Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Morning..the start of a wonderful week! 7/27

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: Monday Morning..the start of a wonderful week! 7/27

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:26 am

Hi Everyone!
I am going to play with fabric, mark a quilt and do some machine quiting. I want to work on the paper piecing I started yesterday. I learned so many things this weekend! The show really is a great way to get one out of a slump!!

Lori - Could you use the leaf blocs as a border? What are the colors?

Carolyn - Have a good day at work today!

Mary - I hope you slept well. You must be very excited to see all of your family.

Chriss - Prayers and best wishes Jerry gets the job and it lasts a very long time!!!

Delores - You are very lucky to be so close to your sister!

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone!!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:52 am

Good Morning everyone! Sun is shining and it's supposed to be a high of 84 deg. today. The weather guy said that in our area (tri-state, SW Ohio/KY/Ind.)this will be the coolest July on record! I LOVE it!

Chrissy1 I'm waiting for the copy of that book that I bought on Ebay..hopefully it will be here tomorrow, too! Just what I need...more stuff on my quilt wish list! lol! But when I saw a couple of the quilts on the front and back of the book, I knew I had to have the book! And I haven't seen the pattern that you talk about yet...LOL! Thank you for "talking" about it!! That sour cream/cuke recipe looks like the "polish style"...my mom told me, years ago, that the Polish people (my father's family was Polish)fixed their cukes with ALOT of sour cream and I always just put a little sour cream in mine...and there was more vinegar and sugar. Hers was really thick and mine was thin.

Chriss, hope Jerry gets good news today!!!!! Prayers and fingers and toes crossed! Let us know as soon as you find out...the job market is really tough right now.

Sharon, I hope someone volunteers to quilt that top for the PFTH soon...I've got 2 quilts to quilt right now and I only do handquilting or domestic SM quilting and you really need a long armer. This is a great group, so I know someone will step up soon!

Q7 haven't done much PP but would like to learn...it's a hard concept for me to get my little brain around! lol!

DH went to the showgrounds this morning...I stripped the bed and need to go to the library..and maybe work on my swirling stars blocks.

Ya'll have fun and have a great day!
Joanne:0)

macdor

Post by macdor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:38 am

Joannequilts - What do you like to read. Looking forward to see your swirling stars block quilt when it is done.

Quilter7 - It's nice to learn new things. I did one paper piecing quilt, I think I could use a class. Have fun.

IowaGal - I wish I could help you out with the quilt, I send mine to a LAQ.

Chriss - I hope Jerry has good news for you.

Chrissy1 - I looked at "Pink Lemonade" and almost ordered it. Looks like it has a couple of quilts that I would like to make. Still might go back and get it.

grammiequilts - Have fun picking out your new sofa.

luv_2quilt60 - Hope you get a nap.

momof6quilts - Have fun putting the binding on. Do you make your own labels on a embroidery machine?

msdeets - Have fun talking to your sister.

purrfect-lady - I had insomnia last night too. Hope you get a nap today.

zfatcat - I'm sure that you will find a home for the leaf block.

If I have miss anyone sorry. It is off to take care of my SP, I'm way late. The month just got away from me. Hope that the weather here hold off so we can get the get together in today. Can only hold off the food just so long. One more cup of coffee and then in the shower.

Everyone have a great day.

DorothyM

Edit for spelling

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:39 am

Good morning everybody.

Lori, Carolyn and Maryz - Y'all are night owls. Maryz - our BFFs used their 5th wheel for an extra bedroom when family came down. The family changed the sheets and cleaned the bathroom before they left and told BFF they had done so. What they DIDN'T tell them was that they left some windows open. Well, it rained several times in the 3 months before BFF went into the 5th wheel to pack and get ready to go somewhere with it. There was mold growing everywhere. Live, black/green/pink stinky mold.Besides the rain, it is very humid here and a great mold-growing climate. They had to throw away everything in there including the TV. What I'm saying here is to check out your RV after someone else stays in it.

Q7 - glad you enjoyed the show - WOO HOO. Only a year to wait for the next one - LOL.

Praying for good news for Jerry today.

Y'all make me hungry talking about the veggies.

Well, I'm at work....it's Monday morning....gotta put out some fires. Later.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:56 am

Good morning everyone. I'm up having a cup of coffee and waiting my turn for the shower. I hope it comes soon. I'll be out of here in about an hour and a half to meet up with Jeanne. I'm really looking forward to our visit. It looks like I really missed a lot yesterday.

Carolyn...have fun in your dreams.

Lori...hope you have a great day.

MaryZ...it's good you got some sleep while you were camping, but you need to keep it up now that you are back home.

Dolores...I've missed seeing you and Lois. It will be good to see you both back.

Ohhhh, can't comment anymore, it is my turn in the shower. See everyone later on tonight after I get home.

Mary

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:10 am

good morning!!! It is coffee time...

Chriss...hope all goes well for Jerry today. The class on African American Quilt Making was wonderful. The technique doesn't use rulers or templates. they are utility quilts and the idea was to get it done quickly. Some of the Gees Bend Quilts are incredible complex designs but all are free form.

Q7 I had so much fun taking the paper piecing class with you I fell asleep thinking of those blocks. I am going to get moving on cleaning up my piles of stuff that I brought back from the show and see if I can squeeze in some sewing before we leave on Thursday.

Lori...have fun cutting things with your new toy

luv_2quilt60,and Vicky your gardens are probably beautiful and if they are Groundhog free Chrissy and grammiequilts have ones to send you :)
Sharon...hope you get a volunteer

Joannequilts--paper piecing is fun and easier then you think, Q7 sailed through making the block yesterday

MaryZ-glad that you had fun on your trip :) Boy am I inspired to start playing with Cleo and my new projects. everytime I turn her on I think about you

Cindy have a great day at work and Dorothy enjoy shopping

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:11 am

Rosebud........have a wonderful day meeting new friends

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:20 am

Good morning everyone!!!

I know I don't come often on the "sew-ins".

I'm just passing by to wish you all a wonderful day full of sunshine in your heart!!!

Love & hugs

Denise

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:48 am

Good morning all,
Off to the post office to mail my blocks, and run some other errands. Hopefully I will sew this afternoon. The weather has been great here, doesn't feel much like july summer weather at all. I'm wondering what the winter will be??

Chriss hope Jerry will get good news today, will be praying for him.

chrissy1 I saw the Pinbk lemonade book, it's has some very cute patterns. We all need one more thing on our quilt wish list don't we?

Grammiequilts, hope you find the perfect couch and have fun!

Everyone have a great day.
Sharon

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:17 am

Morning ladies you are all so chatty already this morning!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone!

I am headed to SLC this morning for my Drs appt. I am praying she can help with my mono situation. I will let you all know what she says. I better go shower or I will have to go to the dr stinky ewwwww.

Return to “Sew ins”