Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saterday August 15,2009

Daily discussions.
girl

Saterday August 15,2009

Post by girl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Good morning everyone. Couldn't sleep so got up and I see no one has gotten up to start the post. I do have a question on my rulers. Whats the difference between omnigrid and the ones the day and night call for? I have Omnigrid ones. It been hot here all week and I worked out side most of the week. They said on the t.v. last night that rain is in the forcast for the next seven days and cooler temp's. I hope everyone has a good day.

fabricgirl

Re: Saterday August 15,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 am

GoodMorning

Im up early as well in a few minuets I have to start the uglies and get ready for a family picnic at my sisters Mss Deets house.

I don't know about the rulers for day and night because I didn't purchase that book Im trying to use books that I have .

Have a Great Day
Lois

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:48 am

It's gong to be hot, hot, hot here today and we have an outside wedding to go to. The girls and I are going then we are stopping at the hospital on the way back to see Lydia. I talked to her last night and she is doing well.

Then we come home to a remodeling project in full force........yuck. But it HAS to be done.

You all have a fun filled day,

Vicky

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 am

Good Morning!!

I am feeling unmotivated. But I must get some uglies done before I leave for my BOM class. Then I will work on my door and after that sewing....I want to finish the 3 blocks on my table runner..

girl...sorry you couldn't sleep. I am no help with rulers, don't have that book. 7 days of rain be careful of mildew it is going around.
Keep cool.

Lois...Have a great day with you your family and the picnic

momof6...hope your bride does not melt! Remodeling is a mess but when your done you have something nice.

See you before I leave....Kathy

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:43 am

God morning everyone. It is going to be hot and nasty here again in central ny. I am off to visit Aunt Martha here is a bit and take her the beautiful pillowcase SharonG made for her. Then I need to finish a pillow for my sister who turned 50 on Thursday. She didn't want any kind of a party but last night told my other sister a cookout would be good, so I need to get busy. Wedding for a boy I babysat many years ago at 3 and reception at 6. I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe day. Be careful in the heat, enjoy all that you do and stay safe. P.S. Thanks for all the tips on chopping raisins.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:05 am

Good morning everyone! I have been for my walk already and have a load of clothes going. Believe it or not I am sitting here watching Officer & a Gentleman. I have to get motivated and get my shopping list done for the grocery, and go get a frame and card for a retirement gift. A friend of mine that I grew up with and went all the way through school with. Then we ended up working together is retiring. Can't wait till it's my turn. Anyway, have a great day
Suzette58
Suzette

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 am

Good morning!

I just got back from my walk to the farm and back. The girls are free-ranging today because I forgot to close their gate. LOL I know there are eggs in nests all over because I'm not getting many in the places I know they lay. Oh well! Maybe it will keep the snakes and racoons out of the henhouse!

Baby Batik skies again this morning. Girl, we are far enough south we probably won't get your rain, unfortunately! We can use it!

I'm going in to town to fix my mom's hair, hitting W-M for last minute items, decorating my cake for the party tonight, then helping out at the community center (if time permits) before getting ready for the party.

My BIL in the hospital was doing real well but developed some lung issues yesterday. That's all I know about it. He is still on the ventilator. They changed it and put him on a different one.

Girl, I answered your message about the rulers in a PM to you. I didn't have El's square-up ones, either. I really like that pattern!!!

Lois, enjoy your picnic!

Vicky, stay cool! The remodeling is a pain, but everything will smell so fresh and clean when you are finished!

Kathy, enjoy your day and your class!!!

Chrissy, you are in a whirlwind today!!! Don't get frazzled!

Suzette, retirement is wonderful!!! I'm working harder and having more fun than ever at the office!!! Hope you don't have long to wait!!! Enjoy your day!

BBL... maybe

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:20 am

Good Morning Gals

Looks like it's HOT all over the country. Haven't been outside yet, but it looks breezy here and the temp is already 76. I HAVE to mow my lawn today as it's beginning to look like a hay field! One weekend at the cabin and all the home chores go down the drain. Time to catch up on all the "uglies" Have a TO DO a mile long and I just don't know where to start!

Vicky---I can feel for you having to rip out sheet rock.... It was suggested to me when I got mold to get some stuff called KILZ and spray that after everything else is cleared out and dry. I guess it prevents mold from returning!

Suzette-- just think of all the sewing we could do if we could retire!! I have all sorts of projects ready for when I retire--too bad it's a LONG way off!

Well, after 1 more cup of coffee I better get in gear and as they say "make hay while the sun shines!"

Will check in with y'all later. Wishing you all a great COOL day!

Marymargaret

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:29 am

Good Morning Everyone!
girl - The "Day and Night" book came with rulers at the back of the book. They are specially marked for the quilt. I looked in the book and other than the Day and Night Ruler, the Fussy cut ruler, and 6-1/2" Triangle Square up ruler the only other ruler is a 6" x 24" ruler. What size omnigrid do you have - the 6" x 24"? You can certainly use that one. If you do not have the fussy cut you might do without it, but the 6-1/2" Triangle Square Up is worth the money to purchase! I love that ruler!

I have the usual Saturday Stuff to do, but am also trying to sew curtains for the bathroom. I just have a couple of seams left to sew.

Vicky - Enjoy the wedding!

Lois - Have a wonderful day with your sister!

Chrissy - Enjoy your visit with your Aunt Martha.

Kathy - Have fun at your BOM class.

FarmChick - Do enjoy the wedding!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:32 am

Morning ladies all of you sound busy, I am out the door to get vittles for the cook out tomorrow, and then help my DH get some plywood for a project for one of the DGDs. I will get the laundry and ironing this afternoon. and sew tonight. I have a plan to get at least 2 pillowcases done today and get a couple of blocks done tonight. I have to tell you retirement is a blast. I have talked to 2 men who retired early. they have both gone back to work out of boredom..HAH! Bored has never come into my life....I will be celebrating my first year retired on Sept 18, More important to me than my Birthday lol.BBL
Morning Q we were typing at the same time

Return to “Sew ins”