Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday July 25 2009

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Saturday July 25 2009

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:13 pm

It's Saturday and I'll be going to the Long Beach Quilt Festival today. Yippie! I've been sewing binding on a quilt getting ready to mail if off on Monday. Hope everyone has a fabulous day.
Lori 8-)

macdor

Re: Saturday July 25 2009

Post by macdor » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:05 am

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!

I see that I have some reading to do today. Was a great trip, wanted to put my GS in the suitcase and bring him back with me. Was able to get together with a lot of my friends. One day we had a lunch with 8. Was a lot to get in with short time. But, did it. Yesterday was long had to have the rental car back by 12:45 pm. in Rochester. (I was staying in Syracuse). My flight didn't leave till 5:29 pm. Going I had a direct flight, coming back had to change planes in Atlanta. By the time I go by bags it was after eleven last night. Then there was a 30 min. drive home. It was wroth ever min. to see and spend time with my GS. I didn't get to see Chrissy1 for there just wasn't enough time. That I feel bad about. Was looking forward to meeting her.

zfatcat - Have a great day, wish I was going.

Did a quick check of quilt pic's. The quilts are just stunning.

Need to get more coffee and something to eat. Just want to drop in and say HI, and to let all know that I missed the posts.

Will be back later.

DorothyM

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:30 am

Good Morning! Up early today as I have a dress to hem for one of wife's at work. She is PG and going to a baby shower tomorrow and the dress is too long.

Then I have my baby quilt to quilt. Just going to stitch in the ditch.

Going to my sister's in Washimgton state next weekend so gotta get packing for that.

Bills to pay, Laundry to do. The company is coming today to change the filters in my water softener.

Other than that, not much to do here.

Hope you all have a great day. BBL
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:18 am

Good Morning....

I am getting ready to drive to the North fork. The new dogwood is not looking very well so I need to bring in some leaves for her to look at.

Today I want to finish binding a quilt...and start working on a label.
I give so many quilts away but this quilt I will keep!

zfatcat...Have a wonderful time at the festival...it sounds great.

Dorothy... Welcome back. I missed you. I thought about you and your DGS. I know you treasured every moment. I know I do when I go to Texas to see mine.

WS...sounds like a full day for you. Have a good visit with your sister. I am trying to plan one with mine in Massachusetts.

Well I am off to the tree doctors....Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 am

YEAH IT'S SATURDAY!!! I LOVE saturdays! It's going to be a beautiful day here in MN and I'm going kick butt and get some yard work done while it's still a little cool! Got the shelves in my sewing room straightened last nite and some projects lined up to do so after the Going Away Party for my nephew this afternoon I'm going to treat myself to a little time at the sewing machine, and throw in some laundry while I sew!

Lori: have a great time at the Quilt Festival--hope you can get some good pictures to share!

Dorothy: Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation... How old is DGS?

Well need more coffee, then on the way to chore!

Have a great day everybody

Marymargaret

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:09 am

well good morning.... I just finished getting all caught up on the forum... have decided to only limit myself to Facebook one or two days a week... I can't be spending too much time on this computer....

Dorothy... that was a long day... traveling always takes too long... and messes up a day each way no matter what you do....but I am glad you had fun...

Wesig... have a fun day... saw your fabric in the Star sew along.. it is really nice.... wish you could come over and go through mine and find a combo for me to use...

Kathy, hope that dogwood makes it... they are such beautiful trees... around here thy mostly grow in the very high altitudes....

MaryMargaret... your day sounds like lots of fun.... have some cake for me at the party

Lori and all others going to the quiltfest... I hope you have a blast.

We went and got Marilyn yesterday... It irritates me that one little girl can be so filthy dirty... her toe nails took forever to get the dirt out of them.... I don't know when the last time was that she had a real bath... she's only 6 and needs someone to scrub her down.. her objective in the tub is to play... not to clean... we have her little canvass shoes in the dryer now... couldn't get the dirt off of them.. they are so filthy... ok... enough of that.

We are going to watch G-force today at the show... we asked Marilyn if she had seen it and she said... not all of it.... which meant she saw the previews on tv....lol... then I will go buy her some new shoes and end up taking her home....

Jerry has a really good chance at that job he was looking at... he goes back on monday to "bug 'em" again...

but, while she is still sleeping I need to sew some pie for my sweet swap... only 10 to go.

hope you all have a super day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:13 am

Looks like the weather will be OK to go fish today.

I met a lady, LaNae, here who also quilts and we got to go for a F.A.R.T. a couple days ago. We had a really fun time. We bought a couple of kits, same ones, and we'll work on them and bring them back next yr. for show & tell.

I'm waiting for DD to call. Today is Pistol Pete's 2nd Birthday and we are going to do a video call.

Good Day to all,
Lyn

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 am

happy Saturday....going to a class in Long Beach this morning :) see ya later......Lori see you at the Festival

chriss.....have fun with that darling little Marilyn..........

Wee...catch a big fish

Dorothy..sounds like a great trip to New York..This time next week I will be in New York

Valerie..have fun packing for your trip. where in Wash State will you be going? MaryZ is there ...she is very sweet..

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 am

Morning all A quick in to say HI I have a wedding shower today and my sis is coming over to work on a quilt.

Chriss I am with ya on the computer, Facebook is time consuming, I need to get quilting done during the day and only do facebook at night,

Everyone have a great day......Might be back tonight.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 am

Good morning everyone.

It is a rainy day in Northern Kentucky. I don't really mind except for the fact I am supposed to go to Dry Ridge which is about 20-25 miles from me to get my BOM for the last couple of months and this month also. I wasn't able to get them because of those gosh darn surgeries I had to have but I am starting to feel really good and have lost over 20 lbs. I am going to make a dress today so that will be fun. My craft room is all set up and ready for me to sew. I just have to cut it out now. My serger and sewing machine are ready to rock n roll lol.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

bbl

Brenda

Return to “Sew ins”