Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone August 5, 2009

Daily discussions.
SewSew

Re: Happy Wednesday, Everyone August 5, 2009

Post by SewSew » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 am

Good morning everyone!

Just dropping in to say hello. I am busy working on a lap quilt that I made from a jelly roll set my DSIL gave me last Christmas. I have it loaded on my HQ and am about 1/3 done with the quilting, I will post a picture when I am done. I also have a custom order to get finished by Friday, a couple ordered a baby quilt for the newest grandbaby that is due in September. I am done with the top and the embroidered label but I need to get it quilted which I will do as soon as I get this lap quilt finished.

Cindy, if you and Sue decided to head north because of the heat, let me know and I will tag along.LOL It is down right depressing to not have any rain for months on end and every time the weather fellow says it is heading our way it stops in New Braunfels and then heads east or north. My DB and DSIL live up in Dallas and they keep talking about all the rain they have had. They were visiting recently and couldn't believe we had been on water restrictions since March. Oh well, thank God for AC.

Hope everyone has a great day.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:37 am

Hello everyone, thoguht I'd pop in while Cooper is nappng.
The flooding was bad here yesterday and it looks like more rain today. Uof L was flooded, the main library, they are opening a new branch and had new computers in the basement of the main library.Everything in there was a total loss..the paper said close to a million in damages..so sad. Looking the the paper this morning louisville looked like a war zone in some areas.

Chriss, going to try my gesse after Cooper leave. Be hard enough to try and do it with him not here, can't imagine trying with him here.Might be a good thing Jerry is picky, at least you don't have to worry about fixing his lunch.

Pat glad everyone made it home. I bought some fabric at Joann;s for bc blocks, need to get some blender to go with it. It is any 12" block, right?

Rosie, hope you get rid of the ants, I have them outside in the backyard real bad, but thankfully not inside.

Hope everyone working has a good hump day!
BBL
Sharon

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:09 am

CindyG--it's true that dogs and cats will attach themselves to people with allergies to them or don't like them. Haven't the faintest idea why it seems to be that way. Allergy Heads are the pits in the summer! UGH!

Q7--I weighed in my birthday suit this morning! <sigh!> If I win I think I'd like 30s prints or about anything. My stash is the bottom 2" of one dresser drawer. A noodle is 2.54" x WOF, right???

Anyone want to join us, we'll take all Losers (LOL!!!)!!!

I'll have to look for peaches. Pie or jam or both would be yummy!!! Now who do you think is going to win our challenge. I'll start shopping!!! LOL

Carin--our problem here is that W-M is it for 75 miles. I do have one LQS 15 mi and another one 25 mi. One grocery other than W-M that has good produce, but stuff on the shelves is out of date. I got some SurJel that was 5 yr out of date and didn't realize it when I got it until after I made a batch of jelly that wasn't the greatest set. (Sundae syrup.) It's frustrating to drive back to town for it (20 mi RT).
That is so sweet of you to do the blocks for your neighbor. You will be blessed! My mom set some quilt blocks together for one of my elderly neighbors and made a new friend.

Sharon, I saw Louisville on the news again this a.m. My heart goes out to everyone there. Such great loss! Not to mention clean up. That is so sad for all.

Pick me up on the way North! It's going to be 95 with high humidity here today. Over 100 heat indices. Good day to be in the sewing room.

BBL

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:25 am

Good afternoon from overcast, warm Sw. Pa. Not sure if we're going to get rain or what....

DH and DS finished the wall and steps out back and now it's lunch time...I did tell DS, if he got his work done, I'd take him for Chinese....I have to get my glasses adjusted and it's on the way...He and I need a little 1 on 1 time....

My "buddy" is going to make pizza for dinner...He already has the dough made...I keep telling him he should be a chef...

Nothing exciting happening in my neck of the woods, thank goodness... But last night, near Pittsburgh, a "nut" carrying guns burst into a health club and started shooting, killing 4 and wounding quite a few others....You just wonder what drives a person to do something like that....So sad!

DS, oldest grandson and dog will be going back home on Monday....My son is a HS math/calc/trig teacher and does a lot of private tutoring..He had a call and has 2 students that want him before school starts...I hate to see him leave but it's pretty hard to pass up that money....DDIL and youngest grandson will stay until the 15th...Before they leave for home, they still want to do some mountain bike riding and camping at Cook Forest which is about 2 1/2 hours north of us....But today is a lazy, laid back day.....

Well, I think it might be time for Chinese....
Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:28 am

Farmchick - I hope you meant to write 2.5" wof. I weighed myself this morning also. I wrote in on the calendar in the bathroom to remind myself. Did you get a good walk in this morning?

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:30 am

Cathy - I do hate having to take Benadryl during the day -makes me sleepy. And Carin, the dog dander spray might work but she's my bosses dog so.........

Q7 - have fun making your jam. I admire all who can do this and canning veggies, too.

DewDew - we'll pick you up for sure on our way north - LOL. The rain always seems to go north and east. The couple of times it has come to the northwest Harris County area, it misses my house. We look at it on the radar and there is our little strip with no rain - aggravating to say the least. Today the weatherman said no rain the rest of the week but on Sunday we will have a 20% chance - well, whooop-de-flippin'-do!!! I think this heat is why I don't have any energy. Can't wait to see pix of your quilts. You get lots of practice on your HQ-16, don't you. I bet your quilting is fantastic by now.

Sharon - sorry about your flooding. If it's not one extreme, it's another this summer.

FarmChick - sometimes we get the Gulf breeze and it keeps us a little cooler, a degree or two. This morning they said it would be 99* here but that's at the airport. Out west that means we will see 102* - 103* - UGH. Fall is in the air....fall is in the air....fall is in the air..........

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 am

Good Afternoon everyone! Wow...it's awfully quiet here...is anyone else napping??? I did! It hasn't rained anymore, but it sure looks gloomy outside. I must have worn myself out yesterday, 'cause I'm a real slug today! lol! I did wash a load of laundry and vaccuumed a little..but nothing serious! Now I'm just waiting for dinner!!

Joanne:0)

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am

Joanne it is quiet here today isn't it. I cannot get motivated today either. Darned allergies. We had a little bitty thunderstorm right after lunch. Got barely enough rain to wet the pavement then it was over & the sun popped out. The good thing is that it has only gotten up to 95 degrees so far.

I need to figure out what I want for dinner & go make a run into town. I'm out of bread and milk so it is time to go. Ugh! I wish I was one of these women that loved to grocery shop. My Mom used to. I never understood that. But I don't like to shop for anything other than quilty stuff. LOL Seriously. Well it isn't going to get done with me sitting on my buns right here is it? BBL

Hugs

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Peach-Pineapple Jam is made. I made just 6 half pint jars, so it is fast. It will be enough for my DH and I to enjoy.

FarmChick - Please check in Chit Chat under "FQ Challenge Anyone?" I think we will have some company on our contest.

Joanne - it has been no naps today for me, but every other day has been a nap day.

Sharon - Flooding has been horrible. I hope you are okay.

Brenda - Glad to hear your swallowing is improving.

I have been practicing my free-motion quilting and it is skipping stitches. I am using the stitch regulator so it isn't tension. I think I will change needles, re-thread the machine and if those things do not work I will change feet.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Cathy, we are alike - I don't like to shop for anything except quilty things either. Well, maybe shoes, too.

Dinner is started. Got home late - there was an accident and the traffic was backed up and there was no way to turn around. So tonight I'm running a little late. Still have laundry to do but no energy. It's gotta be done anyway. It was 102* in the shade when I left work around 5 PM.

Q7 - check your bobbin, maybe rethread it, too, while you are working on things.

Return to “Sew ins”