Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Tuesday August 11,2009

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Happy Tuesday August 11,2009

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 am

Good morning everyone - Looks like the only two West Coasters that are up so far have Jury duty. DH got the word last night that he has to report very early this morning - maybe he will get thrown off - they usually don't like engineers as they have to really prove their case!!

Good luck Chriss for your 4 hours and one minute!!

Like others who have furballs - mine doesn't like not to be petted for the whole night, so he wakes me up for his loves then he goes back to sleep and I stay awake!!

It is still hot here too - but the good thing is that we will be under 100 - not by much though!! Already it is close to 80 outside and it is just 6:30 in the morning!!

Well I will get the rest of the uglies done early this morning and then wait for my LQS to open and go search for some reds to make Alina's Candy Cane quilt sew along. I looked and got hooked!!

Have a great day and stay as cool as you can - I'm hiding with the A/C

Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 am

Hi, All!

I'm sitting here at the computer with the window wide open listening to POURING RAIN!! Can you hear the it? And the sucking sound of my parched plants drinking it all in?? Other than 1/4 inch of rain last July 12, this is the first measurable rain we've had in 3 months. Oh, it's so lovely! My skin will love it, too!

Lois, you and a few others have mentioned a Front Porch Quilt lately. I don't know what that is. I'm going to look on-line later. It sounds intriguing.

Farmchick, your sunrise sounds beautiful! What a great comparison - batik fabric! Makes the picture you are describing nice and clear!

Joanne, good luck with the inspecter. And have fun with your DGD! What fun for you that she is involved with your heart's project! But I bet those costumes are hot. Are you wearing all the traditional undies and petticoats, too?

Maryq, Is there any chance your DD's BF's mother would like to come on vacation to Washington?? I could use a cook!

Chriss, good luck with your 4 hours and a minute! I've always wanted to serve on a jury, but I'll never get to because I've been the vicitim of a crime. Even knowing that up front, they still made me sit all day through the selection process before curtly dismissing me at the end of the day. At least I got to see that part of the process!

Still raining! >^o^<

Vicky, the pool sounds like the place to be in the heat!

Bev, the kitties this morning are PURR-fect!

Dorothy, I like Chriss's idea of cake to celebrate your last fishy day. I'll be there!

Kathy, hope your work day doesn't "crawl" along. ;o) Get it? You work with "crawling" babies. oh well. Have a nice day!

I'm going to finish setting up my play-rooms today, fine-tune the rest of the house, and I'll be sitting pretty for some guilt-free relaxation!! Sew? Read? Nap? Maybe all three!

Blessings on everyone today!

mary z

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 am

Good morning to you, too, Cindy and Jana! we were "walking on each other" as they say in CB lingo. Hope you each have a nice day! mz

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:52 am

good morning...yawn....I wanted to sleep in but John woke me up to tell me he was leaving early to go to the school district for a meeting and that my alarm would go off in 45 minutes. huh? oh well I know he just wanted me to not worry when I realized he wasn't home, but a note would have sufficed. I am going to cover for 5 hours at the hospital today.

I posted a few photos of the quilt I made for the wedding we just went to in NY.

Let's see what else can I share about my trip...oh did I tell you yesterday that while we were gone the friends staying at our house had an emergency. My friend who is on medical disability and her 18 year old daughter were house sitting (they are are regulars since they live in a tiny apt this is a vacation for them) Well my friend got sick and finally on Thursday went to the hospital with an e-coli infection in her kidney. She is still in the hospital. She had gone to the store earlier in the day and rushed back leaving her car parked partly on our lawn blocking the sidewalk (against city code) Her daughter doesn't drive and didn't have keys so yesterday John had to zoom to the hospital to retrieve keys so that it wouldn't be cited and towed. The Police were at our door by about 8:30 yesterday morning. arrgg....

MaryZ..keep the rain there so that you finally have a cooling effect then send it on down the coast.

off to grab some coffee back in awhile to read and catch-up

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 am

Good Morning Everyone -
There are too many posts already this morning to respond to everyone. My DH left on a trip at 4:00 this morning. He was rummaging around for at least 30 minutes and made sure I was awake when he left. lol I will enjoy not having my sleep interrupted tonight!

I must decide whether to paint my bathroom today and tomorrow. I really need to get it done and this would be a good opportunity. It is not too hot here to do it. I think it would be a great plan. Exercise is also on the plan today.

For those suffering with the heat - Find a cool spot and take sewing with you.

For those working - Have a speedy, smooth day which doesn't tire you, so you can go home and sew.

For those on Jury Duty - Take a quilting magazine or book with you and enjoy waiting in the Jury room.

Everyone - Have a Great Day!!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:20 am

Morning all!

I would love to serve on jury duty but they never call me :O(
Chriss I hope its 4 hours and 1 minute for you LOL!

Cindy what a nice group of friends to come to you to go out to lunch! Enjoy.

Vicky enjoy the pool

Kathy to hot to sew holy cow it must have been like living on the sun ;0)

Cute kittens Bev!

yeah Dorothy no more feeding the fish!

Joanne you can come clean my fridge next LOL!!

Carolyn have a good day at the hospital, I am sorry your friend got sick.

Lois sorry its so hot.

Well the kids have promised for my birthday they will actually clean the house, we will see.

HUGS to all!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:46 am

Jana - isn't Alina's candy cane quilt just the cutest??? Please show us a picture when you are done with yours.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:56 am

Purrfect - I envy you the rain. We are so behind in rainfall and we're so hot and muggy. I thought we had more rain than we did. Come to find out we didn't even get 1/2". They are saying we could get more this afternoon so my fingers are crossed.

Carolyn - you wedding quilt is just beautiful. I saw it earlier.

Q7 - you can paint your bathroom by yourself? Are you tall? I can hardly reach the ceiling even when I stand on a ladder in a regular room. In the bathroom there's too many things to have to reach over and there's just no way when you are vertically challenged. And I love to paint - I love how fresh and clean things look after painting.

CArin - have a blessed birthday.

kho

Post by kho » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:01 am

Good Morning, The stitches came out of the horse. The vet was here and cut off the skin that was hanging down. The ne rinsed it out and put a wrap on it to stop the bleeding. It will fall off today and then we start the hosing process. Twice a day for 30 minutes each. Afterwards we apply a vet product on it and some fly spray. As the vet finishes wrapping it our DGD who is watching all of this says "Ta DA" Too funny. We have a new calf as of yesterday. We think it's a bull calf, it's face and front half are red, and the back half is red with large white spots. We now have 2 calves. The kittens are starting to play with each other. They are still in the shed. I have the incubator going. Later this week we will pt a few eggs in it. We are reading a book to DGD about an egg that jumps and out comes a baby bird. It goes looking for it's mom. We are baling hay again this afternoon. DH is picking up his oats now. It's going to be a hot one today.
That's about all the news here!! Sandy, waiting for the peaches

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 am

Happy Tuesday Everyone. Wayyy too many posts to reply to each one but I sure enjoyed reading them! So sorry that the heat wave has made it to you guys and broke your nice, cool weather you've been having. We have had thunderstorms last night & again this morning. Just looked & we have 1 1/2 inch of rain in the rain gauge. But better than that, here after 10 o'clock it is only 70 degrees! Oh I love love love that!!! So very nice. It is cloudy, thundering in the distance and just my kind of day.

Don't know what is on my agenda today except to look for a sm sewing bag that I have misplaced. I have looked everywhere in this house and in every nook & cranny & it is gone! I had it out the other day & was going to unpack it but it had a couple of 5 in squares that I needed. In the meantime I was going through the closet & rearranging & throwing out. The only thing of real value in the bag was a pr of Gingher Scissors. I have sev prs but it is bugging me that the whole bag is missing. I would bet that it got covered up with junk that went to the garbage that evening. I am notorious for doing that & it makes me so mad at me. I am going to look again today, through every single thing & if I do not find it, will def. assume it is gone to the landfill. It did also contain a few fat 1/8ths of Fall Fairy Frost and some other pcs of fabric for a sm. Fall applique wallhanging that I was going to do. Do not even remember the name of it. grrrrr Oh well. I have got to start paying more attention to what is being carried out to the garbage! This is happening too often.Last Christmas, sev. gift got carried out before they got wrapped right before the garbage men picked up our garbage! Oh well, such is life.

Well I hope all of you have a wonderful day and find joy somewhere in doing whatever you are going to do today. For those enduring hot weather, I can sure relate to the misery, so please try to stay inside and drink extra water. Joanne I'll be thinking of you & the DGD's in your Costumes. Will pop in later on today. Maybe the bag with feet will reappear. LOL I doubt that since I've looked for days already.

Love You All

Return to “Sew ins”