Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, August 16th

Daily discussions.
Georgiapeach

Sunday, August 16th

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:25 am

Good morning, ya'll! Hope everyone has/is having a nice weekend! We're at the cabin and it's so nice up here. No traffic or noise of any kind, except for my sewing machine! LOL! And this bird that sounds like a "mountain monkey"! LOL! I've been working on a True Blue Quick Trip Around the World queen size kit. I have peaches and want to make a peach pie and cobbler today. Boy, I could sure be persuaded to stay a few more days up here! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Georgiapeach

Re: Sunday, August 16th

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:27 am

Vicky, good morning! We must've been posting at the same time! Sorry! LOL!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 am

Good Morning, How nice to hear from you Pam. Sounds like fun at the cabin....I am having all the kids and grands for dinner today and I need to get my butt moving. clean both bathrooms and bake cupcakes and get the ribs on. I will slow cook them for a few hours and then throw them on the grill.

Morning to all here,,,,,Have a beautiful Sunday. BB tonight

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:58 am

Ohhhh, your ribs sound so good! Hope you enjoy your day with the grands! I need to clean today, too, but somehow I doubt it's going to get done! LOL! I was so proud of myself last night, I'd finished sewing all my 4" strips together in tubes for my Quick Trip quilt...and discovered I'd sewn two strips in backwards! LOL! So, me and the seam ripper will spend some time together today! LOL!

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:03 am

Morning everyone!!!!!!!! Need to do some wash today, not sure what the week will bring with the tropics off our coast. The one that I'm keeping my eye on is Bill. Hope he blows himself out and all there is talk. Did get a block done yesterday for a project, need to see what I have in stash for another I need to make.

Georgiapeach - It sound like you are in heaven. It is so nice to get away and the only thing you hear is the sewing machine.

grammiequilts - Can I come for dinner? Enjoy the family, don't clean to hard just enjoy.

Everyone have a great day, be safe where every your day takes you.

DorothyM

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:24 am

Hello Pam..long time girl friend!...any ways...Its Beautiful out this morning..I need to clean..:(..and do bills up to go out in the morning..yessss//not....but, wanted to pop in and say Hi!..those Ribs sound good...grammie..Hi Dorthy....well...you all have a great day!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:31 am

Good Morning,

An other perfect beach day..80s and a little humid. I do not do the beach anymore!

I have sheets in the washer to go on the line. I will need a bee's keeper outfit to keep off the mosquitoes...I got 3 bites going for the news paper...LOL

I do not feel like doing any thing(uglies)today. I am just going to sew on my runner. Kim will be over for lunch and a movie or two.
Sounds like a great day!

Pam...your weekend sounds wonderful. Have fun baking.
Where is Vicky??? **I found her!**

Grammiequilts...sounds like you have a super day planed. Love those Grands up<<hugs & Kisses>>

Dorthy....I have a load of sheets in the washer, then to the line!
I am praying the storm stays to the sea. What block did you make?

Hope you all have a great day whatever you do!!

Kathy

kadie

Post by kadie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:39 am

Good morning to you all! Hi!

Good to see you here Peachy!
Seeing you here, made me feel like saying Hi to everyone. Trying to get some normalcy back and seeing QueenPeach posts, are like old times.

I am just getting ready to go to bed, it is late Sunday night here and I am weary.

I have our youngest DD home for 10 days. It is hard for her being here without her Dad, and she has had a rough couple of days since she arrived, adjusting to a different atmosphere in the house. We have been staying up late with lots of talking and tears since she arrived on Friday.

OK, I am off to bed
Have a lovely day ladies/gents

kadie

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:56 am

Happy Sunday, Everyone! Yum, ribs do sound nice. I think we'll be taking our chances on the leftover meatloaf in the fridge, though. And some baked sweet potatoes. No muss and best of all, no FUSS!

Pam, nice to see ya! Wish we were all at the lake with you. Peach pie would be pretty tasty on a sunday afternoon!

Grammie, you'll have a good day with your grands! How old are they? How many are they?

Dorothy, hope your Bill turns into nothing more than a breeze. MY DH (also a Bill)and I will be watching the news and thinking of you.

Luv 2, you have bills in your life today, too! I think I have the best Bill of the three of us!!

Kathy, how's the door coming? Try tucking a dryer sheet of Bounce in your pocket when you go outside - or run it up and down your exposed skin, too. It's SUPPOSED to keep the skeeters at bay. We have few of them this year. Too dry, I think.

Good Morning, Vicky. I see you and Pam posted simultaneously this morning. Two great minds . . as they say.

Today I need to clean our family room and vacuum our downstairs. And I may get a head start on laundry. Since I allowed myself a week off last week, there's a mountain of it and it's starting to snarl at me. I finished painting, rearranging, and reorganizing my sewing and quilting rooms yesterday and posted pix in PHOTOS. If I get done with chores, I may go and start messing them up. I can't wait, though it is nice to have them tidy for once. Can you believe I don't have a single project under way right now? but that won't stop me from finding something to sew!! LOL! Have a special day, Friends!! mary z

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:56 am

Good Morning:)
Visiing DS again-- went to a Brewer game last night, got my exercise going up and down the steps to our seats up in the nosebleed section! But it was a decent game-- Brewers won, and it didn't take forever!!

Pam it was so good to see you hear!! Cabin sounds cool..

By the time I get home probably won't be doing any sewing. However I had my niece come over last week to make sure she still liked some of the fabric she chose last year, and she was very excited with how the quilt is looking-- whew!

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Return to “Sew ins”