Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Daily discussions.
vivian1970

Re: It's Saturday August 1st 2009

Post by vivian1970 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:17 am

Going into town to get the 9year old. I think we may start sewing today. I am going to set up her machine and we are going to make a day of it. That is if I can get her not to play with all the kids in the neighborhood.

First I have to go to Joann's and get some fall color fabrics for the August swap. So have a great day and stay safe.

Vivian1970

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:21 am

Good Morning Everyone

Forced myself to sleep in a little--even tho I woke up at 6:30am-stayed in bed til 9 and now I have my cup of coffee and am trying to decide which chore to start first. Every where I look around here there is some mess to clean up. Never do much cleaning during the week so it's all here to do on the weekend. It's a beautiful cool day in MN and we had a good old fashioned thunder storm last nite. Need to mow the lawn but the grass is a little too wet.

Kathy: What is CDA? And congrats on passing the test!

Vicky: Happy Anniversary!!! 22 years is something to celebrate! I have my lotto blocks cut out and ready to stitch!! Might do that today and ignore all the messes LOL

Mary: I can relate.... I have 3 or 4 boxes of my Mom's stuff in my gargage to go through!

Chrissy: Hope your DGS is ok!!!

Welll, better get in gear...lots to do!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Marymargaret

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 am

Happy Anniversary Vicky, Ain't love grand???

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:31 am

Good Monring

Lois... hope you get that quilt worked out...

Q7... how wonderful to have a nice lunch with your mom & sis... and way cool that she had the paperwork... a lot of times it's like finding a gold nugget... just so exciting.

grammie, enjoy your mulching... and I will really do my best to be here for the sew in.

CaroleJ... hope your day is great... any updates on the house?

Chrissy... enjoy your picnic.. I remember stepping on a nail when I was a kid.. had to get a tetnus shot.. right in the tush.. and one in the foot....I now look down when I walk...

Kathy, I am glad you aced the exam... it's been a long time comming and you did it... wow... So? what is your next step?

Vicky, happy anniversary... glad you got to shop...

Farmchick... sounds like you have a fun day planned... I love going out to breakfast but am not much of an at home breakfast eater...

Mary, I hope your work day goes fast... and your "go through boxes" time is painless.

Vivian... how exciting... hope you and the 9 year old have a super fun day... gosh, I sure wish I could have a day like that with my grandma again... or even fishing with grandpa.... too bad we sometimes dont see how wonderful our elders are untill we are elders ourselves.

maryq.. hope you have a fun day and that the cleaning goes fast.

DH was on facebook yesterday and boom.. we got a virus of somekind... it went right past our Norton protection... thankfully we have another computer that DH hooked up last night.. this one has McAffe protection and will not ever see facebook.... today I am going to work on my ginger bread men... and I really need to pick out my secret pal stuff... and pick out my star sew along fabric... but first.. I have to go take care of a few things for grandma..... you all have a super day... see you tonight at the sewin...

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:32 am

Good Morning All!

Lois good luck with your quilt.

Mary we just went through my grandmothers apartment, we still have the storage unit to do it was draining both emotionally and physically but in the end we found some wonderful stuff hiding in the junk.

farmchick I think that must be what happens to me ever time I shower, LOL!!!!!!

Vicky congrats on 22 years!

CaroleJ congrats on the new dog!

Kathy I knew you would do well! Congrats to you all so.

Chrissy I hope your DGS is okay I kneeled on a nail once and also got to go the tetanus shot route.

grammie I will have to get over here on time for this sew in lol I missed pages at the last one.

Carol that's fantastic you mom was able to eat everything it is so hard when you have to watch a loved one start to go down hill.

Vivian enjoy playing with your 9 years old :O)

MaryMargret be careful with that cleaning ;O)

Chriss do you know how the virus got onto your computer? that's scary for sure!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
I am going to work on the snowman wall hanging kit I picked up yesterday. That is if I can get out of doing yard work, I have to see how much my kids want to do it. LOL!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:06 am

Good late morning from another perfect day in SW. Pa....The sun is shining, it's in the high 70s and not a cloud in the sky....

DH is mowing the grass and has doled out jobs to the troops....I always have a "to do" list for our son when he visits and most of the time, we don't get around to doing too many....I'm just so darn glad they're here and enjoy just sitting and talking, I forget the list....

Today is normally my "nasty stuff" day...But so far, we've consumed many cinnamon rolls, read the paper and played a few games of Uno, (which I lost all but 1)...But now we're moving outside and play in the dirt...I have some hostas that need a home and an 11 yr. old that loves to dig....

Later I'd like to visit a couple of furniture stores and check out dining room stuff....Every once in a while, I get the urge to buy and right now is the time, especially with DS here with his truck....

Well, my landscaper is ready....You all have a great day,
enjoy the rest of the day.....

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:10 am

Hi all it's afternoon on the right side I just got back from getting my nails done and am ready for action .

IM going in the sewing room and am going to sew hopeing to get finished this weekend.

then it's time to start thinking about christmas I know what I want to do it's just getting started.

I just want to say thank you all for your kind words for me a Dolores.

Thanks Again

Lois BBL

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:15 am

If you are happy & you know it clap your hands. Clap Clap Clap
If you are happy & you know, then your life will surely show it

Are ya happy? LOL I am. Don't know why, just woke up to a beautiful morning and that song popped into my head. NOW it is stuck there! LOL Been folding some washed fabric. Now I have a load of clothes in the dryer. Have a couple of ugly things to do and maybe run a couple of errands. Then I have to iron more fabric. That is enjoyable to me.

Lois, I read about Delores's quilt. She really should call the quilter and talk to her calmly. I would want to know that she was so unhappy if I was the quilter. Most quilters would I think. IMHO I think they would want to do the right thing by it. That was sad.

Did anyone ever post the recipe for a Grape Salad? There was talk about a Grape Salad by sev. one week & I'd never heard of it. I would dearly love to get the recipe. I can't remember who it was that was talking about it though.

Well I better get busy. Sure hope a lot will be here for the Sew In this evening! Or actually the Gab Fest. LOL I better stop by the convenience Store & fill up with air if we are going to try to chat more than 1000 posts! ROFLOL Get your fingers limbered up yall. LOL See ya there.

Love you ALL

PS. Vicky I wish you & your Husband a very Happy Happy Anniversary! May God Bless you both and you have another happy & healthy 22 plus, more.

Huge Hugs

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:39 am

Chriss - It was five generations in Switzerland. I never thought I could get so much information!!

Carin - Yes, it is very difficult to watch her go downhill. I do not see my Mom often, but my brother does and he was saying how little she ate. He is on vacation and is going to be surprized when we tell him she finished her meal!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:45 am

Windy day on Lake of the Woods. That makes it a sewing day. I like Sat. mornings here. There's a PBS station in northern Minnesota that has several quilt/sewing shows on it.

Return to “Sew ins”