Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Tuesday August 4th 2009

Daily discussions.
luv_2quilt60

Re: GoodMorning it's Tuesday August 4th 2009

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:09 am

In My Photobucket account!..thanks ........

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:24 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm SW. Pa....right now it's 80 and we have a nice breeze....

Joanne, you can keep those storms in Ohio, we need rain but not the stormy part.....

KHO, I Loved the story about Linda and the mice...And I did make sure I put my cup of tea down before I read it....Very, very funny....

This morning, my "buddy" and I made another trip to Aldi's, with a list a mile long...I raised 4 boys and a girl and my boys were all big eaters but I don't remember running to the store as much as I am with these boys....

This afternoon DH, DS and oldest DGS are working on the wall we have next to the patio....It's a stone wall and at least 3 feet tall and is the length of the house. With the bad rain we had, some of the stones/blocks were starting to push out. They decided to straighten the wall and then replace the stones in the steps going up to the yard...I have flowers planted all along that wall and all 3 of them promised me the flowers would be OK, so I'm holding them to it....Wait until they hear, next I want them to install an exhaust fan on the roof...These guys will be glad to go back home!

Vicky, You're right about summer flying by...I can't believe how quickly...Most of the grands are getting ready to go back to college....

I really don't have any plans for this afternoon except playing supervisor. (which I'm darn good at)....I really can't get to my fabric that's in the spare room...I think, it might be a good afternoon to do some cross stitching while sitting on the front porch....Of if my "buddy" has his way, we'll be playing Uno.....

Have a great afternoon, everyone.....

macdor

Post by macdor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:53 am

Checking in to see what everyone is doing. Have all my 12 blocks done for the swap. One thing off the list. Now onto Aug. Lotto. Got the fish feed, and filter cleaned. Also, the plants that needed water, watered. Keeps looking like rain off and on.

kho - the story about the mouse is good. I should of made a trip to the bathroom before I read it.

I use Terro for ants. It works the best I have ever used. You put a drop of the liquid on paper. The ants eat it and take it back to the mother ant. Once she is gone, so is your ants. The little ants are what I call sugar ants. You can get the product any place they sell ant killer.

I'm going to go and sort fabric, have a mess. I think that there might be a nap too. Didn't sleep that good last night.

Will check in later.

DorothyM

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 am

Hi all

well it's hot so Im manageing to stay in doors I just have to do a little of the ugly stuff but not much .

This summer is almost over and I don't know where it has gone for some reason it has rained most of the time so it must have washed away.

everyone have a great afternoon .
Lois BBL

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 am

Kho/Sandy, I just read your story about poor Linda and the mouse in her pants! Toooo funny! Ex was out on a hike once and a lizard ran up the inside of his pant leg, got stuck at groin level and was squirming there, trying to get out...so he dropped his pants right there on the trail, in front of God and everybody...his hiking buddy noticed he had fallen behind, turned around, and there was ex with his drawers down around his ankles...what a sight that must have been!

Ironic, isn't it, that one of the reasons our relationship ended was that the man couldn't keep his pants on....?

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:26 am

Sharonkl,

Was checking to see if you were still doing the back-stroke.

I have been baby sitting so had not had the news on . We had heavy winds about half hour ago. twisting my corn. All dogs in garage, so can not get out. Not that I planned on it. Have the bread maker going instead.
Can you beleive it we still are having 5 more days of this . YUK!!

Stay save. My DD's husband works downtown, so hope he is ok too.
Pat

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:28 am

Pat & Sharon you gals be careful and stay in if you can. It sounds awful there!

Hugs

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 am

Good afternoon-- I'm late today. Stayed up too late last night watching a movie "The Painted Veil" with DH. Because I did, he rewarded me this a.m. and went and let the chickens out for me and I slept in. (He did too when he returned.) I rewarded him with sausage, biscuits and gravy and eggs over easy. Then we had to go to town and mow at the duplexes, and he had an AC repair at one of the houses. Now he is over at the community center working on the walls. They haven't called me to come over, so I'm enjoying the "time off".

Kho--the mouse story was too funny!!! Thanks for the warning before reading to put down drinks, etc.
I relate to your shoveling out the barn. I have to shovel out the chicken house. I also relate to not getting too attached to the barn cats; mine are named and are about as tame as yours. I inevitably do get attached--to ALL of our farm animals... "The Girls", my chickens have names--and there are tears and sadness when tragedies occur.

CaroleJ--enjoyed the dog at the vet experience. The bigger they are, the bigger the puddle of pudding they become at the Vet's ofice. I think this also goes for men and dr's offices and needles.

Did you get your pants shortened? I would rather start from scratch than re-work or alter anything!!! I've never enjoyed alterations of any kind or replacing zippers.

Carin--yesterday you commented about my having to drive out of town to avoid the dog--yep, I do. He's like running the gauntlet. He accompanied me a couple of times to the farm and back, but the last time, he lunged at a chicken with thoughts of drumsticks salivating from his jaws. The only other way out of town would be through a field lane that is overgrown with poison ivy and no doubt full of ticks and chiggers not to mention slithery or crawlie critters.

Cindyg--after being the oldest at the office for a number of years, what a pleasant surprise it is to be the youngest at a "senior" dinner! I laughed at your description of walkers, wheel chairs, scooters, and canes. That's what we have to look forward to. <sigh!>

Chriss--that is such wonderful news about Jerry's job!!! Hope it's even better than the one he didn't get earlier!!! Know you are so thankful!

Joanne & Sharon-- heard on the news this a.m. that your areas were getting hammered with storms today. Hope you're not flooded or sustained any damage!

Q7-Carol-- I'm thinking about your weight loss challenge. I'm thinking you'd win easily. I'm having the worst time trying to get the scales to budge down instead of creeping or jumping upward.

This eve, I'm going to a guild meeting and going to meet Okiequilter. She PMed me and we found out we aren't too terribly far apart. Her DH grew up in the area just south of us. She invited me to the guild she is a member of. It's about 30 or 35 miles from here. How fun does that sound!!! The speaker is from the Kansas City Star Quilts. I'm looking forward to meeting Benita.

Sorry this got long again. I had to read all the posts and get caught up after working with DH today.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:02 am

Farmchick, I so enjoy your stories, It does sound like a good life . Even with the bad and the good, we all have, Those of you who have gone to chit chat go to the bounce post and see the photo posted about my garden it is hillarious.

I have most of the stuff packed into the camper. just need the morning stuff to go and the Kitty and we are off. I does not look like the weather is going to cooperate, heat and thunderstorms, oh well at least I am getting away for awhile. Fart here I come.BBL

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:10 am

That's a bold little bugger in your garden, Grammie! Have a fun vacation!!! I'm sure you'll brake for quilt shops!

Return to “Sew ins”