Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, August 9

Daily discussions.
GrandmaTaz

Re: Sunday, August 9

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 am

Good Morning all. I'm up early for me. I was so tired from working all week I think it caught up with me and last night I went to bed at 9:30 pm. But I woke up about 5 and have been wide awake. So since I didn't get on the computer last night here I am this morning.

Those who have a garden this year are lucky. Here in the Southwest it has been so hot and dry even the carrots aren't growing and they grow in anything.

Have been working on a special project and almost have the borders on and then it will be ready to go to the quilter. I will post pics when the receipent has received it.

Hope you all have a great day.
[/img]

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:59 am

Good Morning everyone! Sunny and at 10am it is humid already! Ugh! Packing stuff to take to the log cabin at the showgrounds this afternoon. We'll go up there late this afternoon and visit with some of the campers. I'll take the 2 pairs of curtains I've made so far and check where to hem them. The final pair are cut out...I MIGHT make it!

Ya'll have been so busy! I've read everything, but it's too much to respond to right now. Hope you all have a great day!!

Joanne:0)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:06 am

Happy Sunday, Everyone! people are always teasing me because I get up so early, but they've never met you all!! I feel like a slug-a-bed here! LOL!

Today we are going to put our house back together after the big rug clean. I'm so glad to have this big chore almost behind us. Now, about that ominous odor coming from the septic tank . . . . . Seems there's never a lack of interesting things to do around here.

Oooh, Lois, what a nice way to spend the day, outside thumbing through quilting books looking for a new pattern to make! I have to come up with a new one, too. Look for ideas for me, too! My neice (age 43 and quite fun and sassy) carried my Sister's Choice quilt on the airplane back to Colorado to her mom to save my postage. But now thinks I should make her a quilt, too, to pay for the favor! She wants it to include bunnies, squirrels, pigs, and trees, both evergreen and deciduous. Those are her exact "specs", as she calls them.

Everyone have a nice day today, be you busy with beans, quilt books, family, sewing, plumbing, uglies, or whatever.

Mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:09 am

mornin' all...

Lois, what are you looking for? either way, I love to look through my books... I wonder if I will ever make half of the quilts in the books...lol

Kathy, how are those doors? I bet they look great.

Vicky, sit near a window at church... maybe it will be the next best thing to being outside....

Suzette.. it seems taht these kinds of troubles never happen when we don't have plans to be some where... I was on my way to a school board meeting when my waterheater busted... ugh... but that was long ago...

Quiltnewby... thanks for the update on MaryEllen although I was hoping she was home sewing with out a care in the world... if you do go see her give her my best...I will keep her in myprayers.... sorry about your new patient... why type of work do you do?

Sandy, what a cool yard sale idea... I saw something like that on 60 minutes.... as for Joann's... they don't seem to know which direction they need to be going do they?

Bev... it is supposed to start warming up here too... should be 100 tomorrow.. blech...

wow Mary, your mom sure had a lot of stuff... makes me think I should weed through my stuff and get rid of some of it.. we have so much in the garage that has been there for years, untouched... don't even know what we have...

Taz... love your graphic

Joanne, have a fun day... glad the windows will have curtains...

Pat.. that's a lot of beans.... you must have an amazing garden.

Maryz... amazing how those septic tanks seem to get full overnight... ugh

I am sitting here typing while listening to the washer.. it stops and starts often... each time it stops I get up and head in that direction to only have it start up again... grrr... but it is mylast load for the weekend.. then I will unload the dishwasher, maybe cook some breakfast, and sew...

you all have a wonderful day
Chriss
edited to say good morning to Mary who posted when I did...
Psalm 91

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:15 am

GrandmaTaz, I feel like your furry green guy. I need to vent a little.
My place backs up to a golf course and on the side are single family residences whose back yards also back up the course. Last night one of the homeowners had a rock concert. It was LOUD, WHOOPING AND HOLLERING AND SING ALONGS til 4:30 this morning!!! I almost called the police but kept thinking it'll stop anytime now, by 4 a.m. I thought it was too late. What gives them the right to infringe on my right to get a good night sleep?

To begin with I am a very light sleeper, I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep a night without Benadryl. I can't sleep during the day so a nap is out. So now I'm dragging butt and my eyes feel like two burnt holes in a blanket and they are probably fast asleep! I'm surprised the neighbors haven't complained...they were probably there. OK I'm done; I'll try to work on my Day and Night quilt and hope to sew some straight seams. Have a good day everyone, Lucie

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:20 am

Morning all,

Joanne is right!! It is humid already here is SW Ohio. But its about time. We have had wonderful weather all summer. So now we are going to pay for it.

Spent the day yesterday with old classmates. Had a wonderful time. Can't wait to do it next year.

Also found out the dates of the South Lebanon Quilt show for next year. It will be June 11, 12 & 13th. It is held in the old elementary school in the village of South Lebanon in Warren County. It was such a big hit that they were able to donate $5,000.00 to South Lebanon. This is where I went to school when I was a kid. KInda neat to be able to go back through the school and find that it hasn't changed in all these years. In the gymnasium they hung quilts in a maze and there must have been 300 quilts in there alone. So I have marked my calendar to attend. Hope you do too.

Well I am off to start my day. Going to take some chicken out of the freezer so that i can make a chicken broccoli casserole this afternoon for dinner. Then I am hooking up the sewing machine and ironing board so I can sew all day. Will turn on the radio on the oldies and just groove all day.

Have a great day, I plan too.

Vivian1970

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:48 am

Hi again!
Sounds like everyone is pretty busy today!

Taz I love your picture

Lucie-- I would have called the police at midnight:)-- that's the way I am. My son is talking about buying a house-- he was saying it would be quieter, and I told him that he could have just as much noise in a house!!

Chriss I work in a Dialysis unit. There are all kinds of reasons people's kidneys fail, but this new patient (I can't say TOO much legally) had such a bright future, isn't even 50, and now doesn't have much of a life at all... you just never know. I've gotten to the point that if I'm walking, talking, able to work, I am EXTREMELY grateful.

Oh well, enough sadness, on to my sewing!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 am

Hi all

Well I found the pattern for my GS quilt it's in christmas at Bear paws ranch it's the Rudolphs four patch back in april I purchased from connecting threads the forest fun fabric and I just know that it's suited for this quilt.

Chris Im with you I don't think I will ever have time to do everyone of these quilts in all these books.

PS we could sure have fun trying.

Lois

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:02 am

HELLO!!!!

All my uglies are done(O:(o:!!! Went to water my flowers and was attacked my mosquitoes. One elbow has 3 bites but it feels like 30..LOL!!!

Vicky...I bet the newlyweds loved the quilt. Who wouldn't!!!

Suzette...what quilt are you making for your niece? Sorry about that water mess...How is the new washer working?? My new one(1yr)is so quiet.

quiltnewby...you are working on a niece's quilt too. There are some very lucky nieces out there.
So sorry to here about Mary Ellen's post op problems.I will pray for her...thanks for letting us know.

Sandy...I think I saw that yard crawl on TV. That is one long yard sale.

Bev...hope you are keeping your cool canning all those tomatoes. That is a lot of work but so worth it.

Mary...all your Mom's things is a lesson for us all. Thin out our poss ions now and give things to family and friends. But not our quilting things.

Taz...have a good day working on that special quilt.

Joanne...that was a fast job on the curtains.

Maryz..OH Mary...what a smell. Mine backed up once & once was a enough. Good Luck.

Chriss...door loos good. Can not wait to finish it. First weekend I am free I will take care of it inside and out.
Helpful hint::washing machines,,,,turn up radio to drown out noise...LOL

Off to do a little work on the table runner before DD gets here for lunch...Kathy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:27 am

Sandy, is that yard sale part of the 100 yard sale that starts in KY??? I forget the Route # but they do it every year...can't remember where it ends...thought it was Alabama..

I have the third pair of curtains with the header sewn...so all three pairs are ready to mark the hems! Whooo Hoooo! I can do this!!

Fixing breakfast...I want eggs, DH wants biscuits and gravy...we'll have both!

See ya later!
Joanne:0)

Return to “Sew ins”