Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday August 12,2009

Daily discussions.
Cathy32078

Re: Happy Wednesday August 12,2009

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:36 am

FarmChick you just tickled me to pieces when I read that you & your DH went & parked in your pasture at midnight. LOL Lord that brought back memories from the past! Only I wasn't star watching. ROFLOL Girlfriend you are so much fun. LOL They said on the news at noon that tonight around 11:00 off to the NE should be some wonderful sights. May have to sit outside and watch. Too bad DH is off at the Rig. Maybe I could get him to go parking. LOL

Swtsarah you go girl. You tell them to leave you alone & that you are going to go to your room and enjoy sewing! What are you going to work on? After I go to the Dr here in a few minutes, when I get back I am going to work on some applque some more. I am slower that a slug! BBL

Love Ya'll

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 am

I have a box of scraps ready to go.....does anyone want them??

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:01 am

Morning everyone - glad to see that you are all here - its been a busy morning -

Around here I have been sewing on the Candy Cane quilt over in the Swaps thread - got block one done!! After I had started the paper piecing - I realized that using two different printers screwed up the sizing of the pattern piece - at midnight last night they didn't fit - one was about 1/2 inch bigger in all dimensions - so being the very smart person that I am -LOL - I trimmed the bigger block to match the smaller - WRONG - it came out an inch to small - so I started over this time and paid more attention and it came out great!! The first block is now residing in the trash can next to the sewing machine. Off to the store to get more fabric so that I will have enough!! If DH cooperates I will post its pic in the thread over there.

DH wasn't picked for his jury either yesterday. It seems that it was a civil suit against a police department and since our youngest DS is a deputy, the judge thought better of not having him on the jury!! Now I can plan to kidnap DH and go somewhere - Humm - maybe San Diego and I can go to QIAD - he can just tag along and hold bolts of fabric for me!!! LOL

Have a great day and a short one if you are work - BBL
Jana

northbound

Post by northbound » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:31 am

Sandy, I think Caroline1947 would be interested in the scraps. She posted a beautiful scrappy quilt a few days ago. I PMed her to let her know you have a box available.
Sharon C.
-----------
Can't get the image to come up. Check out her quilt in the Photos section, title is "What 'we' made today. . . "

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:46 am

Jana--save the block you discarded and make a holiday potholder, coaster or candle jar pad. Or, use it on the back when you do a label. The candy cane pattern is really cute! An excuse to shop again. <grin!>'
It helps to have friends and relation in law enforcement. My daughter is a DNA analyst at a crime lab, and nephew is a police officer. I got passed over when I got called for jury duty, too.

Cathy, I got the name of the meteor shower wrong. It is Persides. It was fun going out to the pasture at midnight. LOL <grin!> We were in a Nissan pick-up with bucket seats and a console, and a bedful of sacks of feed. There wasn't much we could do EXCEPT look at the stars!!! LOL I think at 17 he would have had a different vehicle. Well, HE did, a 39 Buick with a huge back seat!!! I didn't date him in high school. He liked a little petite girl and they were married 38 years before she died. We got together at our 40th class reunion after our spouses died two years before, and just 3 weeks apart. We got married 2 years after the class reunion.
Hope your Dr. apt turns out well! Thinking of you.

I got the grape jam finished! Whohoo!!! I must be an over achiever when picking the grapes, as I ended up enough for two batches. Luckily I bought two packs of pectin and 12 lids while in town yesterday and found 12 jars in one of the storage buildings. I had one left over. DH will get pb&j when he gets home for a late lunch. I'll take a jar to my mom in town tomorrow when I check on her. She said to make jelly not jam. I don't always listen to her. LOL

Sarah, don't blame you for getting away to your sewing room!!! Get mad and get creative!!! LOL!!!

Sharon, your charity work is incredibly nice!!! I know they appreciate your dedication and hard work. Enjoy!!!

Carole--so sorry Roxy got into trouble! Unfortunately, now she will be on a bad dog list and watched for mishaps. I hope you can find an obedience class. The city recreation dept offers them around here sometimes.

Hope you are all having a productive, stress-free day!!! BBL

P.S. wish I could remember the spell-check!

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:51 am

oh my scracpy i love them i know who love them too and that is Amie she does not get on the sew in. i have to much of fabric to thinking about it lol.

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 am

Just got in from mowing the grass..........boy am I glad that's done! It quit raining this morning and the sun came out and dried things up enough to mow. Of course it brought some humidity too!! Now I'm having a nice tall glass of ice water and trying to cool off some before I shower and get back to my sewing room. All the blocks are almost put together into rows then I'll put on the borders and the top will be finished!! Well I'm gonna read a little and hit the shower! BBL

Sandy

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:39 am

Good Afternoon Everyone!
I got up late this morning so did not post. I have the base coat and the first coat done. I always do two coats of paint. I am enjoying a late lunch and lemonade.

FarmChick - Congratulations on finishing the grape jam! It is a lot of work. Watching the meteor shower sounds like fun! My DH would really enjoy it.

Sandy - I think Joanne is another person who would love the scraps, but she won't be on for a few days.

I must go. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Carol

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi to all, just checking in. DH helped me down here to catch up a little, I don't know how long it'll take me but if I do a little at a time, it won't be so bad. Recovery is going to take longer than expected but the surgery did go well and we're so thankful about that. Hope everyone has a good night. I've missed you all!

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

I sent a batch of scrapsto someone, but can't remember who and the messages only stay for 30 days. I looked at Carolines's quilt, but these scraps are probably not big enough for that type of quilt. The scraps are alot smaller

Return to “Sew ins”