Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August 17th

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

Monday August 17th

Post by momof6quilts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:41 pm

Good morning, A little early for me but I couldn't sleep.

I plan on doing a bunch of laundry today and I hope to get a birthday block done. Not much else. I need s SLOW day.

Vicky

fabricgirl

Re: Monday August 17th

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:50 pm

GoodMorning Vicky

Just passing through on my way to getting ready for work I only wish that I can stay home and have a slow day but it's back to work but I only work PT so I will be home before you know it I don't think I will sew today as Im still tired from the weekend.

Have A Great Day
Lois BBL

kadie

Post by kadie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Good morning Vicky and Lois!

I have just finished doing the dishes after dinner, and now I am ready for a shower and my PJs.

Hope everyone has a good day!

kadie

Stargatefan

Post by Stargatefan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am

Good Morning also - couldn't sleep so of course came to the computer! I might be going to a quilt guild meeting if my friend gets the info to me in time. Otherwise, I hope to finish my niece's quilt top today plus do some housecleaning. We have a community garage sale coming up in September so I am hoping to really go through the house and get stuff ready for it. No mercy! Except leave my sewing room alone! :-)

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Lois, Stargatefan,Kadie and Vicky....up early too...another Monday another week...seams to fly by..My grand kids go back home today..2 of them stayed the night..so, gotta get going and start my Day,..everyone have a fun day!..Hugs Bev

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:55 am

Good Morning to all,

I am all ready done in by humidity...81' in the house...
It may be Monday but I am happy to go to an ACed place of work....LOL
Have a great day what ever you do.

Happy Quilting...Kathy

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 am

Good morning everyone. I am staying home from work today because Becca woke up throwing up all over the bed so of course I now have to wash bed sheets. She seems to be feeling better though so I just going to let her sleep and take is easy.
I will work on cleaning up my hall closet today and maybe go through Becca's closet so atleast I can get some cleaning done while I am home. It sure is too hot to go outside.
I hope you guys have a wonderful day. It feels good to be able to get back to the forum now.

Brenda

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:27 am

Good Morning...

DH is just finishing making his lunch so it is time to make mine... I hope you all have a super day.... I get to grocery shop after work..

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:55 am

Morning all. Good Night Kadie. I am finishing up some cleaning from yesterday and will sew today. I am catching up on projects and BOMs. I looks like storms here so I picked up lawn chairs and such outside. Now to do a couple of loads and iron DHs shirts for the week. BBL

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:42 am

Good morning Early Birds!!!

I just returned from walking back from the farm. I drove over because we had storms last night and I didn't know how mucky the gravel/dirt roads would be for walking. The storms rewarded me with glorious BATIK fabric skies from the remanents of the storms as they headed east--Heads up, Girls, living in MO, IL, etc.--lots of wind, thunder and lightning. We got about 1.5" of rain. Much ado about a little, but that is valued and welcome!

Yesterday DH and I hiked a stony creekbed and looked at wildflowers and cliff swallows' nests under the road bridge. The nests were unlike the ones barn swallows make. They were composed of little what looked like beakfuls of mud sculpted into a tunnel like nest adhered to the 90-degree wall/ceiling of the bridge. Amazing construction work!!! There were remanents of 50 nests under there and still about 8 left that hadn't gotten washed down by flooded creek waters in the spring. We saw some georgous red wildflowers that I had never seen before. I need to try to look them up online.

We also worked at the community center/fire station and got more doors hung. He is the door installer, and I'm the able assistant. LOL

I had an ugly accident on the wood floors of my kitchen when the bottom fell out of my hummingbird feeder (operator error! LOL) (1-4 sugar/water) and splashed 2 cups (seemed like gallons) ALL over the walls and floor. (Doesn't that sound like an incident one of you had last week with the grands? I have only MYself to blame!) I yelled an obscenity and ran to get mop and bucket. I was mopping the back room where I'd tracked going for equipment just as DH (finally) came to see what the fuss was about. Of course, he tracked full through the mess!!! I yelled to stop and not go through it. He backed up and WALKED THROUGH IT AGAIN!!! He wondered if something was wrong with me and got upset when I yelled to stop. (If something was wrong I could have bled to death while he was watching TV before he checked on me. LOL!!!) I thought he was pretty funny, he didn't . He pouted because I yelled. Then he tracked up ALL the rooms. I mopped at least 5 times last eve, and I'm still mopping today. UGH!!! I feel for Kho and the honey in her basement and whomever had the Kool-aid incident last week. UGH!!!

Today we are going to go work on the apartment. It will take at least 2 or 3 days (maybe more).

My BIL is still hanging on--still on the ventillator. The good news is he is #2 on the CCU critical list. The bad news is that someone else is now #1, and my heart goes out to their family. Isn't that sad that for BIL to have good news, someone else has worse. This could be a six to eight or more week ordeal. Thank you for your prayers and concern.

Vicky--rest and sew. Dr. Feel N. Goode's prescription for your day!!!

Kathy--LOL There is your silver lining for the cloud of work--they are running their AC for you!!! Always look for the little blessings of the day!

Lois--hope you get some rest after work and get back to your sewing room!

Kadie--it's amazing to me that it is "tomorrow" where you are, or will be when you wake up and we are going to bed. It's almost like time traveling. And, it's winter season for you. Are you smiling as we are whining about sweltering here???

Stargatefan--hope you get to go to the guild and get to sew! A guild meeting's show and tell is always inspirational. Enjoy!!!

Bev--enjoy the grands!!! School has started for some here and the rest next week.

Brenda--So sorry you have to go through THOSE uglies!!! UGH!!! Do hope Becca gets better quickly and this was just a one-time incident. Rest is good!!!

Chriss--Have a good day at work!!! You and DH!!! Maybe on Monday the store won't be busy and the line at the checkout will be short. I'd enjoy the wait a lot better if the quilt mags were in the lane instead of some of the others!!! LOL

Grammie--I think you are east of me. Tie down the lawn furniture!!! The wind was fierce last night!!! It seemed to swirl from all directions as all the windows were wet and blowing in. We cooled down for a few hours, but the temp is rising and the humidity is back. Going to be 95 today in Southeast Kansas. Set your thermostat low and plan to sew!

"I'll check in later," she said hopefully.

Return to “Sew ins”