Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 am

Hey, Chrissy! Where exactly is Elbridge, NY??? Is it close to PA??
Heck, when I would go to work with a cough, NO ONE told me to go home! They knew that they would have to do my work! LOL!
Zucchini brownies sound kinda good...do you have a recipe to share???
I read somewhere...maybe here?...that sometimes those topsy turvy tomatoes get so heavy that the hook just pulls out and they fall!

Joanne:0)

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 am

goodness you all are talkative this morning!

I read everyones posts and am thinking of you all but I have exactly 5 minutes on the computer this morning so no time to comment on them all.

My guild (okay its a group of about 10 of us that like to quilt that get together once a month) is taking a road trip 2 hours East to a little town in Wyoming that is said to have an amazing quilt store. We will go shopping, get some lunch then head home so I will be back to share all the details around 4 or 5 mountain time.

Hugs to you all, Carin

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:49 am

Good Morning to everyone - My sweet DH just made a run to get some "fat pills" for breakfast - ie donuts - we have a great little donut shop not to far from the house and they are fabulous and fresh - so I am taking this time to see what everyone is up to.

Cool and foggy this morning - that's nice - then it won't be to hot this afternoon.

DS sent me a video of my littlest DGS taking his first steps last night - he is 10 1/2 months old - they bribed him with a bottle so he would walk for the camera and Grandma!! His older brother was there cheering him on - he's three!! I love technology!!!!

I got all the little pieces of my quilt paper pieced and I am now ready to assemble them into the four patch - maybe by this afternoon there will be pictures I can post of the top

So I am off to sew - have a great day BBL

Jana

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:51 am

Good Morning Everyone. It sounds like yall are busy as can be today! LOL That is a good thing that we are able. I have a lot of things I hope to get accomplished around here too. House stuff, yard stuff, fabric to wash then iron, sewing room to straighten, couple of B-day gifts to wrap for our DGS Zac. Hard to believe he is turning 7. Doesn't seem that he has been in our family that long. And my list just goes on. LOL

My DS & DDIL told Zac that he was adopted recently. He'd been asking questions about his birth and right before he was born so they figured it was time. He came to stay the night shortly after that and was up in my lap and we were looking at a baby pic we have of him on the wall. He grinned at me and said When was the first time you saw me? I told him "the very first night your Mom & Dad got you." He then asked When was the 2nd time you saw me? I told him the very next day & that Grandpa & I went over to see him & we all went to Babies R Us and bought his crib and lots of baby clothes and stuff babies need. Then he asked when ws the 3rd time you saw me? I answered & this went on & on. I know it was his way of letting me know that he knew that he was adopted. He would just grin when I'd answer him. LOL He seemed satisfied with it all. I tld him he & Riley were special because they were chosen. That really seemed to satisfy him. See, my DS & DDIL were told that it owuld probably take a yr or longer to get a baby. Well it took not even 3 months. Got a call one evening that they could have a preemie foster drug baby that would be up for adoption more than likely & 20 minutes later, the State Dept. was at their door with this tiny 5 lb bundle. Sorry for the book. LOL

Well I have got to get myself busy. I hope ALL of you have a wonderful day doing whatever you do today. Be safe while driving. People always drive less cautious on Fridays so use MORE caution.

Love You All

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:55 am

Jana I just love the new word to me "Fat Pills" for doughnuts. ROFLOL That is a good one. And I agree, isn't technology wonderful? Walking at 10 1/2 months is good! That was sweet that they sent you the video.

Hugs

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:02 am

Good Morning Carin, Jana and Cathy!! Carin, have a great time...be sure to tell us all about it!
Jana, hope you get that top together...I love pictures!
Cathy, what a wonderful story!!! You are blessed.

Well, the border in on half of the curtains...boy, am I slowwwww!
lol! The 1st load is in the dryer and another load in the washer. Now I'm thinking lunch...

Joanne:0)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:26 am

Carin - I'd LOVE to be having your day. You will have so much fun.

Joanne - I'm hoping there won't be quite as much humidity at the lake this weekend. If there is the humidity there it will be like playing and fishing in a sauna. Gosh, you'd think I'd sweat off about 10 lbs. but somehow it just doesn't work that way - LOL.

Awwwww Cathy. And I remember when y'all found out about Riley - you were here in Houston at the quilt show because I remember getting teary in the lunchroom where we met up.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:43 am

Yep, Cindy we were. LOL Zac called us while we were out eating dinner our first night there in Houston and told us that they got to keep baby Riley. I cried & cried & couldn't eat dinner. LOL My bestest trip ever to Houston. LOL

My DH just finished mowing for me. He is getting ready to run out to his job. I have Indigo fabric pretreating in Retayne for bleeding and man it is really bleeding! I have a feeling it will get a Vinegar bath as well. How much Vinegar for 8 yards of fabric???? In hot water? Then do you rinse then do a reg. wash? I have never used Vinegar. This is Civil War fabric and it is pretty but WOW it is really bleeding! LOL Really!LOL Help!

I have treated myself yesterday to a QIAD shopping spree to calm myself down after I lost my temper with someone & should not have. Then I had a brain storm to make a quilt for a worthy cause and went to the LQS. Reason for the Civil War fabric. It will be a very simple quilt of some sort but made with love. I just hope with DH's job he can get it quilted within a reasonable time but this job is looking to be a 2-3 week job. Got to pay the bills and I am very very thankful he has a job! No complaining from me.

Well got to go check the fabric. If any of you use Vinegar baths please let me know HOW & HOW MUCH? LOL Thank You so much!

Love Yall

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 am

Good early afternoon from semi sunny, warm SW. Pa....We had rain over night and now the sun is starting to shine and will be a glorious day....
Everyone is so busy and I really feel like a slug....So far, I've made the bed and done the dishes...Of course I've been feeding my face....My son made cinnamon rolls for our breakfast and they are to die for...Now he's making banana bread...Boy I'm going to hate to see these guys go home....DDIL left this morning to spend a couple of days with a girl friend so it makes the house a little less congested....

This afternoon, my youngest grand son and I are running...He wants to get a hamster and I told him, we'd get everything but the critter and he could get that when he gets back home...There is no way I want another animal in this house...Could you imagine if the hamster happened to get loose with my 3 cats.....Of course, they don't know they're cats!

Girl, those tomatoes look great...Our's started out like that and then the blight took over and our plants look terrible and not producing like they should...Our beans are OK and the peppers are growing very well...Just those darn tomatoes...At the end of the year, I always make relish with the green tomatoes and I'm afraid this year I won't have enough.....

Well, I think another cup of tea and maybe another cinnamon roll and then I'll be able to keep up with my grandson buddy.....

Have a great day, everyone
Enjoy

misssharna

Post by misssharna » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:26 am

I am new to post to this site, though I have been reading it regularly. Just wanted to say how nice it is to hear about how your days are going and what projects you are doing..... Love to hear about canning, making jam and soap. I too love making jam.

Bubbles... is there a book on soap making that you would recomend? My DH and I are interested in making soap, but don't quite know were to start.

Thank you all for just letting me be part of your lives each and every day.....Here in southern California, we are praying for rain since we are in a drought and are on water rations.

Return to “Sew ins”