Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, June 25 - Friday Eve

Daily discussions.
vagrandma

Re: Thursday, June 25 - Friday Eve

Post by vagrandma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 am

Good morning! I have a fun morning planned....NOT! I have laundry detail and the floors need scrubbin'! As soon as that's done I'm back in my sewing room. I've been working on my ufo's but finding it hard to finish many of them because I don't have the fabric. I don't know if Joanne's still has some of the fabrics or not....may have to settle for something different. Hopefully they'll have a sale soon and I can do a little fabric shopping. It's really warm this morning.....heading to 90 today. I wish there was a place where the temps stayed right around 75 all year long because I'd move there in a heartbeat!! Well I've gotta get busy. Have a great day!!

Sandy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 am

Good morning everyone. I'm having a cup of coffee before leaving for work. All of you who are working with me today have a good day. Hope it goes by quickly. For those who get to play, enjoy every minute of your time.

Vicky...glad to hear daughters quilt is almost finished.

"T"...it is so good to see you up and around. Take it easy though so you don't have a relapse.

Sandy...I have to do those uglies Sunday or Monday on my days off. I just don't have the energy to get any of that done bdfore or after work any more.

See you all later. Have a great day.

Mary

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 am

Good Morning everyone!! Going to 90 deg. today and too humid for me. They're saying MAYBE rain/storms. This is JUNE, not AUGUST!! lol!

I've already been to the sewing room...still machine quilting my UGRR wallhanging. I'm not happy with the way it looks...but I'm just partial to hand quilting...I just am never satisfied with the "look" of machine quilting, but time is an issue!

My DGD is coming to clean something to earn money for a trip, so I'd better find something for her to do! lol! I won't have to look far!!

Joanne:0)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:15 am

Good Morning Everyone!
One thing about oversleeping is at least you feel more rested. I feel for you Suzette, you must be a bit tired today. Last night I slept well, unlike the night before so I feel more rested. It was hard to get up though. I think my body was trying to make up for lost time.

For those doing laundry and cleaning I hope it all gets done so you can get back to what you love doing - sewing.

For those of you working, may your day go speedily by and may you return home so you can sew.

I will also be doing a bit of laundry and cleaning, exercise, find something for dinner and tutor children this afternoon. I am sewing today though.

Have a great day everyone!!
Carol

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:09 am

Good Morning Everyone. It's going to be another scorcher here today & for the next sev days I guess. Summer is def. here. My poor dbl coated puppers go out to do their business and hurry back to the door wanting back in to the A/C. The little birds fly into the yard so parched until they see the bird bath and they really enjoy it.

Susanna I am so happy to see you up & about and posting! Don't over do things though.

Bev, I am excited for you & your family over this new little Grandbaby that will be making his arrival soon. Prayers sent for Jess & Baby.

Suzette isn't that maddening to get up too early ny mistake? Sorry. I have done that too.

Vicky it sounds like a great day & evening at Shannons. Enjoy.

Judi I sure hope you do not have thunderboomers today! Take care.

Sandy if you find someplace in the US where it is 75 all yr long, let me know & I'll move also!!! When it is over 95, I do not do well at all.

Joanne I think that is cute that your DGD is raising her own money for a trip. Kudos for her.

Quilter7 it sounds like you have a full day ahead of you. Kudos to you for tutoring. I have zero patience.

To ALL of you that are working today, I hope the day speeds by very quickly and you arrive home safely to enjoy the evening doing whatever you get to do.

Have a good one folks!
Love You All

Tess

Post by Tess » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 am

Thought I would stop in for a minute...

Has anyone been to JoAnns lately??? I've been trying to stay away from ALL fabric shops and use only what I have stashed. I shopped at Joanns a couple of days ago....Is it me or have their prices gone up??? I've had some of my fabrics for so long, couldn't find anything to match. I too have been working on UFO'S and it's hard to match these old fabrics.

Gotta get back to work..doing yard chores today. Whee it's hot

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 am

Did you see that the blue fabrics are going to be 25% off and Jelly Rolls 40% off? I think the sale starts tomorrow. No wonder susanna wants to go to Quilt in a Day! LOL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 am

YIKES!!! Our thermometer, which is in the shade, is reading 105*. This is just craaaaaaaaazy!! I want to turn on a fan and take a nap - LOL. My boss probably would have something to say about that and it wouldn't be good. Thank goodness we have a good A/C unit here at work because it's only 78* in here while it's 105* outside. That's pretty good.

northbound

Post by northbound » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

Taking a few minutes here to say hi. I'm at work and the building is freezing cold, and the fleece vest I had in my car is not warm enough--I need sleeves. Something is very wrong with the AC!

*T*--glad to see you are feeling up to a drive to QIAD. I'd go on a tractor, but in a convertable with the top down would be heaven. Sorry to hear that the prednisone isn't agreeing completely with PepperDawg. Is she on fluorinef as well?

Tess, sometimes you can find older fabrics through a search on quiltshops.com. It all depends on the search terms you use matching the descriptions the shop owners write.

Hope everyone has a great day! Maybe if I open the doors here the cold will go all the way to VA--it feels like there's enough to do just that!!

Sharon C.

Roben

Post by Roben » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 am

Can it be tomorrow yet? :-)

After being up and down all night the night before last with DH, all I wanted to do was get some sleep last night. Someone forgot to tell the thunderstorms that! I'm not like DH; when something wakes me up like that it takes forever for me to get back to sleep.

Then the power company decides to replace all the transformers on my block today - it's hot, humid - and the power has to be off. Now the AC is playing catchup - but at least my modem is back on! They're still working out there, so I think I'll leave things unplugged - just in case ;-)

I did get the last of my fabric cut for the Vintage Homestead wall hanging, so it's time to start getting it together. I have never seen flying geese directions like these; some fabrics I had enough to cut for making the geese El's way, but some I didn't. Here's a link (hopefully) to the pdf on the Red Rooster site:

http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/stuff/ ... vh6.19.pdf

I'm actually splitting it into two wall hangings, since the space I need to fill is 48" x 36". Maybe I'll start on the Churn Dash blocks!

Glad to see everyone here - and sorry I didn't get to say good morning, but have a great afternoon!

Return to “Sew ins”