Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Goodmorning it''''s Sunday August 2,2009

Daily discussions.
rosebud3

Re: Goodmorning it''''s Sunday August 2,2009

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Woo Hoo, Lois, congrats on finishing the top. Now we will be on pins and needles (ouch, ouch) waiting to see the finished quilt.

Mary

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:52 pm

well you all have been having fun... I have been a slug all day... my son and I texed back and forth a bit but I think he realized how slow I was and ecided calling me would be much quicker... his girlfriends mom is creating more drama... ugh.

hope you all have a fun night... I am going go finish being a slug...lol....

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:03 pm

LOL, Chriss we all need to be slugs from time to time. You deserve it.

I'm taking a break again waiting for washer and dryer. There are still a number of boxes and totes that need to be gone through, but I am wheedling it down. As I was going through cookbooks, I found a letter to my mom from a cousin I don't know. I looked him up through the on line white pages, found him, and called him. He in turn gave me the information I needed to find my Aunt Loretta. I also called her. She is 70 now, and the only one of the siblings still living. I wish so that I could have known her while growing up.

Mary

misssharna

Post by misssharna » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:04 pm

I too had a great time at the sew in last night. It was great to meet the crew.... I also watched cake boss with my DH... We were both amazed. Well off to get ready for work tomorrow.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Well folks, another weekend coming to a close. Makes me sad. I have had the best time this weekend and didn't do anything out of the ordinary except for the DGS's B-day party this afternoon late. I really enjoyed the Sew In last night! Yall were funny and cracked me up. LOL So much fun! Again, a wide variety of subjects was the topic of conversation. LOL My oh my! LOL

I am hoping that we ALL have a great week ahead of us and that we will all get a chance to do some stitching. And no unstitching!

Love Yall

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi, all-- Planned to be back earlier, but got called to work on the Community Center. They were working on framing walls and ceilings. Today I was the head grunt and gofer. We were on our feet most all of the afternoon and evening. Just finished with dinner and the dishes. It's 10 p.m. central time.

I enjoyed the sew-in last night, too. Wish I could have hung in to the end, but I just couldn't.

I got in a little sewing on a table runner this a.m. before DD and family stopped by for awhile on their way home from camping at the lake. We all went out to the farm to see the animals. We have five new calves now, all legacy of Neighbor's Sneaky Red Bull. They are just so sweet!

Cathy, it's great you can still be happy and telling of a good weekend even after wrenching your knee! It was a good weekend here, too!

I enjoyed hearing that Irishgram and Joanne knew what sorghum was today and that Joanne had even seen it made! Oh, I forgot, I loved it on cornbread, too! And fried mush! (Poor people food.) We had lots of beans and cornbread and fried mush when I was growing up. I still love all those foods!!!

I haven't seen Cake Boss. I'll check it out. Have watched some of the cake challenges and Ace of Cakes on Food Network. I supported my daughter and myself with my office job at minimum wage and decorating cakes for a lot of years as a single mom. I took in way more from the cakes than from the office. I worked a lot of all nighters, but I didn't have to pay a sitter on those hours. I made DD's wedding cake and also DH's son's wedding cake two years ago. That has a really funny story with it. It's kind of long, but might be funny at a sew-in

Rosebud--how really neat that you found long-lost relatives! I know almost nothing about my father's family and have no contact with any of them and know no one to contact. I'm glad you had a happy experience with all your work.

I'm going to go see what DH is watching on TV before I head off to bed at a half-way decent hour. I'll probably check here a little later before I turn in. I'll hand quilt for awhile.

BBL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Chicky, growing up in foster homes, I knew my mom and my brothers and sisters, but I never knew any of my other relatives. It is one of the empty spots in my heart. I would like to know the ones that are left, even if it is just a short time.

Mary

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Awww Thanks Farmchick. Being a klutz and beeboppin' while mopping then go scurrying for the phone, was my own stupidity. LOL I knew better on a wet floor.LOL Danged knee is swollen and sore as the dickens. But that'll teach me. Maybe. LOL After a great mood and a wonderful day yesterday I was NOT going to let that ruin my weekend! And it did not. Had a great one & I wish it could just keep on going. Except I have a QIAD order coming this week. WOOHOO

Hugs

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Ladies! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend with the possable exception of Chriss's son ;O)

Got all the family out of here, I still have cake, strawberrys and watermelon. Desert for the next week LOL!

HUGS to all see you in the AM

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Good night everyone, if anyone is left on here. Carin, I'm packing up and coming for the strawberries and watermelon! YUM!!! We had fresh corn on the cob and tomatoes tonight and canteloupe this morning. The joys of summer! Talk to you tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

Return to “Sew ins”