Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:37 am

GoodMorning All

I can't believe it's August already where did July go besides being rained out .

Im glad I had some kind of sunshine but it wasn't at home HA HA.

Today I am deffinetly going to work on my quilt and then I will have to save some cash in order to quilt after the desaster with my sisters prechious family quilt that she made that I to am so upset over I have never seen such bad work I have sent her several of mine
and never had this happen.

So now we will be going in another direction as my mother in law use to say cheap is dear in a long run.

I hope you all have a great and productive day.

Lois BBL

rosebud3

Re: It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:59 am

Good morning Lois (and everyone else throughout the day). I agree, July has come and gone soooo quickly! My heart hurt for Dolores when I read about how her quilt turned out, and that she had to rip it all out.

I am getting ready for work as usual, having a cup of coffee, and checking out the happenings from yesterday. Hopefully, I will be able to work on some quilty things this weekend, but I still need to muddle through my mom's stuff. It has been so difficult to sort through. For 5 months now my spare room has been filled with those boxes, and I really need to work up the courage to get them unpacked.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Mary

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:24 am

Good morning!!! I can't believe I'm close to the top today! Usually I'm a slacker and get in late. I went over and let the chickens out. Drove both ways, as it's trying to rain. I know I don't melt--well, a little--it just melts off my top and stops when it hits my hips; I also don't want to get hit by lightning which was in the area earlier. I got up and unplugged my computer at 0-dark-thirty.

After breakfast with some of the local ladies at the coffee shop, I'm hoping to do some sewing. I have a table runner to cut out. I couldn't resist the beautiful iris fabric in it, so I got this little kit. I got the smallest of my Day & Night bonus quilt sandwiched and basted, and last eve I started hand quilting it.

Lois, I hadn't heard your expression in quite the way your MIL expressed it, but around here it's "you get what you pay for" and it's pretty much right on. There's cheap, and there's frugal, and some times there's not much difference.

Mary, I'll be thinking about you as you go through your Mother's things. I hope you'll find some pleasant surprises and good memories, too.

Have a great Saturday to All!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 am

Carin-- I saw your post from yesterday. You can look up any Singer serial number, and it will tell when that machine was built. They have blocks of numbers for each model and built that number of machines. I found it interesting that they built quite a few different models at the same time. Your machine sounds like a dandy! You'll probably have to copy and paste this link. For some reason I can't paste hot links.

http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

DUH, Carin. I totally missed the WHITE in your post. I saw the selectronic and was thinking "Singer Slant-o-matic" which is one I learned to sew on after the treddle. So sorry!!! Color me airhead.

P.S. I enjoyed your road trip pictures and your "loot". When you make up your prizes, you'll have the memories of your trip again and also when you look at the finished piece each time. Enjoy!

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 am

I got one side of the quilt binding sewn down yesterday. I want to give it to the brides mother tomorrow so I have to get sewing! It takes me about 3 hours to sew down a queen size binding.

Today is my DH and my anniversary, 22 years of enjoying each other............ and of course putting up with each other on some days. WOW that's a long time. Wew ent to Olive Garden last night and he even took me to Walmart and I picked out some fall fabrics for the August lotto........ if you've never joined in the lotto it is VERY easy this month!

We have a birthday party to go to for our neighbors children today. Going over to Shannon's tonight for pizza. I won't have to cook all day! Tia made the best breakfast, kale/garlic eggs!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Vicky

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 am

GOOD GOOD MORNING to ALL!!!!!

I AM ALL DONE WITH THAT CDA CLASS!!!!!!!!!
I took the exam yesterday. I am ether smart or the test is easy!!!LOL
I can not tell you how happy I am. I some how feel lighter...LOL

Hung out with DBF and then DD1 stopped over. We went out to dinner at a new restaurant. DD knows the chief. The food was the best I have had in a long time. The chief sent us a complimentary appetizer of Fried Pork Wong Tongs and I had New England Mussel Chowder & Stripped Sea Bass. I brought my twice backed potato...I was full.
Enough about food as I sit here eating a over ripe banana.

Today we are going to the Outlet Mall for a little shopping maybe lunch. I also want to stop and pick out a new tree to replace the one that was drying up. Although it starting to put out new groth.

Lois...so sorry to hear about your sister's quilt. Did anyone talk to the quilter about it??

Mary...Hope your day at work buzzed by! How terrible that we now have two quilts with quilting problems. I wonder how the quilter could send then back poorly quilted.

Have a wonderful day....quilt all you can forget the that laundry!!!!

Happy Quilting....Kathy

So happy that exam is over, over, over!!!!

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:44 am

Good morning Lois and Mary. Lois I didn't read about the quilt problem, but will. If there is anything that I can do to help please let me know. It is a sunny day here. Our grandson stepped on a nail yesterday and ended up in the hospital er until 4 this morning. Don't know how he is as our DIL didn't call so I will wait until they are awake to see how he is doing. I have a pecan bundt cake in the oven for a picnic later today, already did the zucchini bread yesterday. Quilting, probably not today but I am headed to bj's to check on their mini computer laptops. They have a good deal on one and this webtv is way to aggrivating these days. Have a lovely day, one and all and stay safe.

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:47 am

Good morning from the west coast!

Haven't had any time to sew or visit here in the past few weeks. A lot going on with family. We have a new dog who is forcing me to re-do my usual routines and the dust hasn't yet settled.

I am working this weekend so I need to start moving toward the shower. Boy, is my butt dragging!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:05 am

Morning Ladies, It is a beautiful day in my neighborhood,,,,will try to do some yard work. I am ordering a truck load of mulch and sprucing up the flower beds next week after I get home from Ohio. Today I will clean them up a bit. Over grown and too much needs to be pitched. If nothing comes up MaryEllen suggested a SEW IN MArathon here tonight at 8 EST. I will try to be here how about you. We need to break the old record of 1113 posts. COME ON DOWN>>>>

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:07 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Yesterday I visited my Mom who will be 92 in a few weeks. My sister and I took her to lunch. She has been losing weight because she isn't eating well. Yesterday she finished her lunch.
She enjoyed our visit. She also gave me some family history papers. I did not know she had this much informaion.

Today I will be quilting and doing a few chores.

Mawmum - I think you might need to contact the White sewing company. I think they have been sold at least once. You might try Google to see what you come up with as far as information on the age of the machine.

Vicky - Happy Anniversary!

CaroleJ and Mary - Have a good day at work.

Mary - (((hugs))) Start with just one box.

Lois - There are so many good LA quilters, maybe you will be able to find another. I am sorry about the quilt!

FarmChick - Enjoy quilting today.

Chrissy - Enjoy the picnic! Hope your cold is better.

Have a great day everyone!

Return to “Sew ins”