Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Daily discussions.
MAWmum

Re: GoodMorning it's Saturday August 8,2009

Post by MAWmum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:41 pm

I can't get them to show up any bigger sorry

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:00 pm

http://mcmawblog.blogspot.com/'>http:// ... gspot.com/
okay for whatever reason they showed up just fine on my blog if you want to see them ;O)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi Everyone!
The luncheon was a lot of fun! Have you heard of a Quilter's Candy Bar? It is 1/16th yard of fabric!

Carin - Your pictures are coming out the same size as on your blog, but did enjoy your blog!

Rosie - Prayers will be with you on Monday!

FarmChick - Hang in there with MIL.

Pat - You are busy!

Irishgram - Enjoy the ice cream!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Kathy, you come right on over and take care of those coils... I am only about or so hours from QIAD and would be happy to drive... it would be so much quicker and less stressful to fly... the highways in southern Cal are busier than this foothill hick is used to...lol...

Irishgram... here is what you do... get a spoon, your wallet and your car keys... drive to the local grocery store and buy a pint of whatever rocks your boat... take the pint ( if ice cream) open it up, and grab that spoon.... lol

Maw, is that your little one? my gosh... when did he grow up?

Q7, a candy bar... what next... a butterscotch? cracks me up...

ttfn,
Chriss
Psalm 91

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Had some real good SEX this morning...spent 2 hours and about 2.5 hours of pay on a bunch of fat quarters, a few half-yard cuts, and some home dec magazines. Stocked up on Heat and Bond Lite as well. The fabrics will be stuffed fruits and veggies for a fall/Thanksgiving display. I had fun puzzling out the color of a beet, a squash, a cauliflower...! Also found some fabric printed with "muscle cars" for DH's future home office...he LOVES it--kinda knew he would :-) He can't decide what he wants me to make from it, but he doesn't want a window treatment. He says he doesn't want me to cut it up...!

Yes, Farmchick, Roxy is a very sweet dog...but we have decided to hold off on the extra fencing for now. The jumping incident was almost 2 weeks ago and she hasn't done it since. DH and I were concerned about the extra expense for materials, and that our landlord might flip out over nail holes in the fence. We have agreed that if she does it again, we will put up panels *immediately*, regardless of any expense or landlord gripes.

Agnes, good on you for doing laundry...I didn't do any today, goofed off instead.

Rosie, I found a lump, too...VERY scary! Turned out to be nuthin', but I was very frightened until I was in the clear. Will definitely hold you in The Light.

Carin, is that your little Wade with all the spiky hair? I still think about the photo of him asleep on the stairs...!

I made chicken adobo, brown rice, and "soy-cotash" for dinner. Chicken adobo is a traditional Filipino dish we all love. It was nice to be able to cook on the stovetop in the cooler weather! Soy-cotash is edamame (soy beans) and corn. I like it much better than succotash and soy beans are so good for you!

I hope everyone is having a great day. All my new fabric from today's SEX is washed and ready to be cut out. I can feel part of me wanting to jump in, stay up real late, and do it...but I have been up since 0340 this morning and would like to hit the rack early.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Good Night....It is now Sunday for me.

Time to go to bed...sleep tight...Kathy

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:24 pm

That's little Wade he starts school in a couple weeks UGGG!

I swear when I posted those pictures they were thumbnail size that's why I posted my link to the blog. WEIRD!!!

Wade was the only little boy invited to the party tonight it was a princess party luckily the woman throwing the party made sure that the price Wade won for kiss the frog(pin the tail on the donkey kinda game) was a blaster. He was thrilled and he loves Evie the girl the party was for.

I have had enough birthday cake to last until Monday when the next family birthday is LOL!

grannyQuilts1

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi farmchick, i take care of my Xhusbands mother who is 90, he said she couldn't live with him, i hate to say this but i ran out of the pads for her bed and in a pinch i grabbed one of the pee pads i use for the dogs. i told my daughter i sure hope the little one didn't notice the scent and try to pee on MIL. mum gets sick at tummy about once a week and seems to go at both ends. i have two mattress pads but think i need to invest in a couple more.

i will say a prayer for you, i know things get tuff sometimes. i think that is why i sew all the time, it is my excape.
Barbara

Return to “Sew ins”