Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July 30 2009....

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: July 30 2009....

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 am

AM I confused is this really thurs am. I feel like everyone but me stayed up all night and posted. It is Thurs Right? I will iron this am and then I need to go to my DD to babysit for a few hours while she and a friend go clothes shopping, Her 10 reunion is next week. Well the ironing fairy isn't coming today. I need a cuppa joe then hit the board.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 am

Good Morning!!!

I am as ready as I can be for DBF. I am leaving for work in a few. Just wanted to say HI!!

Maryellen the Mother-in-Law!!!! Congrats,,,,what a wonderful way to propose!!

Vicky...have a Happy and many blessings.

Girl....Happy to hear you good news!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:14 am

MaryEllen Congrats, What great memories they will make.

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 am

Hello everyone,
Congrats MaryEllen....I am sorry I brought all this stuff up about my Mom, I didn't mean to cause hurt and bad memories..Like i wrote and told Sarah, It would be better if one of us is gone from the other..it's kind of hard when she lives out from me, yes, I could Move!, But my place is Pd off and I Love it, because all my Memories is here....I shouldn't have to give up everything because of her...
I am doing ok....Like I said I am used to her Bitter, hating ,lying ways.....I wouldn't wish this on my enemies...to have to endure her hate...but, the sun will be out tomorrow and there is another Day...she will need me one of these times...Sorry..I won't be there.....I can't stay mad all the time..It eats you up inside,,,she is the one that's lost out....On My Grand kids her GG grands..and the happiness that goes on here....It;s sad when You can't tell her Your Brother has called you ..she would be mad!..My Brothers love me, But they have to hide it around mom..or shes MAD!Jealous...always will be...Ok..enough..I Love You all...You don't know what it means to have friends Like You all...wish I could Hug all if you....again, sorry for pouring out my troubles here.....Bev

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:04 am

Good Morning my friends....

Kathy, I hope you have a super weekend and that you and your friend enjoy it to the fullest... Sorry your mom didn't realize what a wonderful daughter she had... boy did she loose out....

Mary Ellen.. what exciting news.. I hope they have a happy life together.... and I am getting excited for you.... your surgery isn't that far off now...

Linda... good luck with that Bargello....

Carolyn, hope you have the best time ever... and have some wedding cake for me... I love wedding cake.. mostly I love the frosting....lol.

Lori, enjoy the sewing...

Lois, hope your time at work flies by

Vicky, hope you enjoy your picnic and your family.

Girl, I am thrilled that you got good news... keep us updated...

Grammie... hope you have a wonderful day....

Bev.... this forum, I think, is for us all to use... I am sorry about your mom but not sorry you told us about it..... everyone needs an outlet... and we support you....

well, my lunch isn't going to make it'self... you all have fun today

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:05 am

Good morning everyone. Taking a day off from the office, a tad of a summer cold going on, but not a big deal. Need to kick it before saturday when I visit Aunt Martha. For those of us that have had a very bad parent experience, I just tell myself, without my birth father, there would not be me and without me there would not be the beautiful family that I am blessed with. Today I WILL get the binding on my sisters quilt. Her 50th birthday is coming up fast. Here is a really easy breakfast treat for two (or in my case I ate both) Mix 1 egg, 1 Tabs. milk, 3 Tabs. sugar and 1/8 tesp. cinnamon. Mix all well. Dip two slices of bread in mixture. Put a little butter in a pan and fry as you would french toast. Doesn't even need syrup. It came from our grandsons Paula Deen kids cookbook. Have a lovely and safe day one and all. Thanks for being a part of my world

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:54 am

Good Morning everyone!! Kinda gloomy here, and humid. Ugh!

Maryellen what a wonderful story!!! Just perked me right up...I wonder if anyone got a picture of that??

Oasis good luck with the Bargello pattern...if it's the one I'm thinking of I would never attempt it! LOL! Let us know how it goes.

Sewcarolyn have a wonderful vacation!!

zfatcat ugh! 8 straight days...makes me glad all over again that I retired!

Vicky have a great family day!

Kathy have fun with your guest!

girl, great news

Grammie, I bought this ironing board cover..my ironing board is old (1950's), so it is wider than the new ones, so I saw this cover that is wider. Well...it is too short!! Bad thing is, I stripped off all the old covers and pads (yuk!) and now I have nothing!! LOL! I paid $11 for the new cover and it fits this awesome ironing board that I saw..extra wide and more square surface..it is $31...now, do I buy the new board and sell my board at the yard sale, or do I just sell my new cover....so far I'm doing nothing, which means that I have to iron on my June Taylor pad in the sewing room!! LOL!!!

Chriss, if you love cake frosting..I love cake, but not so much the frosting...I'll eat the cake and you can have my frosting!! LOL!

Bev, I'm so sorry about your problems with your mom...

Chrissy, that's the way I make french toast! I always put sugar in my egg/milk mixture...the only thing I add that is different, I add a little vanilla in mine. I like your outlook on parents!! Good thinking.

Well, gee, I didn't realize how many had posted!! BBL

Joanne:0)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 am

Mequilter - congrats on obtaining a new son. Will you be planning a wedding soon?

Kathy - you and your DBF have a wonderful visit. I love getting together with mine.

Oasis - have fun with your bargello quilt. What colors are you using?

Sewcarolyn - sometimes all the work before and after vacation makes is seem almost not worth it. I do hope you enjoy your vacation tho and have some wedding cake for me, too. I scrape most of the icing off.

ZFat - I hope you get to sew today. There are days when I just HAVE to get to my machine.

Vicky - enjoy your pool party.

girl - hooray for your good news!

Grammie - yes, today is Thursday.

Luv_2 - vent anytime - that's why we are here. We need each other at times and right now is your time.

Working girls - have a great day and may it go by really fast.

I'm at work - it's payroll day - that's always fun - LOL. Picking up one of my DGS after work and then going to the grocery to get food for camping at the lake this weekend. Then I'll be fixing dinner and packing food and clothes this evening. I can't be a slug tonight.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 am

Chrissy girl is a very wise woman,

Jo, I always would opt for the bigger board. Sell the cover. Lay the ironing board upsidedown on the floor and trace around it on some fabric and a piece of muslin and some batting. Made it big enough to wrap around to the underside plus about 3 inches. I made a casing around the edge and strung it with old biased binding in a package that I had, I double sewed at the back and left an opening, I put the whole thing on the board and gently pulled the binding tight. It lasts a good long time and I use up old fabric. I don't bother with insulbrite or any of that and I have not had a problem. Cheap too/

Carolyn have a great time on vacation

Kathy have fun with your DBF

Linda, good luck with the bargello. I did not have the patients for it.

Vicky have a great time with your dd

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:32 am

morning, Cindyg!! Ugh, I wouldn't like to be shopping and packing, but I guess it is worth it for your trip to the lake!! My ex MIL had a camper and it was always packed, clean, and ready to go at a moments notice! That woman was awesome...unbelieveably organized!! Have fun this weekend.

Judi, you are a lifesaver!!! Thank you sooo much for the directions on the ironing board cover!! Love ya!!!

Well, I've done NOTHING but lurk and post all morning! NOW I will go to the sewing room!! BBL

Joanne:0)

Return to “Sew ins”