Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July 30 2009....

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

July 30 2009....

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Hello!!

I am really off to bed. DBF is coming tomorrow and I may not be here much this week end. Tonight I was doing some last minute things.

I see so much went on today. I will be praying for you all.

Bev...you story touched my heart. I had a very difficult mother. I won't go in to it but I had to remove her from my life in order to be well. We did not live near each other so that made it a little easier for me. I knew from a very young age(5or6) that I did not love her. She is dead now and didn't feel anything for her when it happened except for the loss of the chance she would change and love me or my 5 other siblings. It was truly her loss min so many ways. My 4 sisters and I are wonderful woman. We could have enriched her life. Sadly that can never be. Having her for a mother made the 2 of us that have children wonderful Mothers...life is funny. I will be praying for you and your brother.

I try to check in here and there....Kathy

mequilter9158

Re: July 30 2009....

Post by mequilter9158 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 pm

It's just a few minutes from being Friday here. I guess I napped just a little too long this afternoon to be this wide awake. Or else it could have been the wonderful phone call that I just received about one hour ago. My daughter was in the middle of her volleyball game & her boyfriend walked onto the court & got down on his knee & proposed! He had told me that he wanted to surprise her and she didn't even see it coming. I am so happy for both of them. I'm still teary eyed as I'm writing this. So, I better try to get some sleep, morning comes way too soon. I'll check in later.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Congrats Maryellen!!! A "Mother-in-Law"! Sounds like he is a keeper, planning the surprise and then doing it.

I guess it is Thursday on the East coast.....still evening here in Ca.

My Mother left when I was 2 and I was passed from relative to relative until I got married at 18. I Guess I just thought all Mothers were sweet, nurturing and especially with their daughters. I realize there are some rough spots, but I'm so sorry to hear that so many of you have unhappy memories.

I'm trying out the BARGELLO pattern today/tomorrow. I really like those patterns and just found a fairly easy and well demonstrated book so decided to go for it!

Everyone have a nice Thursday!

Linda

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:35 pm

mequilter9158--CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR DAUGHTER AND TO YOU TOO

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:37 pm

I hit return before I said hello and good-night it is approaching bedtime for me. I have been busy packing since we leave on vacation tomorrow evening and I will be off until the 10th of August.
we are going to NY for a wedding and then back to Boston for a week to spend with our older daughter

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow is it the 30th already! We got back from the OC fair about an hour ago. I haven't had a chance to sew in 2 days. I will have to make some time later today to sew. I'll be working 8 days straight from graves right into day shift starting Friday. UGH! TTFN
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Oh Congrat MaryEllen. That is so awesome.
Lori 8-)

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Goodmorning all

congrat Maryellen .

Well I guess everyone went back to bed that is not fair I have to go to work but I have time when I get home.

Lois BBL

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 am

sewcarolyn- where is New York are you going?

I've been taking my two granddaughters to the pool twice a week for this summer, today their mother (my second daughter) is coming to see me! This is a BIG deal as she hasn't been here since Christmas Eve,(She lives 10 minutes away) we don't see much of each other. We are going to have a picnic at the pool, all my children will be there except my oldest son. I pray for HAPPY family day!

I would like to work on binding the wedding quilt tonight. We haven't watched a movie in a while so maybe tonight we will and I can sew on it.

Vicky

girl

Post by girl » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:50 am

Good morning to all and I hope everyone has a blessed day. The doctor yesterday gave us good news. Ya YA YA!!! We still have to go back in three months and have another ct-scan, that is standard for this type of cancer. It the first time in a long time that we had received good news and a big sie of relief came off my chest. I worry alot and that is normal. Happy quilting today and I have to work today.

Return to “Sew ins”