Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:42 pm

GoodMorning All

Well it seems like it will be a mild day and no rain .

Im going to kohls I have a return to do and some other shopping then it will be home to sew and not much of anything else.

Im sitting here drinking coffee watching a little tv my DH and Ds went fishing so it's call the day all to myself later my DD SIL and Grands will come for a small visit.

Have a great day BBL

Lois

suzette58

Re: GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Post by suzette58 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 am

Good morning. I am trying to get back in the swing of things. Yesterday was the first day back from vacation. We went to the beach and had a blast. Today I am going to get backing fabric and batting to finish our neice's quilt. Have a great day everyone.
Suzette58
Suzette

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:38 am

Woo hoo......Good morning girls. It is another workday for me.

Lois and Suzette...enjoy your sewing time today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day. I'll check to in tonight to see if we will be having another sew-in/chat. The last two have been a blast. Well, gotta go. It is almost time to leave for work.

Mary

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:50 am

Good morning, everyone...woke up at around 0340 PDT and couldn't get back to sleep. Thank goodness I am off work this weekend so I can get a nap later today if I need one.

I haven't done any sewing in what seems like an age. I finished a Summer Porch top in browns, greens, and golds, and a Cornerstones of My Life top in browns, golds, and blue. That was back in June...haven't really done much sewing since then.

I have been dreaming of window treatments and throw pillows, home dec items. <sigh> Pulled out my patterns for curtains and such and have been looking at them. I ran across a pattern for fabric veggies, to use as autumn/harvest decor. They look like fun--for some strange reason, I enjoy making little stuffed things, like little toys and such. Maybe I will do a SEX (Stash Enhancing EXpedition) later today to pick up some fabric for them. Haven't been to the fabric store in a while, either, and sneaking out on my own for an hour or two is good for my sanity.

Shoot! It is still so danged early! Even the dog went back to sleep after I let her out for a quick inspection of the back yard, but I am still up.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:04 am

Good Beautiful Morning!!!!

Low humidity again today...I am thankful. I am waiting on Will the Builder to put in my door. He said he would be here 'bright an early'
I forgot to ask him what time that was...LOL

I am going to work on my table runner...I am loving the look of it.

Lois....Have a great sewing day...I will be thinking of you as I sew.

suzette....welcome back! Glad you had a good vacation. What quilt are you making for your niece?

Mary...hope your day at work flies by. I am going to try to take part in the fast moving sew-in tonight.

I am so happy tomorrow my DD1 is going to help me remove photos from the digital camera and put them on the computer. Then I hope I can post.

BBL.....Kathy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 am

Good Morning everyone! Tiny little rain this morning...but it's going to start heating up around here from now on through next week. I don't miss the heat and humidity! lol!

DH just left for the showgrounds, and I was going with him, but my friend from work and I were scheduled for breakfast this morning at Mama's Grill, so DH told me to stay home. Yipppee!! I do want to work on the log cabin curtains...since the ones we had fell into shreds when I washed them! lol!

CarolJ it is strange to see a "westcoaster" here this early!! Hope you got back to sleep, but you probably didn't! But I love to take a nap in the afternoon...the beauty of retirement! LOL!

Gotta go check out the rest of the forum before getting ready for breakfast! BBL

Joanne:0)

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:31 am

Hello Everyone!
Looks cloudy here, supposed to get HOT...going to clean some, and work on my BOM....Don't ya just love that Picture?...Looks so calming......Hugs to you all...and Have a nice day!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:45 am

Good morning all. Haven't been here in a bit. I am finding my schedule way to full.

Baby shower is tomorrow so I have to get that quilt done today. Had an issue with DGS last night so that took a few hours and was too tired to sew after. Just went to bed. He can be so good and loving and then wham, takes you by surprise. I do not think I am looking forward to the teen years!

Going to take a class next weekend at the LQS. It is a Triple Irish Chain with a star in the middle of the chain. The star is made with a tri rec's tool. Going to use up my Seneca Falls. Never have done an Irish chain so hope I haven't bitten off too much.

Hope you all a great day, I better get to sewing.

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:57 am

Hello....

Carole...I think a trip to the fabric store is just what you need to get you creative juices flowing! GO, GO, GO!!

Joanne...when ever you have I know it might rain here in a few days.
I can not wait to see your new curtins.

luv_2quilt....the picture is a perfect walk to church.

Will the builder called to ask about the door handle...I did not know I needed to buy one. I thought I ordered it with door. Good thing I didn't, when it come with the door it is $250!!!!!!! Will is picking up one for $40...much better. I can't stand the waiting...I am going to sew.

Kathy

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:04 am

Joanne, no, I never did get back to sleep...but the sun is up now, so I can pull on some grubbies and go walk my doggie.

Weather has moderated nicely, so I will be treating some wood steps today. Also need to go to Home Depot for lattice panels...adding them to the fence in the back yard to keep the dog where she belongs (when I got home from work last week and called to her, Roxy vaulted BACK into our yard, over a 7 foot fence, from the neighbor's yard....so naughty!) DH needs to get his truck running; he swears the panels won't fit in the back of my car...I think they will...might go out there with a measuring tape, just for giggles...

Will have another "coff a cuppee" when I get back from Roxy's House Of Pain!

Return to “Sew ins”