Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:26 am

Hi all Im back

went to walmart got some stuff for the GK'S there then went to sallys for my color for yes you guessed it my hair the grey halo is comming back .

went to Kohls and did some shopping they have som fablous stuff there and the prices arent to bad eithernow Im home haveing an early lunch and then it's off to the sewing room for some fun my DD and family will be here later.

Hope everyone continues to have a great day.

BBL Lois

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 am

Too early to leave the house for SEX, so checking in again...

Irishgram, so sorry you are feeling low today. Take care of yourself while you grieve the loss of your friend, and take the time you need to feel sad. Prayers for comfort being sent out.

Farmchick, did you see the pincushion that looks like a slice of cake? It works up SO cute; I made some as gifts for our Girl Scout leaders this past spring, they loved them! I stuffed them with dried corn cob material, it's usually used for cage filler/bedding for Guinea pigs and the like. Nice weight, nice and dry, too, so no worries about mildew.

The Cornerstones quilt is from QIAD's Still Stripping book. In my copy, the directions are on page 148. FAST and pretty! Made that one for my SIL, since she redecorated her bedroom in chocolate brown, golds, and denim blue.

SewSew, love the quilt, especially the fussy-cut bunny fabric. Very cute!

Time to go get my hair combed and teeth brushed. Need to get out my crayons and scribble some color samples to prepare for my SEX.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 am

Morning ladies!

Sounds like everyone is way busy today! I only have a second to pop in and say good morning. I too am way busy (who would have guesed I would have things to do on a Sat)

HUGS to all, Carin

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:00 am

Good Morning everyone. I am having computer issues today. Yippee. Not! Sounds like such a busy group today. Lots going on. Too many posts to reply to each one as I am running behind this morning. Have to go pick up my DD soon. SHe went out of town yesterday morn. for her job & will be at the airport soon. Anyway, Bev I do just LOVE that pic! I can almost hear the older hymns coming from inside. It is so calming and so peaceful looking. Would love to be wherever that is!

Have fabric in the dryer & a load in the washer. Wish to goodness I had started this years ago! LOL Geez what a job this has been! Have to mow today & a few uglies. Parents are coming tomorrow. Dad doesn't need to be driving this far but you cannot tell him a thing!!! When I have more time I will tell yall about being called down there this week to be shown a few leaves from his garden. OMG! I need them to move up here, like across the Street from me, so I can check on them daily but they will not hear to moving. Don't know how much more of this fun I can handle. I have 2 brothers that live closer to them but I get called & I live an hr away. I drop, grab my shoes and run. And usually cannot do a thing when I get there. But? I just wish they were closer to me so I could check on them every day.

Well I must run. I hope all of you have a very nice day!
Carolej you could have a field day making all kinds of neat things for your new home. I am anxious for you to get moved so you can enjoy it. So enjoy making fun, decorative things!

Love You All

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:01 am

Well it's noon here, I missed you all this morning. Been SO busy cleaning, but later we are going to my SIL pond for a cook out and swim in the pond (at least the kids will.)
I got a summons for Jury duty this morning in the mail. I have to say I'm not to happy about it, the last week of my summer vacation, swimming lessons would be over and I had big plans of taking time to SEW! Now I have to go for Jury duty, grumble, grumble.

Vicky

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:21 am

Hi, All-- I'm back... hiding in my sewing room. LOL MIL is back in bed after expending energy to sit and eat breakfast at the table. I've got the mellow music on the radio and a cup of green tea next to me. DH is off to work on the duplex problem. Several of you posted while I was composing earlier. Hi to you, too!!

CaroleJ I hope roxy is a "good doggie!"; I'd hate to have a bad boy leap a 7-ft fence at me while I was walking. LOL That might make me need clean pants! LOL She sounds like an athletic sweet dog! How tall will your fence be when you complete the "upper deck"? Be sure to tell us all about your SEX when you get back!!! I don't have "Still Stripping" --another to order!!! THanks! DH thanks you, too--well, maybe not. LOL I HAVE seen the slice of cake pin cushions and the cupcakes--you CAN have your cake--if you don't eat it!!! LOL At least there aren't any calories. They really are the cutest things. I never thought of the corncob shreds for filler. Thank you!!! I used the plastic beads for the little chicks.

Valerie--your class sounds good--the Irish chain and the star sounds like a pretty quilt.

MaryZ--tell us about the movie if you go. From what I've seen, it looks good. Meryl Streep sounds just like her in the trailers. I used to get a kick out of watching Julia and still see her once in awhile on PBS. Hope you find lots of fun fabrics you forgot as you caress and file in your "new" sewing room. Will you post photos of your bathtubs of fabric. That's funny, but I use the tub to store things when I'm cleaning floors, too.

SewSew--the quilt is so sweet!!! I can't believe you just had a week to make it, and you succeeded! Way to go!! I think you can put "works well under pressure" on your resume. LOL Your quilting is beautiful!

I only have a laptop now, and I really enjoy the portability.

Dolores--sew happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with your new LAQ!!! You definitely deserved a special job on your special quilt!!! Should have gotten it the first time!!! <Grrrr!!!>

Crabbing! YUM!!!! Your wonderful snacks will make you forget your bruised knees! How neat that you can just go get some nearby.

Sharon, hope you have a wonderful show!!!

Vicky--pray for the perp to plead "no contest" so you won't have to go to jury duty. My DD works for a crime lab, and she is always delighted on a "plea" so she doesn't have to go testify in court. Good luck!!! Have a fun party.

Oh, Cathy--know what you mean about the "leaves from the garden" call. We got a lot of those calls before MIL moved in with us. It's so time-consuming and frustrating. Lord, I pray I don't get that way. I don't want to say too much about MIL, as it could be me some day. UGH!!! We had to get out of bed at 1:00 a.m. and go to town in a HORRIBLE ice storm because she let Tundra out on the busy street (he had a doggy door to the fenced-in yard, but she thought he liked to go do his thing in front) and she couldn't find him so she was just going to go look for him herself. We got there after taking our lives in jeopardy, and guess what. Tundra popped out from behind the bushes! DH was so steamed!!! I think the ice on the driveway melted under him. She was/is so like a child you tell "no" to and they will find a way to do the exact thing you told them "no" for. I'll pray for you.

Q7- hope you enjoy the fashion show/luncheon and find the Guild friendly and a "join".

Irish--have a cuppa warm and comforting tea and enjoy your best memories of your dad and friend. Memories are the photo albums of our minds and are there to be opened and remembered. I hope yu will find comfort in your special remembrances.

Lois--I just let the gray halo shine through. There were way more silver threads than gold and I just gave up on color. I don't know that woman looking out the mirror at me or in the pictures with DH. LOL

Now, I wonder who I missed while I was writing this. I'm going to sew some strips for DH's quilt. Will check on here between checking on MIL.

Enjoy the day!!!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:42 am

I wonder what happens if I take Xanex in the daytime. LOL I don't have any liquor. I checked on MIL. She peed the bed (she did last time, too). That isn't a problem, as this time I did have a spare pair of sheets. The problem is, the WATERPROOF pad I got for the bed IS NOT WATERPROOF!!! UGH!!! I mopped up the mattress (Thank God it was an old thing that someone donated--cover on it places it in the 60s, so it is well past it's date of expiration) and put down a trash bag over it for some protection until I get the mattress pad dried on the line after it's washed. Never a dull moment. The dog is shedding hair and strewing his dog food all over the house. DH has gone to repair the duplex. Can it get any better than this!!!

I'll have a new mattress at the new house and will be going to the home health place and see if they have rubber sheets to go on it! I'll be checking on those next time I go to town.

Thanks for letting me vent. Lord, PLEEEEEEZZZZEEEEE don't let me get this way in 30 years!!! Please!!!

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:04 am

Good afternoon - I think,

I planned, and will, sew today. However, Chrissie has had an upset tummy and I've been following her around with a roll of paper towels. Yuck

Have a brisket in the slow cooker. That will cover at least a couple of meals this week. I'm getting lazy in my old age.

The city has declared a heat emergency, so those without AC and the homeless have cool shelters to go to. This is the first time we've been above 90 since June.

I hesitated whether to mention, but....I have to have a diagnostic mammogram on Monday. Everything was fine in March, but I found a lump during a self exam. I truly believe it is only because I've lost a lot of weight and am finding things I haven't felt before, but I don't want to take any chances. I'd appreciate some good thoughts Monday afternoon.

OK, going to try the sewing room again.

bbl

Rosie

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 am

Rosie-- You truly will be in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm thinking of you with your sick Chrissie as I do my drudge duty. Empthy!

Brisket sounds delicions! I think we'll have something from burger. Lots of frest produce to go with, so who cares about meat except DH and MIL.

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 am

Well another day another job to do . Today we are going to freeze kidney beans. DH is pulling them now, then we shell and freeze. I've also had zuchinni and yellow squashes chopped and frozen for stir fry later on, froze some yellow squash for squash/cheese. Like having mac and cheese.
Will finish pulling corn today and tomorrow to eat on and then all gone. Second ears aren't doing well due to too much rain and RACCOONS coming for a visit at night. You would think with 6 dogs out side I would have no creaters trying to eat my garden. No dumb dogs sleeps thur them. But will dig a ditch to catch a mole.
Well, going to shell now. later Pat

Return to “Sew ins”