Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Sunday, July 26th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: It's Sunday, July 26th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:39 am

Mary Ellen, what is a dill sauce???/ sounds interesting... we have always used just vinegar and oil and put in tomatoes, red onion and cukes....
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:45 am

Mary Ellen, I had forgotten about the dill!! in the cucumbers...and I think you all are right...it's sour cream, not mayo! AND garlic! My memory is SHOT. Thank you all for the reminders!!! Now I'm really starving...

Jo

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 am

afternoon ladies, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder so I will be doing more reading than typing today but I wanted to say hi and let you all know I was here "lurking" in the background lol!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Good afternoon - I thought that I would lurk around here too!!

Waaaaaay to many posts - it took me awhile to catch up - All this talk of food has made me hungry - but since I don't cook on Sunday - it will have to wait until tomorrow. Sunday around here is fend for yourself with what is left over in the refrig, and clean up after youself too!!

Had a great day at Church and even my 16 year old boys behaved!! Well since I bribed them with a piece of candy!!

Off to sew, even though my computer is sitting right next to my sewing area - still working on my blocks -
BBL

Have a great day

Jana

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Joannequilts - it's sour cream, not mayo that you use with the cumbers and dill. It has been some time since I have made it. It's good and a nice way to use up cucumbers.

All the talk about food today. We must all be hungry.

We pose pointed the cook out today to tomorrow, because of the rain that came in.

The quilting book that Chrissy1 is talking about is "Pink Lemonade and Other Delights" by Linda Johnson. Looking forward to see the quilt when you are done.

Chriss - I will box the pie and be right there.

Everyone have a good evening.

DorothyM

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:15 pm

ok Dorothy... you come on over... looks like the party is at my house girls... see you all soon.

how come everyone knows about the sour cream dill sauce but me???? please. can I be let in on the secret....lol

Maw.. sorry about the shoulder

Jana... glad you had a great time at church.

see ya' soon.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Thanks Dorothy! As soon as I saw it, I remembered. I haven't made it for ages, either. The cucumbers that we've planted the past few years didn't do well...I think they're picky about the weather! MMMMMM...did you say blueberry pie!!???? That is my absolute favorite pie...I adore blueberries in anything!!

DH isn't home yet...I figured he'd be late since he's helping his brother put away the yard sale stuff!
Opps! He just walked in!! Gotta go find dinner!!

Joanne:0)

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Chriss I need the recipe for the sour cream dill sauce too I always just did vinegar and red onions with the cukes

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Waving...`````` The cobbler was Great..I wished you all was here....we could of ate and chatted....have been working on my rag quilts..I fixed me a scrappy star and put in 4 of the blocks...where does the day go?....by the time i cook ,clean and sew...it's gone:(....oh well...you all have a good evening.......Bev

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Dang...all this talk about food is making me hungry. lol

Well I cut up some hst's with the Accuquilt for a leaf block. They come out so perfect I think I might cry. And you don't need to cut off the points, because it's already done when you cut the shape. This is going to be a huge time save.

Lori
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”