Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Friday it's August 14,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Happy Friday it's August 14,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:45 pm

GoodMorning Everyone

Well it looks like we are in the heat once again and it'ssuppose to be more of the same for the rest of the weekend.

Today I have to do the uglies and try and get everything done before tommrow we have a picnic at my sister MS. DEETS house cant wait to see her Im bringing my quilts to show her in person and can't wait till I see hers.

Everyone Have A Great Day BBL
Lois

rosebud3

Re: Happy Friday it's August 14,2009

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:49 am

Good morning Lois. Enjoy the picnic and get together with Dolores. I know it will be fun.

Everyone have a splendid day whether working or playing.

May God bless each of you today.

Mary

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:53 am

Good morning Lois and Mary. I see we are the early birds today.

DH is on his way to work and I am heading upstairs to finish up the mess I started yesterday.LOL I am going through my scrap bins and cutting down everything to strips, squares and rectangles of varing sizes. It looked like a bomb had exploded in my sewing room but I got one bin sorted yesterday now I need to start on the second one.

Hope everyone has a good day.

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:00 am

Morning girls!..Have to go into Town today..hummm..and waiting for My Grands to come see us..it's been two weeks..and it seems like 2 years...so, have to get some snacks...there goes my Diet!..lol.....You all have a great Day!..Hugs to you,.....Bev

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:36 am

Lois and Dolores.. enjoy your day it sounds like a lot of fun... I wish my sis and I were closer but we run in different circles...

Bev, I hope you get losta squeezes out of those grands... how fun it will be to have them there.

DewDew.... I had a scrap bin and planned to cut it into squares too... but I had too many scraps to start with so I ended up sending them to someone here who liked scraps... it was just overwhelming for me.

Mary, hope you have a fun day.

There is a new project in the project section.. I have faith that this one will be completed...

I am getting ready for work but it is finally happy friday, I am thinking I will go to the bank and deposit our millions then go get a pizza at Costco and call it dinner... get the laundry ready for tomorrow and straighten up in my sewing room just enough to sew like a wild woman all weekend... hope everyone has a fun day
Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:24 am

Good Morning...

Sorry to those that work today but I love my Fridays off!! It gives the time I need to do house projects like stain, polyurethane and paint the door. I do hope I can get it all done this weekend. What am I thinking this is harder work than day care..LOL

I did get my BOM cut out list night. It is the Eight Pointed Star. This time I used the Tri Tool by Darlene Zimmerman. I hope it goes together eacyer than the last tiame I mane this block. This block is Lilca in color.

Lois...Sorry you are in the heat again. I hope the humidity stays down until I get my work done. Have great fun with your quilting sister.

Mary...hope your day is smooth and fast.

SewSew...I love what you said "fabric bomb"! What a great idea to cut them all up to usable sizes.

Bev...have a wonderful day with your Grands. Get plenty hugs and kisses.

Chriss...Hope your work day buzzed by. Sounds like you have a wonderful week end planed, good for you!!

Well I am off to start the day.

See you in a bit....Kathy

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:12 am

Good morning!! We've got perfect weather this morning but it is going up to the mid 80's later on today. I need to go to the bank and to the post office this morning......I might pick up a few groceries while I'm out too. I'm one of the odd ones that enjoys grocery shopping......I'm not real fond of carrying it all in or putting it all away tho. After I get home I'm going to work on the pillowcases for the troops. Not sure what I'll get into after they're finished.

Lois......Have fun at the picnic. Enjoy the time with your sister. I lost my sister in 2005 and I sure miss her and all the fun we had together.

SewSew.....I think I'll follow your lead and cut up my small collection of scraps.

Bev......Have fun with the DGK's. Nothing better than hugs and kisses from the grands!!

Chriss.....Hope your day at work goes by quick. Your plans for the weekend sound a lot like mine!!

Kathy.......I hope you get your door finished this weekend. I used to love to paint.....now it hurts too much with the CTS.

Gotta get busy! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sandy

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 am

Good morning - TGIF!!!

Fabricgirl - have fun at your picnic and doing your show-and-tell.

Rosebud - wishing you a blessed day, too.

DewDew - good to see you. Once you get your mess all sorted you are going to feel like a new woman - LOL! Only 9 weeks to go until the quilt show - WOO HOO!!!

Bev - have fun with the grands. You are lucky you get to see yours so often.

Chriss - I envy you your sewing weekend. I get to have one next weekend - YEA.

Kathy - the work on your door does sound hard to me but I bet it will be so pretty once it's done. Are you grateful to me for sharing the humidity? LOL Try to stay cool and dry.

I'm at work and then we are off to the lake this evening. I have my Janet Evanovich book and my rug to locker hook. My boss's mom passed away yesterday so I need to order flowers and have our office personel and supervisors sign a card. Man, getting people organized is difficult - LOL. So I'd better get busy. Y'all have a wonderful day. BBL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:48 am

Sandy we were typing at the same time. You seem to have your day all planned. Have fun with the sewing part of it.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 am

Good Morning, World!

It's always fun to see what you all are up to each morning. Lois, The thought of a fun day with your sis tomorrow will make today's uglies fly by!

Dew Dew, you're going to have fun in your scrap bins! Enjoy! But remember, a messy sewing room (or any other craft!) is a sign of beautiful creativity at work!

Bev, have fun with those grands! Mine are getting old - 12 and almost 16. They're busy all the time and I don't get to see them too much. I need new ones and am casting my eyes in DD#2's direction. I think something in pink this time.

Chriss, I like the way you think - get a Costco pizza and then sew like a wild woman all weekend. And you know, I performed a laundry experiment last week. I just didn't do it! And you know what? The earth didn't stop spinning, and the laundry is waiting patiently for me while I enjoyed a "free" Monday! I may give it ANOTHER week!

Kathy, Enjoy your Friday! And good luck with that door and your 8-pt star. Someday MAYBE I'll try one of those! (star, not the door!)

Sandy, I like grocery shopping, too. But the schlepping, not so much. I have a split level house and have to carry, carry, carry. Up, up, up. And shopping is on my list today. But DH is home today to do the heavy work.

My big project this week - cleaning, reorganizing, sorting, and pitching everything in this house - is winding down. Today, with DH's help, we'll do the last of it, vacuum our way out the door, and go to our friends for a wine-tasting/appetizer-eating party, then out to dinner, and after that, dancing. We all used to perform on an exhibition western dance team. Ah, the old days. Now we all have bad hips, sore back, arthritic joints, and bad eyes. but we still like to get out and bumble around on the dance floor!

Everyone else who posts after me, I'm thinking of you, too, and wishing all a wonderful lead-in to the weekend!

Mary z
p.s. I don't see Farm Chick here this morning. I hope she didn't get mired down in that rental clean-up! I miss her fabric-ish descriptions of her beautiful sunrises!

Return to “Sew ins”