Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August 17th

Daily discussions.
1quiltinnana

Re: Monday August 17th

Post by 1quiltinnana » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Getting the RV today and not much else as time will not allow it today. Hope to sew tomorrow.

Cindyg, I love your story about the Antebellum style home and it sounds interesting.

Hope everyone has a good day.
1QN

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:35 pm

You would think the dr would put him in the hosptial being that higt.
i would never cash a check of someone at my bank and for that much no thank you.

Well tv and computer desks are clean who wants to clean for me my dang back is hurting so bad i guess i should take something for it would u think. I need to yellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Evening all,
Been in a funk for awhile, don't really know why?? I sure hope it passes soon. I haven't been sleeping well plus I have Cooper 4 days a week. Dad got a new job and his hours and all changed. I've been waking up at 4:00 and not able to go back to sleep. Enough blabbering.

Glad to see Becca is feeling better, must be a virus going around.

Irishgram, glad to see you are feeling better and able to work your meals on wheels. I delivered them a long time ago, it was very good for the soul. You get really attached to the people, makes you feel good to know you are making someone's day a little brighter.

Got my blocks from the sweet treats swap today and wow they are all really nice.

Vicky, we all need a slow day, sometimes I feel like I need one everyday! LOL Hope it was a good day for you.

Chriss I hate grocery shopping, too much work. It's bad enough you have to think of what to buy, shop, pay for it, put it away and then fix it!!! Someone should think of an easier way, well I guess they have it's called a maid... if I only had money :)

Stargatefan hope you make it to the guild meeting. Let us know if you did and if you had fun.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Sharon

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Sharon - in some cities the grocery store will take your list over the phone or on line and then deliver your groceries to your door - at a substantial fee, of course. I wish I had money - *sigh*. I hope you are out of your funk soon.

Brenda - I cleaned out my closet and then drove around for two months with 3 garbage bags full of clothes and shoes for Goodwill. I just never went over there to drop them off. And then one day Purple Heart called. They come to your house and pick up the donation - all you have to is put it on the front porch. Lickety-split - those bags were out of my car and on the front porch. Yea!

Sarah - sorry your back is hurting. Maybe you should sit in a chair and admire your good work.

1QN - glad you got your 5th wheel back. When I was touring that home I had to concentrate on keeping my jaw from dropping. Oh, and every stick of furniture is an antique.

Cathy - what kind of heart scan will your DH have? Has he had a nuclear stress test? Tell him not to *****-foot around about getting the heart scan done.

I sat down to watch last Saturday's Fons and Porter that I DVRed. I dozed off. Didn't sleep hardly at all last night so I never should have sat down - LOL. I hope I can go to sleep tonight. I'm too tired to go to my sewing room.

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Well, today was the first day back at work and was in meetings all day. I'll be working with a group of children but have no idea what I will be doing.

I am one pooped puppy and am going to take a nice hot bath and hit the sack. Gotta get used to getting up with FarmChicks chickens.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Good Evening,

Been a busy day again, today. I got 6 loads of laundry all done and put away. THAT feels good! I also did two washes of Christmas fabric and ironed that. Tomorrow, I"m starting to cut!

Glad to hear that Becca is feeling better. Good job, Brenda, on the clean-out. That's what I've spent the last 2 weeks doing - that and painting. I'm finally finished and it's so worth the effort.

Irishgram, I'd love to know how you make your cheesy potatoes. Yum. Two of my favorite foods.

Jana, congratulations on your 34 years

Cathy/Agnes, sorry to hear about your DH's back, but sorrier still to hear his lab values! Do you eat much rice? I've been told that rice is a very bad no-no if you have a tryglyceride problem.

Well, all, time to go my pork chops in the oven. DH will probably want to eat dinner tonite sometime.

See you all in the morning!

mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I read all the posts.. wish I could stay and play but I am going to hit the shower and think about going to sleep... I am pooped...

xo
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”