Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:48 am

Good Morning to all....

We are expecting some sever storms today. It it not hot but we have full humidity!!!!!

My DBF arrived safely yesterday. She was 2 1/2 hrs later than expected. She said then roads were just clogged with cars. She is still sleeping.

Well friends today is my exam day...the CDA exam. It is from 2 to 4. I am not worried about it. Just want it all tom be over!

Lori...how far along are you on your pink quilt?

Lois... Hope you can stay plugged and quilt but we are expecting some severe weather! Some days they just can not get the weather right!!

Dolores..sorry about all the ripping..I will go back and read yesterdays post. I also have not heard about the ergonomically ripper. I usually use my rotary cutter.

Vicky...I agree.. the weather it scary. we have too much rain and some none.

Dorothy...enjoy day with your friend...I know I am!

Maybe later....Kathy

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:49 am

Hi Everyone,
Sorry Dolores that your having to pick out stitches..Bummer...Raining here, and has all night..Hubby had to go out @ 10pm don't know what time he came in...I have errands today..so..You all have a good time here.....Hugs Bev

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:52 am

Good morning everyone. Today is normal routine. Get up, have coffee while checking out what's happening here in the sew-in and who needs prayer, go to work.

Lori...I agree, July has just sped by. Where does the time go?

Lois...Good luck at you Dr. appt.. Have fun with your sewing after you get home.

Dolores...It made me want to cry for you when I heard you had to rip out all the quilting. Wish I could be there to help you. Good luck with your infusion.

Vicky...Hope you will get to work on the binding today.

DorothyM...Hope your Dr visit goes well. Enjoy your lunch with your friend.

Just finished my coffee, now I really need to get myself in gear and get dressed for work before I am late. Everyone have a blessed day no matter what your plans.

Mary

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:01 am

Wow, I'm oving slow today. Five of you posted while I was typing.

Chriss...have a great day at work.

girl...mmmmmmmm fresh canned tomatoes!

Chrissy1...I'll need to go check out your post in chit chat.

Kathy...Good morning. Sorry the weather isn't cooperating.

Bev...Good luck with your errands today.

Mary

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Wow - you're up and running today, lol. Got hubby out the door and now peeking in here for a bit with a cup of coffee then need to do a weee bit of housework - can't get ugly, ya know? Then I'm heading to the soap room for most of the day. I'm doing the Farmer's Market in the morning and I'm low on products - that is both good and bad, LOL!

I hope you all have a blessed and beautiful day!

HUGS!

Bubbles

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 am

Good Morning everyone! Wet here in SW Ohio!! Rained all night..humid all day yesterday. I was watching the national weather yesterday...wow the northwest is scorching HOT!! I just can't believe it..record high temps. Washington State seems to be the worst...and from what they said, air conditioning isn't common there, so they are really suffering.

DH went to the showgrounds to work on the last of the old schooldesks and get them into the school..and if there's time, he'll work on the temporary handrail for the wheelchair ramp. Tomorrow we will all go and clean out the log cabin (where I work during the show) and the General Store (where DH's daughter will work). That will be after I have my monthly breakfast with my friend in the morning. At least it won't be hot!

I'm having my first coffee and got a load of laundry in the washer..gotta check the rest of the posts. BBL

Joanne:0)

PS - Bubbles your soap is sitting here by the computer smelling up my room!!!! Valerie sent me some as a prize. Man, I LOVE that smell!!!!!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 am

Dolores Fons and Porter makes a thick handles seam ripper. It is easy on the hands,

My sis brought over 4 quarts of black rasberries she picked so I will make jam. I need to run up to the store and get some pectin as I am all out. I also need some lids. I can probably get 6 to 8 jars of jam out of this, I will split with her, Homemade is so good. Out of this all I will probably have one piece of toast with some of the jam on it and that will be all. I am not a jam person. But I love making it.

I also have to run up and get some glue sticks....I have about 40 more applique pieces to do.

The garden is looking very bad, The mosquitos are so furocious you cant even work out there, and the gound hog has destroyd so much of it. My tomatoes are not looking good either, It is very disappointing. But next year we may try something different, No biggie. I learn each year by my mistakes. I will have a lot of potatoes and rutabaga, and squash. I am getting some green beans also but not many, I live in an area with lots of farm markets so I will just support the local economy.

I am about 2 miles from a peach and apple orchard, I will probably can peaches this year to make up for some of the stuff I didn't get from the garden. Right now I had better get my behind in gear. BBL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:18 am

Lots going on here this morning. As usual, I'm at work.

Joanne, we must have seen the same news - were you watching ABC. I thought about our Washington state girls here who are trying to stay comfortable in that heat without air conditioning. I hope cooler weather comes for them really soon.

It's down-right oppresive here. When I got to my office it was 85* with about 90% humidity. The air is so heavy you can feel yourself walking thru it - UGH. You walk out the door and immediately break out in a sweat. The rain that's in Texas is all north and east of my area but we sure feel the humitity from it. We really really really need some rain.

Going to read a bit more and then get busy. Have to get some money in the bank today. BBL

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:25 am

I'm back. That was the fastest trip I took to the office in a long time. The ladies that I work with didn't like the sound of my cough (it's a cough, nothing more) said I looked terrible (hey what do they expect for a friday) and said I should go home. Soooooo I will be baking zucchini brownies today and then get the stuff to make a bundt cake, and what all to take to a picnic tomorrow. Judi, feel free to send me some jam anytime, actually, why don't you just come deliver it. We always have room for an rv. One of the attorney's at our office has the tomato topsy turvy thing growing and it is working great. we are apple country so in about 2 1/2 weeks we will start getting apples. Hoping to get peaches in Pa. I love to freeze them. Everyone please stay safe, there sure is a lot of nasty weather all over the country

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:27 am

Judi, I love jam! Years ago I made alot of herb jelly...Lemon Verbena, Rosemary, Lavender, Sage. NO ONE but me would eat it!! LOL! You just basically use an apple jelly and infuse the herbs in it, then strain them out. It's really good, but the idea or the name of the jelly sometimes put people off. My kids still laugh! LOL!

Cindyg I'd be climbing the walls if I were you! I hate it when we need rain and it is humid!! Yesterday just walking through the house made me break out in a sweat. And it was only in the low 80's, but the humidity was through the roof!

Well, I've got to finish putting the clothes into the dryer and go to the sewing room and turn on the air up there. I want to work on the rest of the bathroom curtains today...I get on here and the time just goes! LOL!!

Joanne:0)

Return to “Sew ins”