Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday August 12,2009

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Happy Wednesday August 12,2009

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi I am back. Well My Dh came home and said I did all the right things,,,I even fixed my own computer. IT WASN'T FACEBOOK. My Dh said it was a bogus site that was trying to get me to log in to his computer and give my account info. I shut it down so I was good. My problem with this computer was Firefox. It crashed not my computer....I switched to internet explorere and everything works ok. Just slower., Don't be afraid of facebook they are pretty well protected, It would be the same risk as QIAD, You are more at risk opening Emails sent from people to you. Well I got the laundry done and am out of my food coma. Actually it feels pretty good to be home and back with you all. Im gonna sew for a few and will be back in a bit.....

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi all

Well I finished my Lap size version of summer porch mine is called Fall porch it's from ELs book through the seasons and I must add it was very easy I will post pictures of my twisted star ,my tabel top from how charming, and now fall porch .

Im not trying to brag it's just that I can't believe I did all of these .

Thanks for the insentives.
Lois

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Evening all,

I am bushed!!! I babysat all day, stopped by Walmart and petsmart to get some things for my parakeet. Bought her a new water bowl, feeder, bird bath for her cage, and some food. She really likes allof it. Then got home, washed the dishes left from last night, schucked 3 dozen ears of corn, fixed some of it for dinner tonight , and am freezing the rest. Had to tie up the 6 tomato plants tonight because they are over 8 feet tall and all over the place. So I took some of my strips of fabric that I was going to use in a quilt, and tied up the plants. Also done a load of laundry. I am starting to feel like a farmers wife. Do I have a new respect for you ladies. Don't know how you do it. And now I have to go take a shower and go to bed. this is one tired puppy!!!!!!!!!!

I did get some quilting done on the baby quilt today while watching JOrdan and will do the same tomorrow. Am staying with my sister tomorrow night so that I can be at Jordan's before 6 am Friday morning. Since she only lives 6 miles from there it doesn't make sense to drive all the way home and drive back.

Saturday I am going to a farm and picking a couple of bushes of corn so that I can freeze it. I may even try to can some of it.

Have a good evening, talk soon,

Vivian1970

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Kho Sandy, I think it's cute that your DGD sings twinkle star.. how old is she now?

Joanne, I will miss you but hope you have fun...

Luv2.. next time it rains send it to me... I would really enjoy a stormy rainy night with thunder...

Chrissy... I am so glad you had fun.

Grammie... did that laundry ever get done?

Sandy, instead of mowing why don't you just buy a sheep... or a cow... it would eat the grass and you would never have to mow again.... I am just so brilliant...lol...

Carole... I am sorry I don't remember what kind of a dog Roxy is... but when I picture a Roxy I picture a boxer.... and when you say she started it I really picture a boxer... up on two legs with gloves on.... I hope she will be ok....

Farmchick... I really wanted to watch the meteor's last night but have to work and there wouldn't be much sleep time... I am glad you enjoyed it.... funny your mom wants jelly and not jam.. reminds me of when I made tamales for my grandma...

Cindy, you are a cool grandma.. I bet he loves having you chauffer him around...

Carolyn, I can't believe school starts in only a week... seems like summer vacation just began...

Sharon, whatcha makin??

Cathy, I won't be going back to facebook either... every time we get on it hangs up our computer... and the last time we were on it it gave us a virus... we had to change back to our old computer.. we can't even get anywhere on the one with the virus.. they want our credit card number to protect us... well Norton didn't protect us... how could they.... grrrrr.... and I thought the same thing when I saw Farmchick was parking... two little lovers sittin in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g....lol

Sarah, really good to have you around again.. things must be looking up for you... you are still in my prayers.

Sandy, I wish I could remember who I sent scraps to before....but I am forgetful....I kind of think it was Vicky... mom of 6????

Jana... sorry about the block... but it might make a good throw pillow or a huge pin cushion...lol

Q7... can't wait to hear how the painting comes out... if you find it way too fun and can't get enough feel free to head this way...lol.

MaryEllen... so glad you are up and typing... woo hoo... and I am thrilled that all went well...

Lois, I am so excited about seeing pictures of that quilt... I will go there as soon as I am done here and I will wait till it's posted... unless my bedtime comes first..lol...

Vivian.. you are one busy woman... wow...

after work I went to the grocery store.... and came home and fixed pork chops...we had sliced tomatoes with them... still tons of tomatoes..... I am trying to get Marilyn this weekend to take her clothes shopping.... and we got a call from DH's neice she will be in town from Kansas over labor day... so we will go see her for a bbq... her mom lives in Hayward and I haven't seen her in a few years... this is the part of Jerry's family I like...

I am pooped so I will say good night... hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Chriss
Psalm 91

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Vivian--I save my selvedges for tying up my plants.

MaryEllen--Wonderful to hear you are back and doing well!!! Try to enjoy your time recuperating--no vacuuming, no laundry, no housework... You are delicate, and you MUST recuperate. Only can do sewing... Milk it, Girl!!! LOL!!!

Some of my DGKs start school this Friday! That's inhumane!!! The others start the 24th. I remember when we went the day after Labor Day and got out the Friday before Memorial Day. In San Francisco, we didn't start until the middle of Sept. and got out in June. Times sure have changed.

Grammiequilts--doesn't it make you feel good to get an "atta girl" from DH for fixing your computer yourself!

Chriss--what part of Kansas is DH's niece from? Enjoy your visit!

We may go watch the meteors again tonight. I'm just fascinated with them. I watched Hallieys Comet all the time when it was visible several years ago. I'm just fascinated with anything to do with the sky--clouds, sunrise, sunset, stars, meteors, comets... My dad used to point out the constellations to me, and he used a sextant figure out directions to guide his big ships. I'm suffering from only 4.5 hours of sleep, so we'll see how I feel when it's time to go view. Maybe I can sneak in a little nap before...

Lois, I'm going to go check out your quilts! I have some charm squares that I might make a small quilt with from the "porch" pattern. I could cut the diagonals and sashings a little smaller than the original pattern. I really like it! You HAVE been busy!!! Busy hands are happy hands! Sew true!!!

Sandy, goats are really good grass eaters, however they are indiscriminate munchers. They LOVE gardens--veggies or flowers!!! The voice of experience speaks. DH got me three nannies not too long after we were married--kind of for laughs. They were meat goats, not milk goats, so they didn't get milked just looked adorable. They had the realy long ears and were really cute. He also brought home a Billy named Godzilla. (You'll have to ask the nannies how he got that name! LOL) All three nannies were preggers, and in three days they produced three sets of twins!!! I got to see one set be born! It was really neat for the city girl just turned country gal. The babies were absolutely the cutest little animals I've ever seen!!! The indiscriminate grazing and fence jumping got the bunch of them in trouble around the area, so they were sold to someone who had a bunch of weeded lots that needed cleaned up.

I need to get off here.. TTYL or tomorrow... Enjoy the evening!!!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey the laundry got done. The house got cleaned. Tomorrow I need to iron. It amazes me how much I get done when the computer is down.... I also baked 2 loaves of banana nut bread....ok Im an over achiever, I have to go to DD house to babysit tomorrow so I won't get back to sewing until saturday.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:56 pm

For you ladies with the Scraps to give away, some of the members sent scraps to our Scrap Auntie "Leetec" She hasn't posted in a while. I'm not sure if she is living in Ohio or NY. I miss her posts, I do know that. Caroline1947 may want them. You could PM her & ask. Natalie would probably love the small pieces.

Whew! I am pooped. Got to do the floors in the morning and mow, then the day will hopefully be mine. Oldest DGS is going out to the college to get his books. *sniff sniff* He is not old enough to be going into college! Surely this is some mean trick someone is playin' on me & him. I mean, I'm not old enough to have an 18 yr old grandson. Geez! Shoot I'm only 29! Cindyg says she is 39 but I ain't THAT old! Ohhh nooooo! I'm 29 & stickin' to it. LOL

I hope all of you had a great day. Sounds like it was productive for many of you. If I was not so tired I would go sit out and watch the Meteor Shower later. It has been a long day. Think I will just turn in soon. I'll see you Angels tomorrow.

Sleep Well & Sweet Dreams
Love You All

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Today been same as the past four day nothing much done. I got one of my swaps that i was in from somewhere else its just pee off how someone can be so lazy and so dang dumb how to host a swap. Im done pee off now. And i hope its get back to her. Im glad she knew i was not happy how she did it either. shame on u.

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Any of you West Coasters still up? I finally got to have the computer on. We had a rain storm, lightening and thunder. I'm thankful for the rain, unfortunately it came with a power outage. 2hrs. Was 8:25 pm to 10:25 pm.

Jeanne

Return to “Sew ins”