Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Daily discussions.
kho

Re: It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Post by kho » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 am

the Lord has been watching over us today. My piano lessons were rescheduled till mid afternoon. One of the horses has a horrid, awful gash in the front legs. The vet was over an hour away-and came as soon as he could. We really like our vets. There are stitches in the leg, and it will heal from the inside out and eventually that entire flap will have to be cut off. We have to make sure it drains, keep the flys out of it-don't want maggots-and it is fly season. I hope to join the sew in later today. Have a good one. It looks like rain, and the horses are talking to each other-they are not happy. Sandy

Checkers

Post by Checkers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:14 am

Kho - Is your son doing the honey thing again? My SIL and I just were commenting on how exceptional his honey was. I bought some at a local farmers market and it did not compare.
I don't know if it was how fresh it was - I think he was just putting it up when I ordered it.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:11 am

I'mmmmm Baaaaaaack...lol

Maw... I have no clue but DH fixed it so we could use the old computer... and it works just fine... he said he was on facebook and then all of a sudden this thing came on wanting to "protect" the computer and we couldn't get it off... it kept saying we had worms...lol... all is fine now....

Irishgram... I love hearing about your fun time with "the boys"

Lois.. don't get lost in that sewing room... we are having a sew in tonight...

Cathy... thanks for spreading the clap song... it is addicting... for the grape salad just google "grape salad" and the recipe will come up... it is good but very sweet.

Q7... Carol... wow.. what a great find.... does your mom know more about these people, like stories that aren't written down? how did they get to the US... I know "by boat" but when? are they logged in Ellis Island... gosh darn I am excited for you.... wow....

Sandy, poor horses... hope he/she heals up soon and well...

Lyn and Checkers... have a super day

I have made my pirate ginger bread men and am now making cowboy and cowgirl ginger bread men....just came to find a cowboy hat pattern... ugh... I can't draw... I see the picture in my head and know how it sould be but to put it on paper is anothe matter all together... well, gotta look for a hat..

chriss

Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:54 am

Afternoon all. I am in for a few. It is very windy here keeps the mosquito down a little. My DH just went out to buy batteries for the truck. So I took a cold water break. I will try to sew later or just gab. Chriss is correct when she says not a lot of sewing gets done. I wonder how hard it would be to set up a "live chat" here. Well I need to go back to work. BBL

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 am

Good afternoon everyone

Chriss - Look in a child's coloring book - they might have one that you can trace - I can't draw either - not even a straight line. Also beware - those pesky viruses can be embedded in the registry and pop up when ever - it took DH several trys to get one off my computer once.

Q-7, family history is great - what a wonderful treasure you got from your mom!!

I am assembling the top of my pesky quilt. I added up all the pieces in it and it is a grand total of 1184!! I don't think I will ever count the pieces again!! My head is still spinning. I have only four rows and the borders to add and it is ready to be quilted. I don't know if I will put it on my LA or send it out.

Well back to finish this quilt and I WILL finish it today!! BBL
Have a great day
Jana

homegirl

Post by homegirl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:40 am

Just finished a quilt top that my MOm started some time ago. It is not sewn very well but I decided not to change that part of it. Have to use it as a keepsake quiilt. I will be doing that on several others that I have found in her things as I have been sifting through her stuff since she is in the nursing home. Her eyesight has become so bad that she no longer sews and the dementia is a sad state of affair. Will be trying to do some of my own sewing tonight for a while. Have fun all

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Fixing to have a cup of coffee out on the patio toget my second wind & thought I would pop in and say hello first. I hope all of you are having a great day! And that yall will be at the Sew In this evening.

Chriss I don't know if you can find anything helpful on this site as for a cowboy hat, but thought I'd put it on here and maybe someone could use something on it for applique'.
http://coloringbookfun.com/'>http://col ... okfun.com/

Well going to go have my coffee & see hwat birds if any are out there. Doves are draining my feeders daily! The porkers. LOL See ya in a bit!

Love You All

I'm still a clappin'. LOL

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:16 pm

I found a decent cowboy hat by looking at images.. it will work....lol... I posted my gb men in the swap section...... and now am getting a migrane so need to go sit in the dark for a while

xo
Chriss
Psalm 91

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:40 pm

Marilynsgrammy, Was your computer problems with the 'worm' just last week? I, too, had this problem and I finally just did a 'restore' to the previous week. That was the only way I could get rid of it and I was on facebook at some point. Not sure if that is where I picked it up or not. That is why I would rather go on blogs instead of facebook, twitter or that other one.

Sharon V.

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Sharon i did to get one it was call bloodhood. That what i did too took my pc back couple of days. I was chatting with someone on facebook. And it miss up my mcfee too. What a day it been for me. Its been so much going on and feel like chit from all of it. just have not pick up any fabric up today. Sarah

Return to “Sew ins”