Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saterday August 15,2009

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Saterday August 15,2009

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:15 am

Hello!! Hello!!

Wow...so much has go on since this morning! The BOM was funny this month, I do not know why maybe the heat is getting to us.
I tried not to but I bought fabric 5 yards,on sale, also some FQ. On of the fabrics was 25% off and soooo smooth. I got green and red with white flowers.
Then I talked to much. What all our LQSs need is a tea/coffee room. Maybe a muffin or some cookies? There is just not enough room in a shop packed with quilting things.

It is too hot to polyurethane the door. Plus the stuff makes me "high".
I am going to do a once around the house....then sew. I wood love to finish my Table runner.

Have a peaceful and blessed day!....Kathy

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:44 am

Afternoon all, My DGD and I went out and picked about 200 ears of corn today and now we are shucking it so that we can freeze it and can some of later today. Not much sewing going to today. Maybe late tonight when I am done with all this.

Taking a short break but have to get back to it. So everyone have a very nice day and stay safe.

Vivian1970

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 am

Hello again! I got mom's hair set, went to W-M, came home and did my cake for tonight. If it works, it's here:

[/img]

We are getting a bit of a shower. I can't complain, we really need it. Of course, this party tonight is OUTSIDE!!! Isn't that the way it goes! LOL

I am finishing up a late lunch Maybe I won't eat too much at the party this way. DH is working at the community center. I may go put in a couple of hours before coming home and hitting the shower and getting ready to go celebrate.

Everyone is busy as always! Enjoy your day!!!

P.S. I tried to make a batik sky on the cake!!! LOL
P.P.S. They are getting married on an Alaskan Cruise

misssharna

Post by misssharna » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:43 am

Love your cake, how cute is that????? Great job and I do see that Batik sky... Enjoy your party.....

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:54 am

Farmchick you did a great job on the cake.

CArin you mean you its your praty why r u doing it.

carolyn that is so great that your DH about your quilting.

Chriss im glad you did not fall for it. have great day.

misssharna if you need help on posting a pic let me know i try to help u out best way i can on here.

Vivian1970 doing corn is easy to do when u have someone easy helping too.

Kahty you keep sewing and it to hot to do them doors.

Well i need to see if DH is sleeping in his chair again it is almost 4pm here and i need dinner somehow before i get the shanks blinding is going slow here grrrrrrrrrrr

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:25 am

I just got home from the wedding and reception. Lydia got out of the hospital this morning go home in time to throw a dress on and get out on the lawn for a beautiful wedding! I was concerned for her all day that she was going to over-due even though she just sat in the wheel chair. I would of though she would want to be laying down. It worked out well though. The girls and I got asked to help at the reception so we left the wedding right before the end and went over and filled pitchers and got the food ready then afterward we cleaned all the tables off and the girls kept the punch bowls filled. It was fun and it's good to be helpers and let the family enjoy themselves.

The girls are in our pool in the backyard (we have a blowup thingy) to cool off. They want me to go but I'll just go out and watch them have fun.

DH has the two walls almost ripped out. It smells better int here all ready.

Vicky

misssharna

Post by misssharna » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:33 am

Vicky, it sounds as though your DH is very handy. Mine is as well, though this am as I was getting ready for work, my DH was yelling out for help.... it appears as he was replacing our hot water heater, he knocked off a valve and had hot water spewing everywhere... He had to stick his finger in the hole until we could bring buckets/pans..whatever to empty the 40 gal. tank.. I love do it yourself projects, but I like being at work when they are being done. What a way to start your day....

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 am

Good late afternoon from warm, sunny SW. Pa....

Chriss, thanks for asking about me....I'd love to be able to say, I've been sitting on a beach somewhere but nothing like that....What started out with a "mild" case of food poisoning, or so we thought,turned into a week from "you know where"....I've decided, you should never go to the doctors...You go for 1 thing and sure enough, they'll come up with something else....After putting up with the stomach problems for a couple of days and it not leaving, I made that mistake, called my good old doc....He wasn't convinced it was from anything I had eaten so started the tests...You name it, I've had it and then some...I think he, and everyone else at the hospital, knows me inside and out...AND he still hasn't decided what my problem might be...Most of the tummy thing has gone away but still have the pains and other goofy things that he doesn't like...A couple things he's mentioned are M.S. and Parkinson, which I don't believe it's either...But you know, you have to let them have their fun.....And like I said, I'm feeling much better and moving (slowly)....I've also decided, I don't have time for this...(And I know I shouldn't have eaten those stuffed mushrooms).....

AND my troops have all gone home...My son, his oldest and the dog left last Monday and DDIL and my buddy, Nicky, left on Wed. I think that's most of my problem, I miss them terribly...But, hopefully, we will be making the trip to N.Carolina in the fall and they might be back for Christmas....

Just reading everyone's posts, I envy you all for being so busy...I really do love to hear what everyone's doing...

I had every intention, as soon as the kids were gone, to get back to my projects but so far, I haven't even ventured into that room....But, starting Monday, that's it, come h--- or high water.....

Well, I think it's time to get DH some dinner...I've been on this great diet, crackers and tea, lol.....

You all enjoy the rest of the afternoon,
(So glad to be able to write that again)

girl

Post by girl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:07 pm

We received a little shower about 4pm and they say more is on the way and yes we can use it. Grass is getting dry with the warm temps out side. Some ask who I'm on this morning forum. I'm Barbara and Live in Grain Valley Mo and making my third quilt and I have a busy life with work,quilting No 1, and making shore my hubby goes to the doctors for his Illiness he had. I hope this helps and have a good night.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:17 pm

looks quiet here...we need to do another chatty sew-in soon....well off to have dinner...

oh and Betsy MADE me go fabric shopping today

Return to “Sew ins”