Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Daily discussions.
macdor

Re: GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Post by macdor » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:27 am

Afternoon everyone.

I have three and half days left of this fish duty. Have not kill anymore, as of right now have things under control. Because we have not had rain in four days had to do some watering. If Todd was here we would of had rain everyday. Did all that early for it is 95 out that is warm. There is a little breeze, I can see the wash on the line moving. Staying inside for the last hour have heard the police helicopter flying over. We live in a pretty safe part of Kissimmee, but being Fl. things do happen and they are looking for someone. Don't like the crime we have in the Orlando area. But, right now there isn't anything I can do about it.

Have been working on the placemats for Todd's family. (Gift when we go in first part of Sept.) Made corn meal muffins. That about it for me today. Think I will treat myself and go out for dinner, need to pick up a perception. Will do both at the same time.

FarmChick - I use to put disposal adult diapers under my MIL. I had the ones that would lay flat. My prayer are with you today, I know what you are going threw.

SewSew - I like your quilt, very nice job.

Everyone have read your post, wish I could answer all. Just to many, everyone have a great day where ever the day takes you.

Off to work some more on the placemats.

DorothyM

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:28 am

Hi, Pat-- 'Tis the season for putting up produce! I used to freeze grated zucchini and squash in baggies in the amounts needed for zucchini cookies, breads or cake. Also froze baggies of it grated for adding to soups, chili or lasagna. Wish I could be there to help!!!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 am

Dorothy-- Thank you for the flat diaper suggestion! They are probably cheaper than the pads. I was going to get some of those disposable "blue pads" like they use in the hospital to have on hand for next month. I had them when DH was on hospice.

Good luck on the fish! That would make me crazy worrying about them.

Enjoy sewing on the placemats!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 am

Rosie you are def. going to be held in my prayers! You better tell us Sisters things like that so we can be thinking of you & praying for you! Sorry about little Chrissie too. Poor thing.

Pat you are one truly lady with very Busyhands! I cracked up over your dogs! LOL Your food will sure be tasty this Winter!

FarmChick bless your heart. Your MIL is fortunate to have you. I keep telling myself over & over that I sure hope I am not going to be like my parents someday! LOL It scares me because I don't have kids that I want to think about being in the care of! LOL

About my call to drive an hour, one way, to look at some leaves found in my Dad's garden. First let me remind yall that Mom just had Cataract surgery & unknown by any of us, her sight was so bad that she could not see Dad's facial features when sitting 4 feet from him! And she had been driving. Okay I grab my shoes, purse & off I go. Get down there & dad takes me to the patio. They live on a huge corner lot. Probably an acre or maybe more. His big garden is out by the road and he refuses to put up a fence. So on the patio table I immed. see 2 Marijuana (sp?) leaves all wilted. I said "Dad what in this world?" He said yes, this is exactly what I found out between the tomatoes, okra & squash. Mom goes out every week & Miracle Grows the garden and has all Summer. She also has some Zinnias and some other mixed flowers strewn out bordering the garden. I asked him what he did with the plants and how many were there? Oh there were two big plants. I chopped them up and set fire to them in the charcoaler. I went weak in my knees just thinking what if somebody had smelled the odor & reported them! What if the police had drove by and found them growing! He said he has seen footprints out in & around his garden after he has watered & they weren't his. So I guess some punk kid had him a couple plants growing. Grrrrrr And here Mom had been fertilizing them well! I got the grate from the charcoaler & the lid and scrubbed it good just in case some of the residue was left, I didn't want it on food! I tell ya, they need to be near me or my brothers so we can check on them daily. But he will not even talk about moving and giving up his place. He is as stubborn as a mule! My 2 brothers live 30 minutes away from them where their Drs & the hosp. is located. Who do they always call? Me! Day or night, I get the call. Two weeks ago at 11 oclock they called me to tell me they were having storms and their electricity was out. What could I do? Did they call the 2 boys? No! I asked them if they needed anything. No, we just wanted to tell you. SO I told them to take flashlights & the cell phone and go on to bed and they would be okay. Sure enough they called me back within an hr to tell me that they had power again. Right across the Street from me is a very nice home for sale but they refuse to discuss moving. Why? It doesn't have the gigantic lawn. Which he is not going to be able to care for much longer anyway. If he doesn't start watching his garden better he may be in jail anyway. LOL I figure some kid knows there are old geezers living there so what the heck. Scares me. So that is the story behind going to look at leaves found in the garden. It was a very hectic day anyway & I did not feel well, but that took almost 3 hrs out of the day. LOL Bless their hearts, yes I hope I do not end up like my parents. Got to go finish mowing. Got the back done, now the front. Ugh! 97 degrees now. Fun stuff. LOL

Love Yall

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:58 am

OMG! Cathy!!! At first the story was funny as all get out, if it was anyone else!!! I'm afraid I'd have called the police right then so they could catch the perps who would take such advantage or old folks. They are the criminals, not your folks!!! That's the kind of stuff that makes the news!!! I'm so sorry for you!!! In this family, the brothers take care of the mothers--at least the brother's wives do the bulk of it. Her daughter will have NO part of it. Too inconvenient for her lifestyle of trips and fun and motorcycling with her husband. Your poor mother--driving!!! YIKES!!! MIL took out a stop sign one night coming home from eating out with a cousin. Everything was o.k. but still... She keeps telling us she can still drive. NOT!!! That's the dementia, I'm sure.

Well, DH made it back from his mess at the duplex. I have to wash his clothes and de-stink them now. Also wants a late lunch.

Women's work is never done... nor landlord's in his case.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 am

Q7, sounds like a great day... hope you're having fun

Irishgram.... I think you need ice cream... Icecream is a super way to get rid of the funky's.... yep, and maybe some hot fudge sauce.. and perhaps whip cream.....yep... I think that will do the trick...

Cindy, what a fun time you will have.

Kathy, I have a fridge and it has coils... and I have a spare room for you to stay in...hint..lol

Lois, have fun sewing...

Carole, sounds interesting... SEX with colored samples... hmmmm?? hope it's the best ever...

Cathy, how funny... getting called to look at leaves.... my grandmother lives next door and after grandpa died it is kind of my job to look out for her... well she calls often... come see if this pipe is leaking.... do you think this is ok.... this feels warm... girlfriend... you don't want them that close... you will be there ALL the time...lol....

Vicky, I have a Jury summons too... it is to report on the 11th... I have gotten many summons but we have to call a phone number to see if they really want us there and I usually don't have to go because things are settled ahead of the court date.... maybe you will get lucky?

Rosie, I have never cooked a brisket in my life.. wouldn't even know where to start..... as for the mamogram... I pray it goes well.

Pat.. is there anything you don't plant??? do Kidney beans grow like green beans? I never thought of growing any other kind of bean but a green bean... I am learning quite a bit from you...

Dorothy, can't wait to see the placemats... hope you post a picture.

ok, I think I will make myself some lunch, kick back and read Cathy's story....

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am

Happy to you all!!!!!!

The door is in and works smoothly. All I have to do is clean and vac. Oh Yes, I have to stain & poly the inside of the door and the new out side trim is primed white so I must paint it brown. I will do it standing on the picnic table. I will have DD1 take a photo of me...LOL One more thing off the list.(0: (0:

Whereto start with to days posts?

Rosie....of course you should tell us. How else will we know to prayer for you. I will be praying for you.(:
The brisket..that is not being lazy!! It is just plane good planing..saving energy and resources.

Dorothy....I have been to you home town!! In the mid 80's we went yo see Mickey Mouse.

Cathy... OH my goodness what a story!! I think you are right someone slipped them in there hoping they would not be seen. You should have called the police. Then they could keep an eye on you Dad's tomatoes.

FarmChick...MILs...I won't start on mine, she is now dead. Her son wanted her to move in with us. I said I would never tell him no. After all she is "his" mother! BUT "he' would have to take care in her every need. He never talked about it again. She went into a home in Conn. Need I tell you she did not like me. She had me call her Mrs Rogers!...LOL

SewSew... that is a beautiful quilt and you made it so fast. She is going to be so happy.

Vicky...here you have to call in daily to see if the call your number. Hopping they do not call yours.

Chriss....Sooooo your coils need cleaning...do you live near QIAD????

I am going to make a Margarita with extra line no salt...Kathy

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Chriss, You might be on to something...Of course ice cream in this house doesn't last too long, but I think I might have some sandwiches they haven't found yet....Hey, a couple of those and I'll be chipper again, couple of pounds heavier but chipper...

The troops made it home from the mountains, then went for a long bike ride and finally got back home in time for dinner...I told them to pretend they were on a picnic, I made chicken with the french fried onion breading and macaroni salad and zucchini bread for desert....After putting the water on for macaroni, discovered we didn't have any and I sure wasn't making a trip so I opened a box of mac and cheese and used the mac....Worked for me!

Rosie, Know you're in my thoughts and prayers....With everyone sending good thoughts, you'll be fine.....

Farmchick, I love reading your posts and I feel so bad for you having to take care of DMIL...I was very blessed to have a great MIL, she was truly one of a kind...AND she lived right next door and we got along great...She passed away about a month after her 99th birthday...But, hang in there, better days are coming.....

Well, I'm off to raid the freezer.....
Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi All,

Yes Chriss, the kidney bean grows like the green bean just let them stay on bush till shells turns brown and drying out. Then just shell them and freeze them. Rinse them before using .

Zucchini has been chopped for stir fry, some grated fine for breads measured out ready to use. I forgot to state that earlier.
So enjoying the garden been 2 years missed it.
got to go again. later.

Lori I hope you feel better soon, hope I didn't put too much on you?
Don't be gone long.
Pat

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:39 pm

I had to share these pics from the first b-day party at a local pool.

okay that is weird they show up bigger on photo bucket. :O(

Return to “Sew ins”