. It may take a while to get back to normal. When that happens will you let me know what that feels like? I swear I don't remember. LOL Everyday is just more aches & pains somewhere.LOL I love love love getting older! LOL
Whew I can't answer to everybody. My neighbor is to be here in just a minute. She is going to show me her Quilt as You Go quilt she has started. I think it is the Cotton Theory? But I have read everyones posts and sounds like you had a decent day. I hope all of you have a great evening!!! Depending on how late Pamela stays as to whether I get to gome back here or not. She is a sweet lady. The one with the hot water tank that broke over the weekend. Ugh! Have a good one!

Love All of You

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:33 pm

eve'n ladies

I ended up with a migraine and sleeping most of the day. BLECH!

Sounds like everyone has had a busy fun day.

Hugs!

Return to “Sew ins”