Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, June 25 - Friday Eve

Daily discussions.
Tess

Re: Thursday, June 25 - Friday Eve

Post by Tess » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks Sharon, I'll check the site and see what I can find. I'm looking for navy, the new navy is bluest.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 am

Good late afternoon from sunny, warm SW. Pa...It is warm, 90 or above, but so far not unbearable..Our house is nice and cool and we haven't turned on the AC yet...

I've just had a great day! Didn't do anything this morning and then spent all afternoon with my "young" gal friends playing cards and eating....We were celebrating one of the "kid's" birthday, she turned 94...The other 2 are 79 and 83 and I'm the youngster at 71...I cannot believe how much fun I have with these kids....

DH had the day off from the elderly bingo...The firehall where the bingo is held was flooded last week and will be another couple of weeks before it's usable again...It's been a week and there are still families unable to go home...Our little community looks like a war zone...But we will recover, we have a very strong community and good neighbors....

I was trying to think what to make DH for dinner and he said, not to bother, he got a bowl of cereal...Haven't I said before, he is so easy to please.....

Since I finished the baby quilt (no baby, yet), now I have to start a new project...I do have the T-shirt quilt to do and I want to make new bedroom curtains....Never lacking for something to do, right???

So glad to see you're doing well, "T"....Now, let's get Pepper back to feeling good.....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone....

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Well the Thunder boomers are done and the internet and tv are back on. We have a few tree limbs on the yard but nothing serious. It was mostly wind and rain. It is still raining and we don't really need any more but ok.
I finish the crazy challenge quilt for my guild I swear it is ugly ugly. But That was the challenge. I am trying to get the camera to work. Maybe I cqan take a pic of it,

I am going to work on a gift for a friend and the Ufo piles are going down. BBL

macdor

Post by macdor » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Good evening everyone. Looks to me like everyone has been very busy. I've been busy, but nothing has got done. Oh, well there is always tomorrow.

Good to see *T* on the post. Hope that you are feeling better. Did you get Jeff to take you into Quid? I got the email today with the sales. Wish I could per take, but vacation is coming up so have to save for that.

Tess, yes I have noticed that the price of fabric at Joann's has gone up. But, they seem to be getting better quality of fabric. I try to keep both Joann's and LQS in business. Sandy, they are having a sale over the 4th. I got the flayer in the mail today.

Everyone have a great evening, be safe for all that is having the thunder storms. I hope that the heat will be short lived.

DorothyM

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 pm

HI all. I worked at the fabric store today and it was very slow so I got to sew all day.......Tough job eh? Decided to work on an UFO I started 3 years go. Just needed a little bit more for the top, it's not big and then cut out peices for the backing. It's hot and muggy here (muggy for us anyway) and then the wind came up with all that lovely dirt. YUCK We have had lots of clouds but no rain.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Jeanne

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 pm

has anyone heard from Luvtoquilt... did her daughter have the baby yet???

Grammie, I am not thrilled about the three inch block either... ugh.

Sandy, Joann's is having a 4th of July sale... got my coupon and ad yesterday... and if you find that place with the perfect weather let me know... it is hot here...

I need to fix dinner... DH still has his cold....

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:46 pm

I think I'm finished for the day. I did manage to get a quilt top finished and tomorrow I'm going to try and get it sandwiched.....not my favorite thing to do. My eyes are itching like crazy and my nose is running and I'm sneezing up a storm so I think I need to take a pill......grass is being mowed outside and it's bothering me I guess. It was really sad to hear that Farrah Fawcett had passed away and I was really surprised to hear about Michael Jackson passing away too! So sad........my heart goes out to the families! Well if I don't see you all anymore tonight I'll see you in the morning!! Enjoy what's left of your evening!!

Sandy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi all I just heard Farrah Fawcett died and I was reading that and then a news flash Michael Jackson died today too. Ed Mcmahon died the other day. Wow 3 deaths, I always heard it comes in 3s. Famous people are mortal too.

I finished the binding on my guild challenge. I went through the fabric and I am going to fussy cut a block, I can't seem to get that 3in block right,for the BOM.

The sun came out a few minutes ago and I saw a rainbow....God's smile.

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

No, No Baby Yet, she goes tomorrow for her Drs appt,,we will see what he says..shes having brackston hicks contractions..will Wait for Benjamin to get here.........

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Well, I made it through work today, got home, fixed supper, and put on my jammies. It looks as though everyone had a busy day. Hope everyone was able to sew a little. I am going to quilt a few stitches in on the baby blankie then go read before bedtime. I pray everyone has a good evening, and rests well tonight.

Mary

Return to “Sew ins”