Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It Is Thursday...Aug 13, 2009

Daily discussions.
CoyoteQuilts

Re: It Is Thursday...Aug 13, 2009

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Happy day to everyone. I see that a lot of work, quilting, uglies, canning, root beer showers and staying cool is going on. I hope everyone stays safe through all of it.

No quilting, just service/charity projects getting done this week. The color didn't come out real well. The pink is VERY pink and the green is almost neon.......

There are a total of 14 layette gowns, 3 receiving blankets, 6 binky blankets, and 16 pairs of beaded socks. I wanted to get more done, but ran out of time. I'll hand in all the things except the binky blankets tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to get some blocks done and mailed. Maybe I'll do a few 'uglies' around here ROFLOL........

[/img]

[/img]

Have a great rest of the day...........

Sharon V.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi all

I finally got my quilts posted my FDIL showed me what I did wrong now I know for next time I did 3 loads of wash and made a pot of sauce for dinner and tommrow is another day .

Hope everyone is haveing a good evening or afternoon.

Lois

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Sharon - what nice layettes. I'm crazy about the beaded socks. Some little girl (or big girl like me) is going to love those. Great job. You are a kind person.

Fabricgirl - I'm going to find your quilt pictures now.

I'm cooking dinner and after we eat I'll be packing. It's been a very busy two days and I am so ready to go to the lake tomorrow evening!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Whew! I am hot & tired now. Just finished the mowing. DH will just have to do it next. He worked on the lawnmower & it still isn't right & gives me fits! The self propelled thing keeps kicking out & not working. That makes me mighty unhappy. LOL This hot, red faced chubby gal out there a huffing & puffing & mad as a wet hen. LOL Got 'er done though. LOL

I did have a wonderful lunch with a handsome studpuppy. LOL Big College Freshman. I was impressed, his GF called on the way to lunch & he told her that he would chat with her later that he was spending time with his Grandma & we were going to lunch. Shocked me! I do wish he would maybe not see so much of her. She is very nice and motivates him with School work and they compete with grades but she is a little controlling. She's the only girl he's dated & they've been together for 3 yrs. He is now an Asst Mgr for Hibbitts Sporting Goods Store. I was impressed for an 18 yr old. Loves his job! SO between that and being in school fulltime, they won't have too much time to date!

I have El's books all out in front of me & thought I would look at diff. blocks after I shower. I need the fastest, 12 inch block one can make. I agreed to make 16, 12 inch blocks for my Mom. She doesn't care what kind of blocks, but she needs it quickly so she can handquilt the quilt and get it in the mail.Ugh! Why do I do this to myself? Sure! I do not have 1 thing to do at all. Just sit on the couch and eat Bon Bons all day. LOL Oh well. She can't see well enough right now with 1 good eye & 1 bad eye to sew. I'd want her to do it for me if the shoe was on the other foot. She gets the bad eye fixed next week. So any suggestions on the fastest block ever made??????? LOL

Got to go shower. Will pop back in later.
Love Ya'll

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Wow, Sharon what cute layettes, so sweet. Luv2 very cute rag quilts I just made one to hang in the fabric store I work it. Did it out of home spuns, that rag really well. The owner didn't really like the colors of these fabrics so I made it to show her how cute they worked up.

If I don't get back on later it's because we are getting another storm. Hopefully more rain, but I hope we don't get our whole years worth in a couple days. That happened last year.

Jeanne

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:37 pm

well I too read all the posts.. you gals sure gab a lot while I am at work...lol

Sharon and Bev, your projects are really cool...

I dabble in Genealogy too... my stuff is also on my computer... I even found some published books with my ancestors names in them and found they were in California before it was a state... I also have a box full of old 1800's pictures of people who I have no clue who they are.... it is very addictive

Jana... is the fire you're talking about the one in Santa Cruz? My son is a volunteer and they had him cover a firestation with other volunteers so that the fire crew could go on a strike team... I will have to look at the Cal Fire map I thought there was another one aroun Livermore...

Jerry took me to dinner tonight and Mexican food always makes me thirsty and tired...so I am going to go put my feet up and read a book...

ttfn,
Chriss
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Chris I think that is great maybe you have a long distant relative that might be abel to help you to make out who they might be .

I remember when my MIL passed we took out the photo albums out and looked and had alot of laughs about the pictures and it helped them to relax a little when we had to go to the funeral the next day.

Lois

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Hello!! Hello!!

I see you have all been busy today. Me too! Work went rather fast.
I am just happy it is over..next week I do not have to work alone because there will be 5 babies.
The humidity has dropped <<happy dance>>!! I am feeling a little more human.

I was supposed to go to Massachusett tonight for a lawyers appointment. We sisters are still trying to force our 'brother' to hand over the check book. He was supposed to a year and a half ago. There is always one sibling that wants more than their share. I am extra lucky I have two greedy siblings. One after the Dad's $$$$ and one after the Mom;s $$. What a wast of a persons life, stealing from your sisters.

The bright side is I get to go to my BOM class on Sat. I will have to make my block tomorrow in between staining and polyurethaning the new door. Sat I will paint the new trim on the outside of the door. Can you see me doing this???? I will drag the picnic table over to the door, from the inside I will just step out on to the table. I have done this before so I know it will work. I just can not wait to get this all done. One thing to check off the moving list!!

I am off to shower, Then I will start to cut my block.

Kathy

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I posted in chit chat prayer requests for my friend Lydia. She had a mower accident today. Please uplift her in your prayers.

Vicky

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:44 pm

hey all, you all been working might hard today. I have been hand blinding and watch movies one was Saints and Solders and the other one was Lakeview Terrace now that was great movie. It is cool here now after the rain we had today. Back to blinding.

Return to “Sew ins”