Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Sunday, July 26th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

It's Sunday, July 26th

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:47 am

Good morning everyone!! Today I am going to work on our neice's quilt for her housewarming. Yesterday we went to the tractor show. I go with my hubby to this and he goes to quilt shows with me. I will check back later. Have a great day.
Suzette58
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: It's Sunday, July 26th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:57 am

Good Morning..Suzette,

Oh, It just started to thunder. Must check windows!!

Kathy

Must shut down until later

Hi, That was some powerful storm. I see it took down some dead branches in the Maple tree.
Today I am going to cut out a table runner out of fruit fabrics. I have always wanted one. And I see many here make them.I am inspired by them.

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:05 am

Good morning ladies. I started working on the Linda Johnson day and night quilt last night so at some point today I will work on it more. I still need to find some fabric with more white and a little pink, also a pale yellow plaid for the solid squares, but this is for another day. The kitchen floor says mop me now,and I need to make chocolate cupcakes with white frosting for our receptionist at the office,her birthday is tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Sunday.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:23 am

Good Morning, HOpe everyone is having a great Sunday morning, I will work on some projects this morning and get DH clothes ready for the week.
The garden needs some tending(What's left of it...GRRRR) I will plant second crops today. Carrots, Brocoli, beans, and I will weed some. The Potatos are doing well,,and the ground hog doesn't like lima beans but they aren't growing well for me this year either, This garden has been an ongoing experement(science project) since I lived here, So I will keep trying, My sweet onions are looking really good and I will have enough garlic for a year. Hopfully the acorn squash will produce too.

Thanks again to Rosie for the quilt shop ideas for my upcoming trip to Holmes county Ohio.

Have a great day.....BBL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:45 am

OOOOPPPPS, where did it go? I was adding a discussion and it just disappeared. Oh well, here we go again in shorthand.

1. Good morning everyone!

2. Suzette, Kathy, and Chrissy have fun and enjoy your sewing today.

3. I'm finishing up my cup of tea, then leaving for Albuquerque. Plans are to meet up with Jeanne/GrandmaTaz tomorrow A.M., and possibly meet Sandi and Judyquilts tooo if they can make it.

Everyone have a special and blessed day today.

Mary

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am

Good morning grammie you and I must have been typing at the same time. Sorry about the critters and garden.

Mary

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:07 am

Good morning!

Today will be a warm (hot) 90 degrees with high humidity. I walked to the farm this morning to let out the chickens and got drenched (not by rain). I checked awhile ago, and the computer said 93% humidity!!! That's like a sauna while walking. Wish it would melt off some weight. (Too many snickerdoodle muffins, I know!)

DH and I helped all day yesterday at the community center they are building with volunteer labor. I made them chocolate chip cookies, then I ran the chop saw. I was SawCHick for the day.

Mary- have fun in Albuquerque. Hope everyone gets to meet!!! Sounds like a fun day!

Chrissy, what is a Linda Johnson Day & Night quilt? I just finished the El & Michelle D&N quilt in twin size. I just love it. Will definitely make another soon!!!

Kathy, I too like those fruit and vegetable quilts/table runners. They would be a bright point in winter--reminder of the summer bounty.

Suzette--we do make those trade offs, don't we! My DH will go to quilt shows with me. We went to the farm show last week and got ideas for the wood furnace (outdoor) we want for the house we're building.

Grammie--our sun made a raised garden out of railroad ties this year. He was able to plant more compactly, and it's easier to weed if necessary. Also, hasn't had many critters. He has an outdoor dog, however. He's had some GREAT produce, too.

Hope everyone has a good day! I'll fix breakfast and then go to church. BBL

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:09 am

Good Morning... we had Marilyn again last night.. her mom (my step daughter) had a bbq or something to go to.... which is good because it gave Marilyn another bath... they are staying with Step daughters boyfriends parents and according to Marilyn she can only use the shower and not the tub... and this little 6 year old can't do much in a shower as far as getting clean... grrrr..... thanks for my venting session.

today I will finish, bag and get my sweet blocks ready for monday's mail... I am cutting it close but it should take only a couple of days to get there....I also need to get a ginger bread man and woman made.. this will be a fun swap... it would be nice if I got my barn blocks caught up too... time will tell....

my gosh Kathy, it does sound like quite a storm you had... we would love to have the rain here... I am so surprised that there havent' been any big fires here so far this year...

Chrissy, my floors don't talk.... lol... I would like a cupcake if you could send one this way....

grammie, if they don't like potatoes, garlic and onion what if you planted them around the parimiter of the garden and maybe the little booger wouldn't go past them into the broccoli??? or is that really a lame plan?

Mary, make sure you post a picture.. what a fun group...

Farmchick.. hope your humidity goes away...

Suzette, sounds like you'll have a fun day

well, off to the sewing room....

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:14 am

Hello!!

I may not get to the table runner today. Next Friday I have to take an exam(4hrs)for the Child Development Associate class I took for the last 8 months. Today I need to go over my resource file, a huge loose leaf note book, of all I was required to do or write. I do not have any work to do I just have to go over it to be sure.

zfatcat..Oh yes I have seen the Accuquilt.

Chrissy...Is it me or is there a lot of baking going on here..Save a cup cake for me.

grammiequilts...Good luck with what is left of your garden. It lives in the Ground and it is a Hog!

Mary.. How wonderful that you can meet up with QIAD friends. I hope to some day.

FarmChick..It is very humid here..I can feel it on everything I touch.
Damp, damp, damp!

Well back to my notebook...maybe it will take less time than I think because I so want to cut up the fruit.

Kathy

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:24 am

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleep in this morning, a better nights sleep. Took a children's Benadryl, was hoping that it would help clear the ear's that had plugged from the air flight. I think that the Benadryl helped with the good night sleep.

KATHYSQUILTS - looking forward to see you table runner when you have it done.

Chrissy1 - What is the Linda Johnson day and night quilt? Sorry that there wasn't the time to get together. I should of stayed one more day. Two days was taken with travel and the other two to see friends and do things that DGS wanted. The one more day would of just given me that little extra time. Will be back next year, so we will be sure to do it then.

grammiequilts - have a good day in the garden.

rosebud3 - Have a good visit with Jeanne/GrandmaTaz tomorrow A.M., and Sandi and Judyquilts. Please take pic's.

FarmChick - Living in Fl. I know what you mean about the high humidity. Try and stay dry.

Well, we are suppose to have a cook out with the next door neighbors. Making a blueberry pie and macaroni salad. Better get myself together. Hope we don't get rain. Hope to get back to the sewing tomorrow. I miss it.

DorothyM

Return to “Sew ins”