Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi everyone. I've just been working on the BC Pink quilts and needed a break. I can't believe it's the last day of July already. Time is just flying by. Hope everyone has a productive and positive day. Lori
Lori 8-)

fabricgirl

Re: July 31, 2009 Fabulous Friday

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:28 pm

GoodMorning Lori

Well no work for me today IM off and have a DR appt today after that I will go for breakfast with my SIL and then afterwards off to the foodstore for some stuff then you guessed it try to do a little sewing just maybe I can finish my quilt If the weather isn't tooooo bad I don't like to have my machine plugged in while there is a light show going on out there.

Well enjoy the day.
Lois BBL

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 am

Well ladies I am up and ripping already I was doing it until I was ready to go to bed.
I guess if you read what I posted yesterday I was so sad and Mad at the same time.
But when your dealt lemons you start making the lemonade.
I think I am about half way done or there about taking all of my top stitching out.
I have to go for my infusion today and that is 4 hours so I have a lot of quiet time on my hands Thank God.
I have realized that I have to invest in an ergonomically correct seam ripper with a large grip on it.
I am wishing happy thoughts and no stress for everyone today.
See you all later
Dolores

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:37 am

More rain here, this has been one of the coolest and rainiest summers I can remember.

Working on binding today, I didn't get any done yesterday at all.

Vicky

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:44 am

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori - I'm with you can't believe that it is the last day of July. Some months go faster than others.

Dolores - I wasn't aware the they made ergonomically correct seam rippers, will have to look into that.

Lois - enjoy your breakfast after the Dr. appointment.

I'm off today to go with a friend to the Dr., then she wants to stop at Joann's. I'm sure that we will stop for lunch. Want to get a load of wash on the line before she picks me up. Don't think there will be any sewing for me today. Hope to get back to some tomorrow.

Off to the shower and get together.

Everyone have a great day, were ever the day takes you.

DorothyM

Edited for word correction

girl

Post by girl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:34 am

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... /001-2.jpg

Fresh tomato's that I picked and canned last night. Well worth it when winter gets here. I hope everyone is having a good day. Ya its Friday.

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:36 am

Heading back to work on this muggy, grey, ready to rain AGAIN day, but hey in a week I will have a vacation week. WOO HOO. Did a big goof last evening but am going to deal with it. While talking with hubby about his cousin Jim, I put two sides of the binding of my sisters quilt on the back side first, well guess what, it is staying that way. I finished it, grumbling all the way around, but now will make very very tiny careful stitches to bind it to the front. Guess it is true that i really can't do two things at once. I posted ad update of Jim in the chit chat section. Just want to reieterate here the power of prayer and positive thoughts. Everyone have a safe, healthy and wonderful day.

girl

Post by girl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:38 am

Well I was trying to post the photo but I failed to do it right.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:41 am

good morning all... hope your day is wonderful.

Lois, hope that weather cooperates with you.... my uncle used to say..... "that mother nature, she's an 'onery heffer"....

Dolores.. you really have made progress... I hope you get it ripped and quilted properly...

Vicky... here we have had one of the hottest summers in a while... or maybe I am just getting older and can't take the heat like I used to....

Dorothy, enjoy your day with your friend.

Girl, your tomatos are beautiful...

well, I need to get ready for work... I am thrilled it's friday...I have some ginger bread cookies to make this weekend and I need to pick out some fabric for the star sew along...

Looks like we posted around the same time Chrissy... I am off to read your post in chit chat hope you post a picture of that quilt...

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

girl

Post by girl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:43 am

Return to “Sew ins”