Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Goodmorning it''''s Sunday August 2,2009

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Goodmorning it''''s Sunday August 2,2009

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:00 am

Irishgram, we have a small Amish community about 1/2 hr. east of here..they have a store and sell alot of furniture and have some baked goods that they make. They sell the Amish cheese, but it comes from up in the Walnut Creek, Holmes County area..a little west of Dover, Ohio (NE)---that may be where your friend goes to buy her cheese...it is much cheaper if you go there to get it...it is wonderful!! Grammiequilts is going there next week...DH and I have been several times over the past years and I love it. DO go with your friend...you'll love it! Not only do they have wonderful cheese, but lots of quilt shops, baskets, just on and on!!! It's about 4 1/2 hrs. from us.

I DID finish my curtains!! Whooo HOoo! AND I did my August birthday block...but sadly it will be late getting to Katiekoala...I feel really bad about that...I've never been late on any of the swaps from the forum until now.

While I'm thinking of it....I haven't seen Jameswife for quite awhile...does anyone know where she is?????

Joanne:0)

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:02 am

ME, my thoughts and prayers go with you!!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 am

Chrissy, DorothyM is right about the prices on antiques! NY is WAY higher than anywhere else we've been...

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 am

Back for a quickie. I am doing some laundry and have a splitting headache, My DD called and wanted a sitter but my head is hurting too much. I did manage to put up in the freezer 4 qts of summer squash. I also made a meat loaf for supper. Now a nap before supper. I will let you all know about the cheese in Holmes County next week. Never had it, Do you know if they make soft cheeses or hard cheeses? I am not a cheddar cheese lover but I like most others. I

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:45 am

Chrissy, have you tried ebay? Sometimes you get some good deals. I have some pink depression glass it was my mothers, but I don't have a butter dish. Is it a certain pattern? There are many patters in the pink.

Jeanne

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:50 am

Chrissy, here is a round one, only list it as pink, but it looks like depression glass. There is another but it is a new reproduction but it's pretty too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pink-Round-Butter-D ... .m20.l1116

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 am

It's time for a break. Needed to eat something and waiting for the dryer to finish.

Grammie...sorry you have a headache. Hope it gets better soon.

Hi Chickie...It was fun chatting with you last night on the sew-in. Glad you got to sleep in. Buddy, one of my furbabies was pushing me out of bed at 7 to go outside.

Viv...your veggies sound sooooooo good. Made me hungry.

Sorry, I lost track of the other things I was going to respond to. Guess I need to start writing them down, lol.

Hope everyones day is going as planned.

BBL when it is time for another break.

Mary

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:03 am

Hello All. Just popped in for a quick minute to see what all you ladies are doing today. Gee it is warming up out there! Sure glad that Zac's B-Day bash will be indoors. I will mow the lawn late this evening before dark.

Ya know I have been meaning to ask about Jameswife also. I know she had a blog but I can't remember how to get to it. I sure hope they are okay! It isn't like her to go MIA for so long. Here we Mother Hens go.LOL Seriously I have been worried about her! She is a sweet girl & had those sweet little boys. Maybe she is just really busy since she got her machine & frame. I hope.

Speaking of Amish Country or Communities, I would just love to visit one some day! I never have. I think it would be fascinating.

I have been watching the Cake Boss on TLC & I am so amazed at the talent on there! Oh my goodness! The cakes they make are just unreal. SO very talented. And they make it look so easy. I did quite a few in the early 80's after taking a Wilton course but with what they have now compared to back then, it is just amamzing!

Well got to go. I hope you all have a great afternoon with what is left of it. I could really use a nap! LOL Will check back in this evening probably. Happy Sunday!

Love Yall

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:44 am

Afternoon all!

Church was good, I am ready for a nap but I need to make sure the house is presentable and all the breakable stuff is up my dd is the oldest of the cousins so when they all come over for a party its mostly kids under 8.

I have a chocolate cake and a watermelon, grapes and strawberry's for DH birthday because half my family is diabetic.

I need to sweep and mop the dining room SIGH!!!

BBL love to all, Carin

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi all

I just came on to tell everyone that I Finished my twisted star quilt.

And I can say what a pleasure it is to finally finish.

Yeah Weee now I can start another quilt.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”