Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday July 25 2009

Daily discussions.
macdor

Re: Saturday July 25 2009

Post by macdor » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Busy day in the posts. There is to many to answer, that's because my brain is still in NY. Made a trip to the store, and took a nap. That is about all I got done today. Think it will be early to bed too.

Chriss - I do agree with you about Facebook, I have all I can do to keep up with this site. And, I don't work. I pop on Facebook about once a week, maybe twice on a good week. Sounds like you had a great time with your DGD today. They sure can be expensive at times. I just came off four days of feeding a 9 year old. Helped that the hotel we stayed at had a nice breakfast. I couldn't get my DGS filled up. For me it was worth every penny.

I have read all the post, sorry that today I can't respond. Everyone have a great evening.

DorothyM

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Good evening - Just sitting here are per usual and watching all the how to shows on PBS - DH has this thing about them!! LOL

Chriss - Thanks I got it - Kyna, aka DD is really camping out in the woods - no plumbing at all - not even a outhouse!! They have built a portable one and have a shovel!! This is with 9 kids -ages 12 to 2 and 8 adults!! My idea of camping is pull up the motor home and plug it in!! She showed us the campground in the woods and it is pretty - but not that pretty.

Everyone is always busy around here and I am a giant size slug today!! Looked at the sewing machine and even turned it on, but no sewing yet. I am discouraged that I might not have enough of a piece of fabric for my tush kicking quilt. The LQS is out and it is not anywhere on the internet. So I am cutting very carefully and saving any scrap. I may have to piece a 1 1/2 inch square but I will get it - I hope!! I forgot to say that I bought it three years ago - that is what I get for making UFO's

Have a great evening

Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Happy to see you all here. I was beginning to think I was the only one with no life....LOL

Sarah...I am glad you are getting your basting done. To me it is the job I like least in quilting!

Rosie....How many shots do you need to get?

Chriss...Grandchildren are never cheap!!LOL

Bev...Sounds like your Grands are giving you plenty of exercise..

I think I am 3/4 of the way around the quilt. I am sure I will finish it tonight. I think I will celebrate with a Pomegranate Martini.

Later.....Kathy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't had a chance to read what's going on today. I had to work today. When I got home I started laundry so I could get packed for my trip to Albuquerque to see Jeanne/GrandmaTaz. My freezer alarm started going off so I checked to see if power had gone out while I was at work....but nooooo, the defrost heater coil or somethinghas gone out on my freezer. Everything that could be salvaged had to be moved to refrigerator freezer, and the stuff that had thawed and already got hot had to be tossed. That is now finished, so I came to check in. I'll go back and read up on the day later.

Hugs to all

Mary

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:30 pm

I bought the Accquilt GO at Long Beach Quilt Show. OMG what a great product. Thanks to Carol, I ended up bringing it home. And yes
I've already tried it out. It was a long haul to the car, but worth it. Lori
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Good evening all. I have had a busy day. The wedding shower was ok. (I hate showers) but they are a family necessity. Came home and helped my Sis do a scalloped border on her quilt. Then made DH something to eat and went out to lock up the camper. Seems there was a break in near where our camper is in my Sis back yard(6 acres) So My DBIL was worried that we didn't have it all locked up. Now I am home. Too late to sew. Going to take a shower and watch the BOM video. Maybe tomorrow I will get it done,

The first week in Aug we are going down to Berlin Ohio, Kidron ohio and to Dresden Ohio, camping. It is Amish country and I hear there are a lot of quilt shops, If anyone nows any good ones let me know. I am so excited to be going camping, We don't get out as much as I would like. DH wants to take a week in Sept to go up to the Upper Penninsula for a camp out too. But Ohio will be a lot of fun. G'nite all XXXOOOJudi

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Lori, was the Long Beach show wonderful? I posted pictures last night in the Chit Chat, so everyone check them out.

Having fun with the Grandchildren. We saw Harry Potter today and then for dinner I took them to Dairy Queen, so mom and dad could have a date. And sewing panel curtains for DGD.

Jeanne

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi Everyone!
The quilt show was marvelous!! I have had four wonderful classes. I had a class on Borders today with Karen Kay Buckley. If anyone is looking for a guild speaker, she is really good. She lives in Pennsylvania. Just use her name and dot com for her web site. I had to order her book, she did not have any more with her.

Lori - You must be very glad I talked you into carrying it to the car! LOL I knew you would be trying it very soon, but before I could even post. Wow! How many quilts will you cut out tonight?

I have not read everyone's messages so am not sure what kind of a day anyone had today. I hope everyone is well and happy!

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Hello all

Brenda, are you talking about the Quilt Box? I love that store, well I especailly like the surroundings. It is so pretty there but I sure wouldn't want to drive those roads in storms either. Good thing you stayed home and sewed. We had rain early this morning but nothing else. Just cloudy.

Chriss, Marilyn is lucky to have you for a grandma, is it your DD or DS? It's hard being a grandma. Hope the movie was fun.

I got all my blocks done for the sweet treat swap. I am so glad.. I honestly have been a slacker lately! Actually I had Cooper everyday last week all day long,whew was I tired when he left. I love him to death, but honestly I was so glad for friday to come. I can't imagine how I'd feel if he wasn't such a good baby. O yeah thursday I took him with me to lqs, he made lots of new friends what a womanizer!! Thought I might as well get him familair with all that fabric and all, never too young right? Told my DD I was starting him early and she said Oh no,poor Cooper he doesn't know what he's in for! LOL! DD says she remembers being bribed to go to the fabric store?? She still doesn't like going.

Hope everyone has a good sunday,
Sharon

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Yes im getting there Kathy now i just basted two tops wow. Im just been slow for now and going back forw with pc and quilting. Thinking what else i can do now i might just take a shower since the storm is gone now. Sarah

Return to “Sew ins”