Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, August 16th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Sunday, August 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:02 am

Kadie! Wonderful to see you! We've missed you, but have been thinking about you. Sounds like your daughter and you are doing some 'healing work'. My heart is with you. mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 am

Mornin' all....

Grammie, what should I bring to the cookout? I took DGD to the movies to see Aliens in the Attic yesterday and it was set in Michigan... one of the rooms had a Red Wings banner in it.. I immediately thought of you....

Peach, you could have a funky backwards quilt and start over on the quick trip...lol.. maybe you can create a new pattern

Dorothy I pray all your storms blow themselves out.... I need to get my blocks made too... maybe if Marilyn aka Sleeping beauty ever wakes up she can help me pick fabric....

Bev... when DH was off work he took over everything... now that he's working again I took back the kitchen but he still pays the bills... I love not writing out checks... and he no longer spends a ton of money on junk food for his lunch....

Kathy, those mosquitos are awful... it's amazing how they can hone in on a person isnt' it.

Kadie, good to hear from you... healing the heart can take a bit of time.. I pray your heart heals quickly.

Maryz... your quilt room is beautiful... what a fun place for you to play...

Quiltnewby... glad your neice likes the quilt.. can't wait to see a picture..

I think I am going to cook a big breakfast for Jerry and myself, then I am going to make a couple of blocks for the projects section and then go play in my sewing room, DGD likes to join me in there and we talk and work on projects...lol

hope you all have a perfect day
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 am

Good morning to you all. Trying to catch up on what is happening around here. Good to hear from you Peach and Kadie. That cobbler sure sounds good. Kadie, some time with DD is probably just what the doctor ordered.

Those ribs sure sound good.

I am off to pay the bills, maybe sew a bit and then going to the fair. DGS school starts this week so our last big hurrah! Have a good day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:27 am

Good morning Gals!

It's a very breezy and MUGGY day in MN this morning! Rained most of the night and now it's like a sauna outside! Turned off the AC yesterday to be able to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house... would love to leave it off but it is SO humid here today.

Spent all day yesterday getting the chores done--most of them anyway. Mowed the lawn, washed floors, vacuumed, most of the laundry done and a little dusting.... that was enough for me! Snuck in a nap and managed to sneak in a few stitches on a couple small projects I wanted to finish. Organized some of my fabric by "project" . I have several I want to do so I got the pattern together with the fabric and set aside to be ready when I have the time to start!

Today I'm going down to visit Mom and bring her some Gladiolas from my garden. DD helped me plant about 20 bulbs and they are blooming now. Glads are one of my Mom's favorites and my Dad would plant about 400 bulbs at his little hobby farm every spring and bring the blooms to their church. DD may even go with me for a visit... but it's too early to call and see for sure!

Guess I better jump in the shower and get in gear.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Marymargaret

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:30 am

Good morning all, ITs good to see you Pam. I got the blinding done on the quilt easy this morning around 3am. I think im gone to make some blocks today since i have not pice anything in weeks. And i don't know what im gone to make. Trying to wake up here and see what i can get my hands on now. You all have a good day. Happy sewing in or what every you are doing. Sarah

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 am

Just a "drive by posting" I am on my way to church, I will come back and read later and post pictures from the party. I just wanted to tell you all to have WONDERFUL Sunday!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:08 am

Well, now it's good afternoon! Oh my gosh, you won't believe what I got my family into today. LOL! In the den at the cabin the ceilings are about 22' tall and have large windows going all the way up. We painted the cabin a couple yrs. ago and didn't have a ladder up here tall enough to paint the trim around those windows, so they've been a glaring dark green while the rest of the room's trim is white. And the window shades need replacing, but they're a custom size and will be expensive. Well, I went into the garage and low and behold...spied the big ladder DH brought up here a few wks. ago that I didn't know he'd brought up! The wheels and cogs started turning. Yep, DH is on the ladder painting the trim as I type. And I washed the shades in the bathtub and have them drying on the deck! Before we leave I'm going to measure the windows and this week try to get window toppers made to go across the window tops. Yippee! Although, I gotta tell you, I'm much happier about this project than DH and son are right now! ROFLOL!

Got my "un-sewing" done and the tubes made for my Quick Trip quilt. Ever noticed how fast we can sew a seam and then how slow it is to "un-sew" it?! LOL! I saw El use a rotary cutter to "un-sew" in one of her videos, but I just know I'd get off track and slash the whole strip, so I did it the old-fashioned S-L-O-W way! ROFLOL!

I sure have missed ya'll! Sounds like everyone is having a busy day. Well, I'm going to go tell DH how cute he looks waaaay up on that ladder and how wonderful the windows are looking, got to keep that man motivated! LOL! Be back later, toodles........

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 am

Good afternoon y'all. I have read everything here sub won't comment to everyone.

We don't have any mosquitoes. That's because they breed in water and we haven't had enough rain so there's no standing water anywhere including the creeks and some ponds. Several farms between our house and the lake are going to have serious water problems if we don't get rain soon. At this point I would welcome the mosquitoes.

Pam and Kadie - it's so good to see you girls back here. You have been missed.

Everyone looks like they're busy today with sewing or cooking or painting. I've started my laundry. We came back form the lake earier than usual because my boss's mother's funeral is this afternoon and we are going. What a relaxing day we had yesterday. All I did was put on clothes so we could go into town and eat. The rest of the time we watched the movie "Valkyrie", watched lots of TV and I locker hooked my rug all day. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed doing n o t h i n g!!!!! But now it's back to the grind. Gotta go take a shower and try to work a miracle. BBL

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:00 am

Afternoon all. Pam there is probably a special place in heaven for the DHs of Forum members, We sure do work them boys...Mine is cleaning up outside for the cookout. I finished the inside work and now I just need to make a salad. DD is doing potatoes and 1 DDIL is making baked beans, Dinner will be about 4:30 Bring a lawn chair and a smile.

I have 9 Grands Ages 17 down to 17 months. only 7 of them will be here today along with 8 adults. 5 girls and 4 boys total. We try to get together at least once a month. with all of their busy lives I don't see them all often. Next month one of them will host "Family Dinner" and I will just bring a dish. I like that part.

I did get out of baking cupcakes. My DD called and my 3 1/2 yo DGS is making them...He was so excited...He told me he would put extra sprinkles on mine.

I just got an Email that my 89yo Mom just signed up on FACEBOOK....oh will wonders ever cease. Do ya think she will make me her friend???lol

Hi Cindy we were typing at the same time

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:11 am

Well i have been busy too cleaning up the sewing room and paying bills that is part i hate the most im sure everyone feel same way too. I know this much my sewing room will get done by the end of setp 2009 to have it painted and fix it up to were there is move room to move around and get some stuff out of here if i can to have more room its not easy to work in here when it is 16x8 it is small oh well you got to do what is best do what you got. Time to pick some fabric out for some blocks that i need to get made. Sarah

Return to “Sew ins”