Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning ...Monday the 3rd of Aug

Daily discussions.
rosebud3

Re: Good Morning ...Monday the 3rd of Aug

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:10 am

Joanne, thanks for the reminder. I will check in everything. I always check in clothes pockets cause I don't like the soggy kleenex when clothes are laundered, lol. However, I never thought about needing to check inside the books, picture frames, etc.

Break is over. BBL

Mary

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:18 am

Hello everyone! I overslept this morning and have been on the run ever since I hit the floor. LOL Not a good way to start the day but I got everything done & taken care of. I hope all of you are having a good day.

Joanne, I'm sorry about your car. Maybe that is a sign you should just have a day to sew. I once read a saying somewhere that said;
Asking a Quilter to mend would be like asking Piccasso to paint the garage. I liked that. LOL

We had another Storm move through here sometime during the very early hrs.this morning. We had some wind and another 1 inch of rain. I am happy that I hobbled & got the backyard mowed. This evening I'll do the front. Won't take too long. Thank the Good Lord for the rain!

FarmChick I do not envy you having to clean up the Rental. My Dad had Rentals all of my life and guess who had to help with the clean up? After I turned 12 or 13, I did the cleaning so he could go in and do the repairing and painting. UGH! It blows you away with how filthy and disgusting some people live! Some, it just isn't even humane. I hope this apt. won't be as bad as you fear it may be. Expect the worst and then if it isn't you will be pleasantly surprised.

Well going to go eat something lunch. May just drink a V-8 and call it good. That stuff is loaded with Potassium which for some reason, my body is low on even though I take over the counter tablets. So I have V-8 everyday. I hope all of you have a wonderful afternoon and if you are working, I hope it speeds by quickly for you with no hiccups. If you are getting to sew, Happy Stitching & I hope you don't even have to reach for your seam ripper! Have a good one.

Love You All

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 am

Oh Agnes!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I LOVE it! "Asking a Quilter to mend would be like asking Piccasso to paint the garage" . That is beautiful!
Well I think you are right about having to stay home might be an opportunity to sew! You are so smart, girl! lol! I finished the charity flags!! I actually got 6 flags out of the 2 scarfs he gave me...they are NOT beautiful, or even very good, but they will work and no one is going to "study" them...just stick them on their little poles! lol!

Joanne:0)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm SW. Pa...You got it, another perfect day....

Monday and off to Meals on Wheels again this morning...When DH came to deliver, he brought our youngest DGS and he helped..Our delivers all wear a badge and they even gave DGS one and he was so thrilled...He told them, he'd be back next week but if they need him before, just give him a call....(What am I going to do when he goes home)....

Mot much happening this afternoon...Just trying to keep up with the boys or I should say, trying to feed them is a challenge. I've forgotten how much young fellows eat and how often.....

Joanne, So sorry to hear you're going to lose your neighbors.It makes life so much better if you have a good neighbor..Let's all hope you get another good one...We've lived here for 52 years and have been so blessed with good neighbors...I've told this before, but when I mention moving, DH tells me, he can't move and leave Ted, his best neighbor buddy....

DS just told me, he's ready to teach this old dog how to post pictures on the forum...You gals are going to be sorry, I get a little crazy with my camera.....

With cup of tea in hand, clear mind, I'm ready for my lesson....Will try to check on you all later....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 am

Good morning here from wonderful No. California - It is great August weather today - foggy in the morning then warming up for the afternoon.

DD aka Kyna posted my pics of the quilt top that has been giving me fits - over a thousand pieces of fabric in that little bugger - but like Lois I am doing my happy dance now that it is finished!! DH is happy too - only that I now can get the house back in order!!

Have a great day

Jana

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 am

Jana, your quilt is gorgeous!! I know it must have been alot of work, but it is worth it....just beautiful!!

Irishgram, I'm so glad you're learning to post pictures! Whooo Hooo! Post LOTS of them...I love pictures!!

Gotta run! DH is out of the shower and is taking me to the grocery! BBL

Joanne:0)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:24 am

Jana - You did a beautiful job on the quilt! Very colorful!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 am

Jana I have to agree, that is a fabulous quilt! You sure did a nice job on it. I can see why it was a tough one, but what a beauty it is.

I have been in there looking through my stash. I should be ashamed. Got fabric that I know I bought way back in '98 and it is not good quality. I hate to just pitch it. I called our little Shelter here for pets & they don't use blankets. *gasp* There went that bright idea. Sooo I think I will just make it up into simple scrap quilts real quick and donate them to the Homeless Shelter. They could care less about fabric quality & wouldn't know the difference probably. This Winter they'll need blankets & quilts. I'll use them to practice on the LA I guess, this Fall. Or let my DH just do them. That sounds so much more appealing to me. LOL Is it a tacky idea to donate quilts from cheap fabric to a Homeless Shelter? Honestly? I mean drunks go in for the night & all so you wouldn't want to donate a really elaborate quilt. But some of this had to have been some of WalMarts worst. What do yall think? I hate to throw it away!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:31 am

Cathy I think making up charity quilts is a great idea. Our guild doesn't buy quilt shop fabric for it's quilts. it is donated WM fabric or joannes clearance all the way. Quilts are well constructed and prewashed so they are sturdy enough. My sis does them on her long arm to practice all the time. The more quilting in them the stronger they become.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:36 am

Thank You Judi. Problem solved then. And I can take down those fabrics and free up some shelf space while doing something worthy also. They call the Shelter here the Jesus House & it is run strictly on donations. So that is what I am going to do. Thank You again.

Loves Ya

Return to “Sew ins”